Why aren't the Americas ever represented with a character in the Main Cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio_DeMonio

[08] Mercenary
I have been playing Soul Calibur since the beginning in the arcades and immediately fell in love with the game. One thing I always wondered, why over the years aren't there any characters from the Americas like a Mayan, Aztec, Olmec, Incan, etc. I think they should be represented, too! Even Native Americans in the U. S. and Canada should be represented like Apache, Navajo, Mohawk, Black Foot, etc. There would also be cool stages in the Americas like Tenochtitlan, Angel Falls, Machu Picchu, the Old West, The Amazon, etc.

Why not even include Africans or Australian Aborigines, too.

Why are only Europeans and Asians represented?

Because the story happens there?
At the time/age of the story there were only indians here.. so..
Of course they could go there, but I think they would only be slaves...

=p

Rock was American in Soul Blade,but they changed it,now he's from London ~_~.

Bangoo is Native American and was supposed to be in this game but he didn't make it. I don't see him being added as DLC either coz Zasalamel and Talim are by far more popular choices, so just wait for SC6

Bangoo is Native American and was supposed to be in this game but he didn't make it. I don't see him being added as DLC either coz Zasalamel and Talim are by far more popular choices, so just wait for SC6

Bangoo is Rock's son, and Rock is British, so I'm quite sure that Bangoo would also be British.

Because the story happens there?
At the time/age of the story there were only indians here.. so..
Of course they could go there, but I think they would only be slaves...

=p
Why would Indians be slaves. It's not like they can't make up a story about a strong warrior from some tribe (which also can be made up if they want) that somehow came in contact with Soul Edge or something. The story isn't about 100% historical fact. If they wanted to, they could add a character from the Americas, but for some reason, they haven't.

I have been playing Soul Calibur since the beginning in the arcades and immediately fell in love with the game. One thing I always wondered, why over the years aren't there any characters from the Americas like a Mayan, Aztec, Olmec, Incan, etc. I think they should be represented, too! Even Native Americans in the U. S. and Canada should be represented like Apache, Navajo, Mohawk, Black Foot, etc. There would also be cool stages in the Americas like Tenochtitlan, Angel Falls, Machu Picchu, the Old West, The Amazon, etc.

Why not even include Africans or Australian Aborigines, too.

Why are only Europeans and Asians represented?
Have you ever thought that was because representing countries was never on Project Soul's mind? They show little importance in the backgrounds of the characters and it's pretty obvious with the current roster in SCV. I don't understand why some players think a character can represent a country because that's where they came from. For instance, Seong-Mina and Yun Seong may be Korean, but they're in no way representatives for that country. They're simply from there. Besides, no one can represent a country when the territory maps back then and today are different.

On another note, most of the events in Soul Calibur take place in Western Europe and East Asia. You can't expect them to cover the whole world :P

Have you ever thought that was because representing countries was never on Project Soul's mind? They show little importance in the backgrounds of the characters and it's pretty obvious with the current roster in SCV. I don't understand why some players think a character can represent a country because that's where they came from. For instance, Seong-Mina and Yun Seong may be Korean, but they're in no way representatives for that country. They're simply from there. Besides, no one can represent a country when the territory maps back then and today are different.

On another note, most of the events in Soul Calibur take place in Western Europe and East Asia. You can't expect them to cover the whole world :P
Maybe represent is the wrong word I'm looking for. What I meant to say is that why can't there be character from the Americas. They could have added new weapons, fighting style and clothing that would make an interesting character to have from this side of the world during that time. Like tomahawks & maucahuitl for weapons and traditional and ceremonial clothing for a unique looking character.

Like I said before, it's not like they can't create a story or something that somehow the swords ended up in the Americas. New characters are always brought in out of the blue, so why not characters from here.

I am not trying to piss people off. It was just a thought I had. I had created a character in SC3 & SC4 that suited what I am asking, but the only fighting style and weapon that suited was Yun-Seong and now he is gone and can't create him again. It was then that I had wondered why a character from the Americas was never in the game.

I apologize if I offended anyone by asking this question. It was not my intention.

And we hadn't kicked your ass and declared independence yet, so we were still a British colony.
Remind me which nation then spent the following 200 years fighting amongst themselves and enslaving black people?
Oh snap.

Also remind me which nation decided not to be part of the largest empire on earth and in living memory has not entered a war start to finish and won?
Cold war doesn't count - no open war declared.

Oh and while I'm at it, who decides the time?
=)

Remind me which nation then spent the following 200 years fighting amongst themselves and enslaving black people?
Oh snap.

Also remind me which nation decided not to be part of the largest empire on earth and in living memory has not entered a war start to finish and won?
Cold war doesn't count - no open war declared.

Oh and while I'm at it, who decides the time?
=)

Hey don't use facts in an online forum that's cheating.

there was spawn.... haha :D

bangoo is native american while rock always been british since soul edge.

now that i think of it... maybe the reason bangoo is not present in sc V is because he is native american and not a colon..nah, cant be ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back