Xianghua combos

Xianghua Wall Combos:

4A+B – 4A+B – FC 3B = ~101 Damage.

4K – 4A+B – 4A+B – FC 3B = ~85 Damage.

FC 3B - 4A+B - FC 3B = ~76 Damage.

44B – 3B – FC 3B – FC 3B = ~73 Damage. [3B does not always re-launch!]

25B – 4A+B – FC 3B = ~70 Damage.

Hey all. Lurker and secret Serge-lover (shh) here.

I'm getting an Xbox360 on Christmas Day, and I've already got SC IV ready to go.

I've been a longtime fan of Soul Calibur, and over the past few months, I've been going *NUTS* with SCIII on the PS2, but I've totally worn myself out. The only thing I can't really beat on a regular basis is an extremely hard AI.

I'm trying to ramp myself up for playing my Lovely X online in SCIV, but there's a few moves I am having hair-pulling frustration with executing.

Specifically, with her :2::B::+::G: , :B::+::K: , :A:/:B::+::G: . From what I've read, a certain part of the move MUST be JF, or else the whole thing will not work. I've been attempting to make it work for a solid hour, nonstop, and I've only succeeded three times. I've watched the replays for each instance over and over, but I STILL cannot get the second throw to initiate. I can get the :B::+::K: to hit the opponent in the back on a consistent basis, but the throw afterward just whiffs.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

EDIT: If a Mod could move this post to the Q&A/other appropriate thread, that'd be great. I had about 15 threads open when I posted this. Accidentally clicked the wrong one. Sorry.

The :B:+:K: in the middle has to be JF (press when she lands), and then you have to step a little towards the opponent before doing the crouch grab. I think it's hard to do, so I always use :6::A:+:B: , :6::6::B:+:K: instead. 8 or so less damage but never fails.

Btw, if the :B:+:K: isn't JF the opponent can just block it. If they don't, you can still follow up with :6::A:+:B: , :6::6::B:+:K:, but the crouch grab won't work.

The :B:+:K: in the middle has to be JF (press when she lands), and then you have to step a little towards the opponent before doing the crouch grab. I think it's hard to do, so I always use :6::A:+:B: , :6::6::B:+:K: instead. 8 or so less damage but never fails.

Btw, if the :B:+:K: isn't JF the opponent can just block it. If they don't, you can still follow up with :6::A:+:B: , :6::6::B:+:K:, but the crouch grab won't work.

you can also follow it up with 44AA which does a little less dmg then the 6A+B 66B+K but puts them in a mixup were if they dont duck you get a back grab and if they do you can low grab them or something.

I've been able to get 2A+B, FC3B to combo once in a while, but the timing is tricky. Seems it would be pretty good since FC3B could be a tech trap.

2B+G:B+K, 2A+G*B+G is the most damage you get when 2B+G hits (not in combos)...
But if you connect with something like WR B, then 2B+G:B+K, (dash) aK, 1BB does the most damage and even more on tech... 2B+G:B+K, iFC 3B, 44AA, 66B+K also works as a combo, 44AA will always connect in this combo and the 1BB in the previous variant does as well, the 2nd B can't be teched after aK in that combo... If you're fighting Asta or Voldo and catch them with 2B+G:B+K then aK, 1BB is the most damage I believe because Asta and Voldo both can break back throws... can Apprentice break back throws with his force break??? Well, watch out for Apprentice too... Another thing I'd like to point out, good players see you dash in for another 2B+G after the 2B+K:B+K, 6A+B combo because the window is so big, but after 2B+G:B+K, (dash) aK, the window is smaller and harder to react on spot against another 2B+G as a tech trap from X so the opponent will be left to predict the tech trap instead... Although less damage, 2B+G:B+K, (dash) aKK is another route you could take leaving the opponent standing and leaving X at +0, keep them on their toes (literally)...
I'm doing an X study right now, just thought I should post this stuff so far... And aK is my go to move with X, I love that attack...

random post, and am WAAAY too lazy to look through the pages, but
i saw this last night, and its SOOOOOO nice to make some distance.
3B and catch them with 6B. it launches them like a hilde hit if they dont control
out of it, but not many control out of that move. you need to buffer the
6B to be sure to catch, but nonetheless, it creates distance, just enough
to pull an A+K variant, or even a 66B+K (:

Back