Xianghua Q and A

tiggerkiddo

[09] Warrior
General questions for Xianghua can go here. I figure it's easier than us making a bunch of threads.

Q: What's the max damage for 66B+K?
A: Damage is based on how close X is to the character.

Q: What are the best options as a punisher?
(I'm just posting the response from Serge2HOT4U)

A: The awesome thing about AA is it's pretty much the second fastest move in the game (at 11 frames, its only bested by Taki's really short range 10 frame AA). For an attack that fast, X gets a decent bit of distance, and you can use that to start punishing stuff that many other characters simply cannot. AA also puts you at advantage AND you have the option to go into SXS so experiment with that when you have no other punishment options available.

the other moves i use to punish (in speed order) are 4K (combo into 3B), 66K, 3B. 4k is a great punisher but its range is limited.

Dont forget about lows - a lot are unsafe in this game so start taking advantage of that with some WSK, FC3B

That's it for now.

Hi Guys
After you do the A+G Crouch throw, you end lying on the floor
What is the input to get up and do the B+K back kick?

Thanks

Q: What are the best options as a punisher?
(I'm just posting the response from Serge2HOT4U)

A: The awesome thing about AA is it's pretty much the second fastest move in the game (at 11 frames, its only bested by Taki's really short range 10 frame AA). For an attack that fast, X gets a decent bit of distance, and you can use that to start punishing stuff that many other characters simply cannot. AA also puts you at advantage AND you have the option to go into SXS so experiment with that when you have no other punishment options available.

the other moves i use to punish (in speed order) are 4K (combo into 3B), 66K, 3B. 4k is a great punisher but its range is limited.
QUOTE]

This is very old and also incorrect info. AA leaves X at -2 on hit and ch hit. Just A is -1 on hit and +1 on Ch. Its also bested by Yoshi's iMCF at 9 frames, Amy's 6AA as more range and can be done from crouching and gives + on hit.

I think her best punisher is 4k imo not only becus of the follow up, but becus if they Tech roll you can crouch grab them, it also rings out and starts up X's nasty wall game.

Hi, i'm new in this forum! ( in SCIV too ^^U)

I'm starting with Xianghua, and I have a few questions...

If I know after a 3A my opponent will do guard to block the 3A,K, what's the best punish in this moment? I use that attack a lot because is a quick low.

When I enter in SXS stance, most times I get punished. Is there any form to enter in SXS "safely"? And after that...a good combo in SXS?

Thanks a lot.

If I know after a 3A my opponent will do guard to block the 3A,K, what's the best punish in this moment? I use that attack a lot because is a quick low.

When I enter in SXS stance, most times I get punished. Is there any form to enter in SXS "safely"? And after that...a good combo in SXS?

Thanks a lot.

Actually 3A is very slow and the follow up can be ducked and punished on reaction, its really good on Ch hit though becus then the high cant be ducked. My favorite SXS transitions are 3B, 33B, and AA (this only works on opponents that fear AAB string. The trick to not getting punished while entering SXS is to make sure the move you use to enter sxs Hits and isnt blocked becus then your at a huge disadvantage and totally open.

Thanks a lot.
i use 3A,K quite often myself but if they start to block the K then i tend to stop after 3A "which leaves you in crouch" and use while rising AB. it hits low then high and you can finish the move with a high, low, or just SXS it.
as far as SXS goes i didn't find it useful at all till i started throwing out of it. once they fear your throws then it opens the stance up and allows you to land the other moves out of SXS. remember once SXS is in the blue state "can't remember the name" and you land A or K, then you get a free crouch grab or other mix ups of your choice.
also remember that once you've won a round to bump up your SXS to blue state by taunting out of it. so you'll have your throws ready for the next round. hope this helps, if any other ? i'll be glad to help out.
Actuallvery slow and the follow up can be ducked and punished on reaction, its really good on Ch hit though becus then the high cant be ducked. My favorite SXS transitions are 3B, 33B, and AA (this only works on opponents that fear AAB string. The trick to not getting punished while entering SXS is to make sure the move you use to enter sxs Hits and isnt blocked becus then your at a huge disadvantage and totally open.

i've found that 3A,K is a very useful move. its low, stops sidestep nicely, and advances you forward getting you in their face, and thats where i like to be with X lol. there are lots of options with this move and its a staple of my arsenal.

3A is negative 4 on hit, -18 on block and has a high follow up. 3A,K is nothing more than a parlor trick outside of counter hit. Some characters and take off 30% of X's health or more for you attempting this move. I for one only use this move on bad players. Or player that block the 2nd hit (-2) instead of ducking and punishing it.

Thanks a lot! I'm starting to understand some factors about the attacks and I have another little question:

The best way to follow a low grab (2B+G in this case) is B+K 6A+B 33K,A? I found that finish this combo with 1B,B is easier than 33K,A and they do the same damage (aprox.)

