Xiba Non-Gameplay Discussion Thread

When I first saw that tiger skin wrapped around his waist, I thought, "Oh my god! What did he do to Hobbes!? Calvin would be appalled!"

I'm starting to think that he may be a replacement for Kilik and Mina. And maybe get another halberd user with a new storyline.

• Name: Xiba
  • Sex: Male
  • Birthplace: Ming Empire/Grew up on Zhen Hang Mountain
  • Height: 5'5" (164 cm)
  • Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
  • Birth Date: April 20th
  • Blood Type: Unknown
  • Weapon: Rod
  • Weapon Name: Three Karmas
  • Discipline: Secrets arts of the Ling-Sheng Su Style Rod & Kong Style Rod
  • Relationships: His master is Kong Xiuqiang. He is travelling with Maxi, Leixia, and Natsu. He is beloved by the villagers who live at the foot of Zhen Hang Mountain.

Xiba Stile is the , Hou Gun Stile(monkey staff), or maybe the Zui Hou Gun(Drunken monkey staff), and that stile it's nothing like seung mina's, look this video

and this

Xiba Stile is the , Hou Gun Stile(monkey staff), or maybe the Zui Hou Gun(Drunken monkey staff), and that stile it's nothing like seung mina's, look this video
He's not a Sueng Mina clone but he has some similarities. He has 3 A+B which both Seung Mina and Kilik have @5:54 and then directly after he does Kilik's 66K and the follow up where he hops over and pokes Mitsu is Seung Mina's 8 B+K.

Although he does seem to retain Kilk's stnce, whch I was wrong about. He will likely have many elements from both character but leaning towards one more than the other. But he is a totally new character so I don't expect him to feel like either one exactly.

Eitther he'll be the only stick user or another stick user will surface but if that happens I'd expect that character to be completely new in terms of style(similar to how Patroklos is not a clone at all).

Although he does seem to retain Kilk's stnce, whch I was wrong about.

well the fact is that in martial arts, the staff is a weapon that have like a standard stance, and the stile(monkey staff, drunken staff, northen staff, south staff, etc) is the one that make variations in the movements of the user, but the staff keep some structured stances, is too diferent from a blade/sword in that you can have a lot of stances, but is not the case of staff.

sorry for my bad english XD
did you guys see that massive horizontal low BE? Kinda reminded me of Ivy WP 1AA

yeah that move is from monkey stile staff, very cool move ;)

Actually, that just looks like a reanimation to 66K extensions. How does this suggest Mina's moveset because of one extension? That's a pretty big assumption.

That's a Kilik move anyway if you mean 3A+B. I don't see any hard proof =/.
Near the end of the video with the custom characters, a Xiba custom does SCIV Kilik 66K and strings it into SCIV Mina pogo. That's all that's Mina specific.

We also see a string followup to SCIV Kilik 66B, a kick.

The way I understand it, in SCs 1-3, Kilik was more of a spacing character, and in SCIV he received tools for close range and lost long range tools, making him more of a mid-range character. I expect Xiba to be another step in that direction, encouraging an aggressive style rather than a passive spacing style of Mina. I hope he encourages the no-blocking insane reverse mixup game like SCIV Kilik.

I'll be testing Xiba at SCR.

Back