Xianghua's Uncertain Future

Muahahaha yes it's all goin according to plan, to stain people who are fans of X with the text of others! Lol, damn I hate X and her 1,000 TC's.

Lol, But seriously though, I would read that, the storylines in Soul Calibur are what got me sucked into the game in the first place. And yea, they did start becoming one line wonders past SCII and made me lose interest, and just left me in a blur of questions.

Grrr this is the X forum... Maxi questions now? Just kidding!

Maxi will never give that up, because the writers couldn't be bothered to develop anyone's story post SCII. He continues to pursue Astaroth at the expense of his own life but there's no real (objective) drive any more. Most characters have very deep stories in SE and SC but developments in II, III and IV can be passed off in one line usually. This time Maxi is somewhat manipulated by Tira into hunting down Soul Edge and Astaroth yet again, but there's no clear indication how or why.

I am thinking of writing out the whole SC story up to the present, or at least up to the end of SC I, if anyone's interested, but it will be pages and pages and pages - think Great Wall of text.

Do it. Pocky Yoshi voraciously needs to know the cast of the soul series.

No jokes. Kilik is a bad MF. He has killed a lot of people. But it was because of the "Evil Seed" (ooooh the horror, the horror) which drove many martially skilled people nuts. But X doesn't know she even had a sister, so what she doesn't know...

maybe that could be a twist in her storyline. finding out about xianglan, and like rebeling against kilik, turning her to soul edge..... possibly. although that would royally suck, since X is the true wielder of Calibur TT.TT

This time Maxi is somewhat manipulated by Tira into hunting down Soul Edge and Astaroth yet again, but there's no clear indication how or why..

Its because Maxi is getting weaker, the shards used to heal him from SC2 are finally wearing off. He goes after Soul Edge(convinced by Tira to do so, plus he knows where ever soul edge is, you'll find power hungry Astaroth) so he can have the power to finally kill Astaroth, again.

As much as I love Xianghua, it would be difficult seeing her as a "playful", middle-aged woman still fighting. xD
Perhaps we could see another character similar to her. I saw old concepts of Xianghua with her trademark Chinese sword...and a fan. Hmmm....
What if...the new character reminiscent of Xianghua used a Chinese sword AND a fan as weapons? :D
The fan could possibly be used for slices and partly for blocking attacks.

Well yes, Kilik killed Xianglian(Xianghua's older sister she knew nothing about). But it was self-defense/he had no choice. Why? The evil seed in SC1 drove all monks crazy...including Kilik. Xianglian was wearing that sacred artifact around her neck and was unharmed(The necklace Kilik wears in SC4). However, she watched Kilik who was like a little brother to her go nuts. So she made a noble decision and let him wear it. In return, she went crazy due to the evil seed and let Kilik survive. So if Kilik tells this to Xianghua, she will more than likely forgive him. Only because she loves Kilik enough to disappear with him(As shown in SC4's ending). Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong on the summary =p
wonder how maxi felt with them just ditching him i wouldve been mad!

wonder how maxi felt with them just ditching him i wouldve been mad!
They didn't ditch him, Maxi was presumed dead after a fight to the death with Astaroth (which they both somehow sort of survived). Maxi was wounded but some village folk took care of him, and he bummed around there for 4 years (!). When he then went hunting for Astaroth, the village medic used a Soul Edge shard in his healing ritual, which returned Maxi his strength but had a less desirable effect on his memory.

When he finally remembered Kilik, they couldn't hang out because Kilik's Dvapara-Yuga fragment conflicted with the Soul Edge shard (like Superman and kryptonite I guess.)

As much as I love Xianghua, it would be difficult seeing her as a "playful", middle-aged woman still fighting. xD
Perhaps we could see another character similar to her. I saw old concepts of Xianghua with her trademark Chinese sword...and a fan. Hmmm....
What if...the new character reminiscent of Xianghua used a Chinese sword AND a fan as weapons? :D
The fan could possibly be used for slices and partly for blocking attacks.

YES YES YES!!!!
i remember those concepts i think. have an old one on my computer.
That fighting style would be actually quite awesome. Timing-wise, a daughter
would be about the age xianghua was when soul edge came out, by the end of
the time skip. hmmmm.........

I’m hoping that a Xianghua / Kilik daughter with X’s style is present in SC V. If they are indeed making a “new generation,” a Kilik x Xianghua pairing is one of the most obvious ways to do that, second only to Bangoooooooo! for opportunity value (discounting the Greek siblings, which we already have confirmed).

Back