3a is a good move. you're looking way too far in to frames and numbers, alex.

since it is negative on regular hit, no it would not be a good move to use on a regular basis, as if anyone sees it coming, you will likely be punished for it. it has weak damage, but put some strategy and discretion behind it, and you can increase X's range game, because like daveyspadez said, it's good for steppers.

so if you use it against somebody like a talim or taki who uses 8wr alot and hit, they will 99% of the time not be able to react fast enough to retalitate (-4 on hit, what can you use besides their quickest attacks?), and on top of that, at a certain range, they cannot reach her anyway.

BUT, you MUST hit. 3A on block should not even be considered as an option (hence, discretion). I try not to use 3AK unless I want to duck highs to make sure its going to counter hit, making it a mildly rewarding gamble

longer reach characters may require more caution, but if you mix up A, 4K and 6A (for short range interruptions and tic attacks) with 3A and 11_77 A+K for longer range attacks (but make sure you hit and don't get predictable with these two!), you can stop a steppers game, or at least force them to use caution! You don't have to rely on ONLY short range attacks for steppers (which will destroy your offensive game if you whiff)

I know it works because I use it all the time, and even against you too alex, I dunno if you noticed or not.
as far as SXS, if anybody plays against me, they will see that I use her SXS stance ALOT. You see alot of X videos of players who almost NEVER use her stance, unless its in blue state, which to me, is like alot of wasted potential. It shouldn't be her main offensive strategy (since it can be punished), but it will greatly increase her mix up game to a strategic player, even in non-blue state.

for example, 6B+K (I think that's the move. the one where she swipes her sword point-down in a two-hit circle). I use this move alot on neutral and even sometimes in negative (I dunno the frames, so I don't know how safe that is. I'm a daredevil, lol). I think its safe, as long as you don't whiff, does decent damage, is a mid (great for throw-duckers) and is quick imo. a very good up-close move. but use it enough times, and people will begin to look for it and block. but mixing it up with other moves as well as going into 6[B+K] into stance will add tons to mix up game. an unsuspecting opponent will eat K out of SXS regular, and a strategy like this will lead to a free throw out of SXS blue.

but that is just one example. Xianghua has, I dunno, LITERALLY like 15-20 moves that go into SXS. A[A], a[K], 2[B+K], crouching 3B, [A+K], the list goes on and on...! imagine you have a strategy like the one above for EVERY ONE of her ~to SXS moves. You can potentially have a mix up game for pretty much ANY situation, and THATS ON TOP of her already relatively solid (if a bit limited) regular game

i dunno why people sleep on her SXS moves, w/out it, X is just nearly boring. Go play cervantes or something instead.

Wow, SXS is awesome if you use it well o_o I have to train it. When I use SXS and get blue, I usually use K, followed by a low grab.
Ey, by the way, what's the "timming" to use 2B+G B+K as a JF?

The only thing you can really do is practice it in training mode by hitting B+K AS SOON AS her toe starts to touch the ground. That's as good as I can explain it. Do it for like 50 (yes, at least 50) times per training session. After about a week, you should be able to memorize the timing and maybe (if you're baaaaad like that) even do it with your eyes closed! just listen for the *DING* sound

after that you should be able to pull it off alot better in battle and online as well

i dunno why people sleep on her SXS moves, w/out it, X is just nearly boring. Go play cervantes or something instead.

While I agree that SXS is what makes Xianghua interesting and dynamic to play, you have to be really careful when using it against spammers online. SXS is a big part of X's mixup and mindgame. Mindgames don't work against spammers because only focused on attacking, they're not paying much attention to what you're doing.

I use SXS quite a bit in my offline game, but have to play differently online. If I play the same way online as I do offline, I get stomped.

So, while SXS is important, it's only useful if you're playing against someone who presses the guard button. Mileage may vary while online. Then again, most people don't use SXS simply because they're noobs and SXS is part of X's advanced game.

It shouldn't be her main offensive strategy (since it can be punished), but it will greatly increase her mix up game to a strategic player, even in non-blue state.

I already addressed that. yes its dangerous to use against spammers, but thats online AND offline. it doesn't make a difference either one, especially with SXS. The strategy behind using it is the same, the only difference between on/offline is the latency makes timing a bit harder to deal with, which doesn't really matter when it comes to SXS moves (since the input is easy to pull off, unlike JF's)

All that other stuff should not prevent someone from using SXS because its not useful in every single situation. That's only limiting your useful moveset, as well as yourself as an X player.

SXS is a great mixup on or offline. X can go into this from jus about any of her moves. I've found that the SXS throw really catches alot of players. Once they fear the throw, then its time to use the other SXS goodies.

yea i felt pretty stupid asking as i was sure theres only one, but after learning her for 2 weeks i noticed her drop into what looks like a different stance , only seen it twice. maybe sc's startin to warp my mind lol. ive been through her movelist many times and not seen what im refering to, does she have any 'secret' moves that arent on her m' list?

lol i just realized im talking about her crouch without gaurd, all other chars crouches look like crouches, but x's looks kinda like another stance. ok bad excuse im just an idiot, think ill just go sit in the corner lol sorry

Back