Why I got a nintendo 64 back in the day

The N64 was a brilliant system! Was really expensive at the time but it sure beat the hell out of my Sega CD.

Goldeneye is still remembered very fondly, along with the first super smash bros, mario kart, ocarina of time (amongst others).

The gamecube on the other hand in my opinion was a disaster. The only game which mightve convinced me to buy one at the time was the remake of RE1.

Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark were 2 of my favorite games of all time.

I still pop Conker's in from time to time and watch the cutscenes. Despite better graphice the N64 version was way better than the Xbox version. The one player game was way more challenging and for some reason actually had more facial expressions on the characters than the Xbox version. The main one for me was when Conker watched the King bee and the busty sunflower get it on. In the 64 version his jaw dropped and on the Xbox it didn't, this made the moment way more priceless. Also, on the Xbox Conker was the only one who's eyes ever changed.

Perfect Dark had the best multiplayer setup ever, the sheer number of options was staggering. (not to mention how badly the Farsight would own). I won't even mention the sequel/prequel on the Xbox360.

The N64 was a brilliant system! Was really expensive at the time but it sure beat the hell out of my Sega CD.

Goldeneye is still remembered very fondly, along with the first super smash bros, mario kart, ocarina of time (amongst others).

The gamecube on the other hand in my opinion was a disaster. The only game which mightve convinced me to buy one at the time was the remake of RE1.

Funny only reason I want a Gamecube now is cause of RE0,RE1,RE2,RE3 and Eternal Darkness(Survial horror nut lol)

Back