why metal and rock is talentless, and gives you an IQ of 1

why metal and rock is talentless, and gives you an IQ of

just 3 days till the opeth show here at the marquis. i'm pumped.

just 3 days till the opeth show here at the marquis. i'm pumped.

Yo I saw them right after Watershed came out. GREAT show. Opened with Demon of the Fall and closed with The Drapery Falls. Completely blew me out of the water. Even played Windowpane.

i saw opeth a few years back........my ears are still ringing

My personal Lamb of God favorites are 11th hour and pariah. Sorry, no links from work.

Heh, last time I saw them live was with GWAR in Jersey at Birch Hill in Old Bridge. Randy Blythe was WASTED!

that must have been a while ago, Birch Hill is long gone

I have no idea what you guys are talking about >.>

Here's my quandry. I enjoy Metal music, especially when I need something energetic and aggressive.

However, bad lyrics ruin any song for me. And Metal is almost defined by terrifyingly bad lyrics.

So I pretty much stopped listening to metal after highschool.

That is, I *had*, until Dethklok. Thank god for Dethklok and thank god for Brendon Small.

I'm just the opposite. I can't stand it when music has "serious" lyrics, so I'd rather listen to cheesy gore/death/satan stuff rather than listen to what a musician has to say about politics.

I've been more interested in instrumentals for those very reasons actually. I'm one of those lame guys who listens for the sound more than anything.

and hate good sounding songs or beats ruined by idiotic lyrics.

As for hip hop and rock, not really a fan of either. If I like something it's usually because they sample/ take influences from Jazz and Funk, which are probably my favorite genres

Funk Rock is fucking awesome

Back