Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

whitey

[09] Warrior
EGM back in the day would run these polls. Figured I'd run one here.

Personally I think Sony had the best one. Mag and Mod Nation Racers looks awesome. I can't say that I was a fan though of the motion controllers. I'm also not a fan of the PSP, but I really like the new GO, the download service sounds awesome. This is the first good E3 press conference that Sony has had in years IMO

Nintendo didn't impress me much. I liked most of the things that they announced for the DSi, but thats about it. And i'm not looking foreward to that new Metroid game at all. I feel it goes against everything the original 3 metroid games stood for.

Microsoft had some great things. I liked that video camera thingy they had, but I feel that the eyeToy can already do most of that stuff. I'm really looking forward to that new epic game, i can't remember what its called. Also Halo Reach is going to be a must play for me. I kinda lost interest in Halo after 2 came out (I dont own halo 3 for my xbox) but if it follows the book "fall of reach" the game will simply be epic

Sony... WITHOUT A DOUBT...

Mod Nation Racers
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 14 Online
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
THE LAST GUARDIAN
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This is what I have to think about Nintendo...

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Just finished the Nintendo Press Conference... last year's Nintendo Press Conference was unanimously determined to be the WORST conference in E3 history... this year's was even WORSE! An entire conference of Nintendo parading about how successful they are, without actually offering anything to anybody to keep themselves successful. Bullshit like Wii Motion Plus, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Vitality Sensor and Style Savvy don't interest real gamers.

Nintendo claims to be expanding the gamer audience, but this just is not true. What they are doing is creating a new audience and telling gamers to go fuck themselves. At some point in the show, Reggie claims to "read the blogs" and he understands the complaints about the lack of third-party support. So he offers to show us THREE games; when did 3 games qualify as third party support? Sony and Microsoft show ten times that.

So of course, we see 3 games... one of them being another Resident Evil game; but its not even a landmark title, its one of those spinoffs... and even worse, another one being a Deadspace port. So Reggie moves on again and says "is there a chance a more mature title could come from Nintendo itself, instead of a third-party? the answer is yes!"... And immediately the video starts with a TEAM NINJA logo... doesn't that mean its third-party?

I feel like Nintendo is catering to fucking morons who don't notice this bullshit. Of course, what is the game? Surprisingly its not a new Ninja Gaiden game... its a new METROID game... using the Ninja Gaiden engine. So its Ninja Gaiden where you play as Samus, instead of Ryu Hayabusa. Fuck I hate Nintendo. But oh yeah... Women's Murder Club: Stories of Passion.

I thought sony had more down moments than nintendo(Gran Tourismo 5. God of Bore)

but Overall sony had more info on games worth caring about.

So my vote went to Sony.

Nintendo and Microsoft were overall pretty horrible this year

Really excited for Peace Walker and Uncharted 2.

The Last Guardian had me interested as well. But I don't really have a huge boner for team Ico games like the rest of the gaming community appears to.

Nintendo did better this year but it was still boring and annoying (endless talk about sales figures rather than games)

Microsoft remain consistent showing plenty of games. However, some of the things announced seem a bit gimicky. (sky on xbox seems odd)

Sony showed plenty of upcoming games but only had a few announcements of new games.

I'd rank Sony and Microsoft top with Nintendo a distant third.

I disagree with ya jaxel. Ninetndo learned their lesson, so there was no waggle-core this year. But I'd say this years Nintendo conference is a close third to worst e3 press conference ever. Second place goes to Nintendo last year. The title in my book for worst e3 press conference which pains me to say was Sega back in e3 1995 when they launched the Saturn 6 months early.

WiiMusic.gif

Also I wouldn't speak so negatively about Nintendo if i was you. Reggie just admitted he reads the internets, and you know how big he is. He might one day stumble across this webpage, not like what you said. Then he'd figure out where you live, come to your house and REGGIE SMASH you through a wall
bruce-wii.jpg

My interests

SONY
-----------
- Mod Nation Racers
- The Last Guardian
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

MICROSOFT
------------
- Metal Gear Solid: Rising

NINTENDO
------------
- Golden Sun DS

Sony wins it for me

I wasn't too thrilled with this year's E3. Overall it was meh, but Sony has came out on top over Nintendo & Microsoft in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to Mod Nation because I love to create shit. The motion controller looks like a dildo. I wish these companies would stop but it does offer 1 to 1 tracking with the Eyetoy thingy. If I wanted to recreate the experience of shooting arrows or swinging swords at someone, I would just do it for real instead of waving around a damn dildo.

