Why I'm disappointed in SCIIHD already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Yes, a guy.
I know I've been absent from the community for quite a while (took hiatus to SMNC, Injustice, and then Smite).

However, I'm deeply upset with the announcement of SCIIHD for a number of reasons.

1) Graphics - Although they're slated as "HD" it looks like all they have done is bump up the polygon counts. I'd rather see updated voiceovers, new character models, refreshed classics, but keep the sound track and the art.

2) Gameplay - SCII was plenty of fun, but I highly doubt we'll see many features that would be integrated nicely, such as a tag mode. The only true exclusive will probably be the online play, and if the net-code is as good as SCV, I'm okay with that.

3) Lack of creativity - This has been heavily discussed in the past, but the time and development that went in to this certainly could have went to a "Super SCV" or SCVI. Instead they're rehashing the good memories we've had in SCII (I still have my Gamecube copy), rather than working on new mechanics, characters, etc.

4) It's not for PC - It just seems like something that could have been done rather simply. It's not a big deal for this, but I think it would be nice for them to offer it as an option, just as SF currently is.

I'm hoping this is just to bide time until they can make an update SCV, or sequel to it; however, I'm deeply disappointed. Destiny and Broken Souls I put in a different house for this argument, but I don't see myself getting it unless they put it on PC, or it's $10 or less.

Why are you bent out of shape over this?

1) HD remasters(besides the Square-Enix ones) are just Hi-Res, Cleaned up Models that were on 6th gen hardware, they were not going to put a insane budget behind this game for new VA's and new models....you were already asking for too much with that.

2) can of words skipping that

3) I don't know what the heck you wanted in a HD port to SC2 but this is what I more or less expected...I believe this is you expecting too much from Bamco.

4) Since when has PC ever had a Soul Calibur that wasn't a ROM hack?

If $15 is too much to ask for the most request SC game to be re-released then your not obligate to buy it, I'm sure most people here will jump on it though but that is my opinion.

As much as I'd like to see a PC version, Namco isn't very big on PC ports for any of their games. The HD facelift and (hopefully) solid netcode are enough for me.

I would have forked out for a next gen system without question, had this been a PS4/X1 exclusive.

I'm disappointed that this is based on the PS2 version instead of the Arcade version. Conquest Mode can be made into an epic online mode. Also, the graphics won't be as good as they could be because they are HD-ing the PS2 graphics instead of the HD-ing the superior Arcade graphics. (and the PS2 version had the worse graphics of the console versions actually)

I am also worried that because SC2HD screams straight-up port, that it means chars will not rebalanced and game-breaking glitches like Step-G and G22 will still exist.

And also for me personally, I really LOVE char customization. And SC2 ain't got it. :(

I'm disappointed that this is based on the PS2 version instead of the Arcade version. Conquest Mode can be made into an epic online mode. Also, the graphics won't be as good as they could be because they are HD-ing the PS2 graphics instead of the HD-ing the superior Arcade graphics. (and the PS2 version had the worse graphics of the console versions actually)

No Sophie in the arcade version.

I am personally excited for SCIIHD and don't really care about graphics ... at all really.... I just want staff wielding Kilik back.... I don't really think there was a point to any past soulcalibur games besides Kilik..... so uh ... yeah... what were we talking about?

It's cute how everyone seems to think people care about what they have to say.

This is worse than the "my review of" posts.

I'm disappointed that this is based on the PS2 version instead of the Arcade version.

I am also worried that because SC2HD screams straight-up port, that it means chars will not rebalanced and game-breaking glitches like Step-G and G22 will still exist.
(

Anyone that actually wants the arcade versions of SC2 over the console never got hit by any of the retarded shit in the arcade versions. The console version is the only version of SC2 /worth/ doing an upgrade of.

Besides, if you take step-G and G22 out, you take out SC2. SC2 is a less balanced game without those, and frankly, I love what they do for the game.

If you're supposed to think "Nobody is going to give a shit about my opinion" every single second you spend on this forum, or any forum in general, what's the point of posting at all?

The point is to find games for soulcalibur, contribute, make friends, and have fun.

Reactions: CFW
If they completely revamped it then it wouldn't be SCII HD Online, it would be SC2.5 because the idea is that its simply SCII with new graphics and online, hence the title. I would think that some balancing might come in though.

This is such a pointless thread you're complaining about a game that is more than likely just creating more time for the Soul calibur team to produce a better game. At least we are getting an HD remake, if you don't like it play Soul Calibur 5.

EDIT: Complaining about a fighting games graphics is idiotic would you rather have "flawless" graphics or a million glitches I'd rather them fix the glitches them slightly improve the graphics.

If you're supposed to think "Nobody is going to give a shit about my opinion" every single second you spend on this forum, or any forum in general, what's the point of posting at all?

It's literally just a port for current gen consoles.

1) it's a port.

2) did anyone even ask for that?

3) people asked for this

4) you dont know that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back