Will we get a revised SCIV??

AriesWarlock

[12] Conqueror
You know how Blazblue is being re-released with new characters and fixes, and Super Street Fighter IV is doing the same, but in addition Capcom is apparently going to give a special gift to stop early adopters from throwing away their discs? Do you think Namco Bandai is going to do something similar or they just don't care anymore?

Like Malice said, Broken Destiny.
Also, they're probably very busy with T6 (Namco). Maybe there will be a SCIV addition towards the PS3 console. However, I'm very skeptical about it.

So like I been saying, we'll get a revised SCIV when SCV comes out so that way they can charge full price and make more money instead of trying to update this one. You're not going to see anything done for the console version unless it's on a new disk.

I just wish something was being done for the console, whether it's an update or a full game. Just give me something to look forward to.

So like I been saying, we'll get a revised SCIV when SCV comes out so that way they can charge full price and make more money instead of trying to update this one. You're not going to see anything done for the console version unless it's on a new disk.

Why are you so certain about the above?

Any proof or evidence?

I'm going by the fact that they stop supporting this game after 1.03, the fact that they stopped supporting a game that sold over 2 million copies, their track record of lack of supporting Soul Calibur as a whole, the fact that instead of doing something for the console version of the game, they just made an updated port for the PSP that they could charge full price for. Or could they not do something for the console first, then make a port for the PSP?

Plus it also needs to make sense financially. NB isn't going to just do something just because we ask for it.

So I ask, what evidence is there that shows you they will do something for the console version? I'm not trying to be negative because I have been sitting here dying for NB/Project Soul to do something with this game, but I got to be realistic about it. And so far, I haven't seen anything to change my mind besides some vague statements.

But it really doesn't matter what I say on here because we're still going to be in the same boat waiting for them to do something to this game while SF4 and BB get updates.

A pity they won't at least balance SCIV, dammit Namco, you sold so many copies, probably did well with DLC and you are going to stop supporting it?

Angrel-san, who is the girl in your avatar?? Is it the girl who played Jean in the x-men movies??

dont expect to much guys ,there will be another version of sc.
That was all with broken lol destiny.
Tekken 6 will come out and they are gonna chill for the next 2 years.

i hope BD never comes to console

the balance in BD is worse

Oh really?

I don't know about you but me at least can't wait for this game to come to console.

I can't and don't want to play 1.03 anymore after spending some quality time with BD. The balance in this game is great IMO and the RO aspect like the butter effect is eliminated from this game which is nice, along with other good and solid changes.

Malice-Maybe Project Soul is testing how they will do with BD following the DR pattern. We just have to be patient about it. Sorry if I sounded wrong before but I'm just kinda tired of all the negativism lately. Nothing personal, ok!!! ^_^

Aries-This hot piece of woman mold is Brenda Lynn Acevedo. A compatriot of mine living in the Jersey area. Google her and enjoy, hehe. One of the best MILFs ever.

I'm going by the fact that they stop supporting this game after 1.03, the fact that they stopped supporting a game that sold over 2 million copies, their track record of lack of supporting Soul Calibur as a whole, the fact that instead of doing something for the console version of the game, they just made an updated port for the PSP that they could charge full price for. Or could they not do something for the console first, then make a port for the PSP?

Plus it also needs to make sense financially. NB isn't going to just do something just because we ask for it.

So I ask, what evidence is there that shows you they will do something for the console version? I'm not trying to be negative because I have been sitting here dying for NB/Project Soul to do something with this game, but I got to be realistic about it. And so far, I haven't seen anything to change my mind besides some vague statements.

But it really doesn't matter what I say on here because we're still going to be in the same boat waiting for them to do something to this game while SF4 and BB get updates.

I agree with everything said here. It's not being negative it's just looking at what is most likely at what makes the most sense.

I swear Namco is trying to kill off the competitive SC scene. At least in asia. Rawrrr.

Then again evidently so is Capcom with SF. Lol.

By "re-release" do we mean the release of a new similar game, or a release of new downloadable content? In doing either of the two would mean they would risk harsh criticism. Typically, reception of a new game with new content, but still the same game, doesn't go over well if charged at new price. Look at Halo: ODST. Sold a lot, but also may have hurt future sales because many feel it's a rip off. The upcoming Halo: Reach may not sell now as a result. And if Namco went with a download everyone would be asking why wasn't that included in the original game and why should I have to pay extra? So it's not easy to add to something that has already been put out, unless you make something totally new down the road.

At this late in the game, I'm really starting to doubt we will see anything for SCIV. Ill hold my breath a little longer, afterall Namco is stuck in Tekken mode now. Nothing will be said about a fighter unless it involves Tekken. After the initial sales rush of that ahem, POS, yep Ill say it now, they will be looking to their next cash machine. Though it will be interesting to see if the flagship title gets the same laughable DLC and support.

But with the release of Super Street Fighter IV being a completely new disc, I very much doubt Namco will bother with any sort of DLC update for SCIV. SCIV is just too old now, if a game doesn't see a revision in its first year of release, its probably not going to happen. Well, we got SCBD, and that's probably it for this overall version. I could be wrong, but it is VERY late in the life cycle of SCIV.

Anyway, a flat out sequel to SCIV may be closer than we think. An ideal plan for Namco has been to release a fighter each year, staggering Tekken and Soulcalibur. Next year we will either get the first screens of a true sequel, or we will get the sequel itself. Development time for another SC should be much shorter than before considering most of it will be rehashed from SCIV.

-DeathCom

True, it's very late, but don't usually publishers release a greatest hits/platinum version of their games when their games have sold a certain amount??

Wikipedia says "On July 28th, 2008, the program was introduced on the PlayStation 3. A PlayStation 3 game must be on the market for 10 months and sell at least 500,000 copies to meet the Greatest Hits criteria. PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits titles currently sell at $29.99."

As of 8 May 2009, the game has sold 2.3 million worldwide.

Here's hoping....

so SC has been a commercial success? Forgive me if this is a very Ignorant question

I'd think so, a lot of games don't even reach the million mark. With the Star Wars characters I am sure plenty of new people bought the game. They must also have made some quick cash with the DLC and "unlocking" Vader and Yoda.

Back