God of War 3 is going to be big on the PS3. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until March 2010. Final Fantasy XIV Online is going to be big not that I'm going to play it. And The Last Guardian is going to be big because people love to care for ugly ass creatures.

Nintendo doesn't have much besides Metroid since they said f the core audience when the Wii came out so I could care less what they do. I guess the old ass geezers they are also catering to need a vitality sensor before they croke and die playing Wii Sports or some shit.

As for Microsoft, what do they have besides more Halo and Forza? L4D2 will also be on the PC, and Metal Gear Solid Rising is also on the PC and PS3. I guess there is Natal so that you can control crappy games without their controller.

Anyway, Sony wins. Microsoft is second. Nintendo is third, and E3 has been ho hum so far. I guess I will have to wait for TGS to come around to hear some shit I can really get excited about.

And The Last Guardian is going to be big because Team ICO knows their shit.

Fix'd for you sir.

That title wouldn't be nearly as anticipated if it wasn't Team ICO making it. Add on top the fact that everyone wanted to know what the next game they were working on was regardless.

The Last Guardian's monster looks like a furry Rathalos! <33333

Ok, not really but it looks like a furry Monster Hunter monster.

Microsoft showed Valve's Left 4 Dead 2.

Therefore, Microsoft won it hands down for me.

Bias? You bet your ass it is.

Sony Q: Was The Agency showed any or at all at the show?

I thought Microsoft's was the worst

Shit like their girl gamer line, announcements for FACEBOOK and TWITTER support, their new "innovative" camera( the NotEye-Toy) redeemed by nothing I personally cared about.

I guess if you like Halo and aren't pissed about Valve releasing a new L4D so soon(basically meaning they sold us an incomplete game last year) microsoft had some redeeming qualities, but otherwise I thought it was a pretty horrible showing

I wasn't too thrilled with this year's E3. Overall it was meh, but Sony has came out on top over Nintendo & Microsoft in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to Mod Nation because I love to create shit. The motion controller looks like a dildo. I wish these companies would stop but it does offer 1 to 1 tracking with the Eyetoy thingy. If I wanted to recreate the experience of shooting arrows or swinging swords at someone, I would just do it for real instead of waving around a damn dildo.

God of War 3 is going to be big on the PS3. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until March 2010. Final Fantasy XIV Online is going to be big not that I'm going to play it. And The Last Guardian is going to be big because people love to care for ugly ass creatures.

Nintendo doesn't have much besides Metroid since they said f the core audience when the Wii came out so I could care less what they do. I guess the old ass geezers they are also catering to need a vitality sensor before they croke and die playing Wii Sports or some shit.

As for Microsoft, what do they have besides more Halo and Forza? L4D2 will also be on the PC, and Metal Gear Solid Rising is also on the PC and PS3. I guess there is Natal so that you can control crappy games without their controller.

Anyway, Sony wins. Microsoft is second. Nintendo is third, and E3 has been ho hum so far. I guess I will have to wait for TGS to come around to hear some shit I can really get excited about.

Whats does PS3 have besides Final Fantasy and God of War?Are they even going to release any good online exclusive games for PS3 this year?Sure you guys got FFXIV online but last time I checked FF online games weren't exactly "fun" and cost money each month which blows.
IMO Microsoft has showed things with the most potential and its only been 2 days so its not even over yet.

Whats does PS3 have besides Final Fantasy and God of War?Are they even going to release any good online exclusive games for PS3 this year?
IMO Microsoft has showed things with the most potential and its only been 2 days so its not even over yet.

What do you mean Online Exclusive? Shit like Warhawk? Stories are good too ya'know..........

Orly? Care to name? Only thing remotely impressive from a industry stand point is Milo (even though I don't give a shit about it personally, I'll admit it's something else). Other than that what else did they have?

To hell with FFXIII and GoWIII

Those games aren't even on my HYPE list.

Back