Wind of Battle

KaiBro

[10] Knight
So did anyone get that achievement or trophy yet? I'm confused whether if this is accumulated from all battles or just in one battle, because 87,600 is bit too much for just one battle.

It's from all battles I presume since this is a achievement/trophy designed to be unlocked over time.

Anyway I did not want to start a new thread for this:
So the game told me I unlocked "Wind of Battle" with its darkend box, it did happen in the middle of battle.
However I did not get the trophy.
1. Did I unlock something with the same name or did my game just glitch?
2. Do I have to make a new savefile to unlock it again? Cause that seems like too much of a hassle.

You unlocked the title, not the trophy/cheevo. The title is unlocked via level up. You can check your progress for the trophy/cheevo by going to the Soul Link dealie from the main menu, it's near the bottom.

It's accumulated from all battles fought online and singleplayer. VS Battle (player vs cpu) might add to it, since wins and loses are added to your offline percentage. It's impossible to do complete this in one battle, though. If you check your Soul Link, you can check how much distance you've covered. Imo, this is the worst trophy to add to this game because it's a total grind fest.

You unlocked the title, not the trophy/cheevo. The title is unlocked via level up. You can check your progress for the trophy/cheevo by going to the Soul Link dealie from the main menu, it's near the bottom.

Oh ok! Thank you! I didn't know that such info was displayed in the Soul Link "tab".

Imo, this is the worst trophy to add to this game because it's a total grind fest.

Well, you get it if you play a lot of online and/or offline versus so I wouldn't worry about it being a grind, it will come due time.

I was just worried if my game thought I had moved enough of a distance without giving me the trophy.

I've got this trophy, and it took about 4 months of normal play. It's a pain to get because only certain modes count towards your movement sum. As Reprobean_Child mentioned, you can check your accumulated movement in your Soul Link.

These modes add to your meter count:
Arcade
Legendary Souls
Quick Battle
All Online modes (Ranked, Player, and GC)

That means that meters gained in Vs. battles and Training mode do not add to your Soul Link count and do not work towards the trophy. Hope this helps, and if you want to grind it out, the guide at http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=Soul-Calibur-V-Trophy-Guide has some tips.

I'm not sure if walking speed really has anything to do with it, as it's tracking meters moved, not steps. Sometimes I'd get 3,000 meters using Nightmare, other times 1,000 using the same tactics. Voldo certainly covers more distance than Natsu in a single step, not sure who's actually faster without watching a couple matches.

I'm not sure if walking speed really has anything to do with it, as it's tracking meters moved, not steps. Sometimes I'd get 3,000 meters using Nightmare, other times 1,000 using the same tactics. Voldo certainly covers more distance than Natsu in a single step, not sure who's actually faster without watching a couple matches.

That's my point though. It's not steps taken, it's distance traveled.

Thusly: The faster you move, the quicker you will reach your destination. If Voldo moves faster then Natsu, he's going to be able to reach 87k before Natsu is.

Think of it as the 100 meter sprint: The faster people cover the distance before the slower people.

You make a good point. I have no counter logic nor reason that I didn't come to that conclusion.

It's easy-done. Stupid achievement/trophy is stupid. They should've added in a long distance sprinter fighter, or given us Usain Bolt as the guest character or something.

That's why I used Voldo for this trophy since he covers the most distance. Others have used him as well for this trophy but with something else added to the mix, a turbo controller. Obviously if you don't have that kind of controller, you're pretty much stuck sitting there holding back on the d-pad or stick and pressing whatever button you confirm your options with, over and over.

So, I did some testing, in a semi-scientific manner, to compare the movement rates of various characters based on their estimated stride length. I went into Quick Battle, and faced "Hinada," a Tira CAS. During the battles, I took no actions other than walking back until the match timed out for three rounds (infinite stage) and then checked my accumulated movement. Behold:

Long stride characters:
Voldo-598 meters
Raphael-640 meters

Medium stride characters:
Natsu-417 meters
Patroklos-384 meters

Short stride characters:
Nightmare-423 meters
Hilde-354 meters

There are some possible variations in results due to the fact that the characters with short and medium strides got hit by the CPU more often, resulting in less opportunity to move. Other data gathered includes the factor that movement incurred as part of attacks and knockback do not count in terms of registered movement. I played a match in which I did nothing but spam Natsu's 8A+B, and after three rounds, no movement was recorded.

Conclusion: Yeah, this trophy/achievement sucks. As hypothesized, characters with longer stride lengths will help you get it faster, but it's still a pain in the neck if you're grinding for it. Ivy and Tira are good for this, in addition to Raph and Voldo. I expected it to pop long before it did, and I sort of pursued it, in that I wound up using Arcade mode instead of Training for many things. Perhaps I should update the PS3Trophies guide with the correct information, in order to get my good deed for the day knocked out.

Back