[Winston-Salem, NC] Care for a smoke?

sup everyone, i am now in NC mon-fri because of a new job. i helped make VA a huge powerhouse in games like tekken and id love to do the same for NC in SC.

when i actively played SC4 i did very well in tourneys including being inside the top 10 at SB3 and NEC. i'm getting back into games again and want to go hard in SC4 and finish what i started as i believe i can still be a great player.

anyone want games? i'm in hillsborough but i'll travel almost anywhere.

In Batman voice: "and now we're two." haha, but good shit sir, I need someone else in this state w/ your enthusiasm for this game.

TOURNAMENT THREAD UP ON 8WR!!! GO! GO!! GO!!!
-Q

I'd totally attend, except how I already used most of my extra cash to attend HERB2 for Melee two weeks ago. Unless I get a surprise job in the next week, I couldn't make the drive. ;(

I have the enthusiasm, just not the funds.

I still say you should run SC2 over that shit, at least for this tournament. Fuck the rest of the world. NC wants to play SC2.

Hey, Tom. It'd be good if you can help wake up the scene around here, and skilled, dedicated competitors are always welcome.

Q/all: Apparently JTO, Big Boi, wing zero and some other ATL guys are coming (for that FO probably), we should get them all to play Calibur while they're here.

Q/all: Apparently JTO, Big Boi, wing zero and some other ATL guys are coming (for that FO probably), we should get them all to play Calibur while they're here.

I have no doubt they'll enter and I have no doubt we're unprepared.
-Q

anyone want to play any time soon? lets get some games in guys.
We usually play at purify's place, but I think he's out of town this weekend. I may have some time Sunday afternoon, though.
Doug - Same question I asked Q. What makes you love SC4? I'm curious. :)
Well, it's more like I enjoy it more than any other non-SC fighter. Because once I got past some of the system changes from previous versions, the game still felt like Calibur to me at its core (no, not Tekken w/ weapons). The mindgames, spacing, character individuality (personality and fighting styles), room for creativity, fun factor, etc... are still there. This version lacks major glitches, puts more emphasis on specific character match-ups, and has (overall) good character balance. The other thing is, like Q said, I either wouldn't or couldn't permanently go back to the previous versions (SC1: no more Dreamcasts and not getting a red-ring 360; SC2: X, ridiculous version of step-G, too easy to step lots of horizontals; SC3: VC, character imbalance, somewhat lacking in fun-factor).

But since you asked why I love it... because it bugs the hell out of you. ;P
You all need me. You don't have to admit it.
We need the old pro-SC4 you, or a theoretical constructively-criticizing-SC4 you, not the current Jaxel-level-complaining-anti-SC4 you.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, I went there! ;D

Hey, gathering at my apartment on Tuesday night!

Address:
221 Calibre Chase Drive, apt 106
Raleigh, NC 27609

Mapquest or whatever might tell you to turn onto an Anderson Drive. Don't do that, just stay on Six Forks until you see two gas stations, a Crown and a Shell. My place is between the two of them, first apartment building you come to. Me and Doug (RONGSHOTTO) usually meet up at around 6:00/6:30 to eat at Bali Hai (mongolian grill) to eat before we play. Y'all could meet with us to eat, come later or we could work something else out.

Back