Why must we complain about banning characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codemaster92163

[09] Warrior
On every single fighting game forum ive ever been on (3 lol) there has always been complaints about banning a character because they are "Game-breaking." What is so game-breaking about those characters? Hilde isn't really game-breaking. I realize she has the Death combo and that she is top tier, but does that really mean she should, or any other character for that matter, be banned?

Think of it like this. You start by banning the highest tier character for a game. What comes next? You start to think that the new highest tier character (Since the original was banned) is game breaking too since they are better than all the others. You choose to ban them too. It is always possible for a cycle such as this to be bred due to banning characters just because you have difficulties playing one, or because they have something that you think is "cheap."

Play the damned game... if a character annoys you then thats nice. Lord knows there are a few that annoy the hell out of me, but should a character really be banned? Every character has something, and every character lacks something too. No one in this game as far as we can tell is game-breaking, and no one should be banned because they're better than the other characters. Stop bitching about Hilde or Algol because they have moves your character lacks. Hell, if we all complained because of things like that, lets complain about the fact that Raph, Yoshi, and Tira can regain health. Or we can complain that the long range characters have, well, range. Or that characters like Talim have stun combos, or that Sophy and Cassandra have nice punishing skills. Its a game, characters all have specific tools, characters all lack some tools that others have. Its that simple.

Lol, if anyone complained about Talim having stun combos, I'd be a very happy person.

The banning arguments have been out for a while, and nothing's happened. Just endless bitching. Don't worry, people complain, but the higher- ups/ tourney makers aren't heeding them (as far as I know) so you can assume that it's just people complaining too much and such bans on chars like Hilde will not happen.

Seriously people. HILDE WILL NOT BE BANNED. No matter how much we hate her. She's that good. Learn her or learn how to beat her. Just stop your fruitless complaints.

On the other hand, Algol... >.>

Its a game, characters all have specific tools, characters all lack some tools that others have. Its that simple.

Exactly.
Algol might have a 100% life combo, but he can't auto evade verticals like Yun Seong does, and he cannot lose his own health like Tira does.
Hilde might be able to ring out from 3 kilometres away from the edge, but Raphael can heal himself in the middle of combat, and Lizardman has a shield.

Quit whining people.

^His combo as I recall works on only 2 characters, but that combo is not allowed either way.

Hilde can ring out, but you must first be in the right position to be rung out, she must have the proper charges, and you must be hit by her charge.

Raph and Yun have more tools than that -_- Those are not their only useful ones (at least I don't think so) Your looking at this too narrowly.

And sorry for bringing this up again lol, but I did just read about 50 posts in some thread about banning again, so...

I think we should ban the worst characters so people have to play good characters. That way nobody would whine!

wait,..seriously? you can't do algol's character specific infinite combo that relies on perfect timing...a perfect launch in the right direction..and so on and so on? SHIT! if Oof or whomever got that on me..even in a tourney. I'd LAUGH!! Both at their luck for the launch working right and for my unluckiness of getting hit by it. I'd be rooting FOR them to finish the damn thing...

I'd take that "insta kill" over hilde's "combo"... but even then there is no reason to "ban" it. Maybe if they patch her they can mess with her A charge so it can't start up her doom combo..that would be all I'd say that would be needed so NOBODY could complain. Even then I enjoy playing knowing that one fuck-up or poor positioning can get me killed. Not all the time..but sometimes.

And like Oof said... no more ban or no ban threads!! GAAH!

Hilde's DEATH Combo can by Just Ukemi'd, meaning the Developers designed the game to HAVE it. Just Ukemi is not something you can do in typical situations, meaning the DEVS programmed an escape from this, just get your timing down.

Algol's shenanigans are on the other hand... stupid looking.

BTW, just because a move requires a situation to get hit by, doesn't mean it won't happen. Every move requires you to get HIT, so by the logic of "situational" everyone can alwys fall back on "You have to not be blocking". Point being, the situation CAN happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back