Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

bksamq

[08] Mercenary
hey guys, i just got the game early and decided to join this forum to help myself and others:
1. 99/33 K,K,B - MID MID MID
2. 3+B, K, K - MID MID HIGH
3. 6 6+K , B, B , B - HIGH MID MID MID
4. 99/33+A, A - LOW LOW
5. 5 A, A - HIGH HIGH

More to come

66B B~A+B BkA+B+K~1A+B
My notations are probably off, but this is some half meter awesome sauce. I think without the BE its an NC though so its not that amazing... The 1A+B follow up is a tech trap I believe.

Just saying.

The BE is kinda pointless in combos as without the meter you get just as much damage.
The BE is more of a higher damage option when you land CH 6B,K.

The K can be hit checked and delayed, so while you can just spam the string at once, you can choose to delay the K and watch for the CH as well. The downside to this is that CH 6B delayed K causes a mini bounce rather than the stun. So you get much less damage than if you were to spam CH 6B,K and hope it's your birthday.

However the BE version does the same damage whether or not you delay the K (and you can actually just do CH 6B BE. The whole thing comes out.)

I just spent a 3 hours in the lab and here's some things I figured out. I didn't keep track of damage numbers so my apologies:
For fast punishes, 3A and K are what Xiba has to work with.
The most damage I can squeeze from a low is from 11B. you can combo with 2A+B or if you want to spend meter for slightly more damage, 33A.a A+B+K.
The only guaranteed damage I could get after 44b is 3A.b. Depending on spacing, you can follow up with a B. If you get a wall hit, you can follow up with 3B.k.k and sometimes 66B.B.B. If you get another wall hit with 3B.k.k, you can finish with 2 A+B.
3B.K.K is good punish against really unsafe moves or as a follow up from a GI or JG and a good go to move if you get a wall hit.
If you make a good read with the auto GI on B+K or catch someone with the B follow up, the combos listed previously in this thread were the best I can do.
You can link super out of a counter hit 66B.b.b or counter hit A.k from the B+K stance.
I'm finding it really hard to squeeze damage out of this guy. I feel his range isn't as good as the big sword characters and his damage isn't nearly as good. He has lots of lows though, which is nice.

What would you say is his go to move after launching the opponent w/ either CH REM AK or CH 66BBB. I was thinking 3kB but if there are better choices do tell!

Xiba looks more interesting to play that Kilik.

I played Kilik since sc3. I really liked him in that game. At first, I liked him in sc4 and was trying to main him. The problem is, I started seeing too many holes in his game, the kind of flaws that didn't suit my play style.

I am by no means trying to say that sc4 Kilik was bad, on the contrary, in the right hands he was dangerous. The reason I stopped using him was because the way I played him devolved into Asura Dance being abused like crazy. He had a some what big move list, but I found that I wasn't even using even half of what he had. Perhaps I wasn't playing him right, scratch that, I KNOW I wasn't playing him right, because I downright sucked with him. So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm welcoming the new "kilik". So far I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 moves that are copied from Kilik.

3kB is his best option after REM A,K.
After 66BBB, 3kB does 2 more damage than 9K. But 9K has the opportunity to Clean Hit for about 6 more damage than 3kB

Xiba doesn't seem like "new Kilik" to me. He seems almost 10% Kilik and 90% bleh.

Somewhat fun to play, he doesn't really seem adequate for keeping up with other characters and isn't really good at anything in particular. B+K doesn't seem to work on kicks or sweeping lows. I can't keep up against someone like Nightmare with this guy yet.

Why on God's earth they let 7,8,9K be allowed to clean hit I'll never know. 4A keeps with the opponent much better compared to last game's variation. Half the time when they stepped in the previous one, it would whiff about 90 degrees off target, but now the only problem I've had with it is the opponent ducks it, which I find perfectly reasonable. Overall I prefer Xiba's playstyle, but god what I would give to get 4B+K back. Despite all my "range" it feels like I'm too busy getting into people's face with 66A, 6B, and Rem moves.

I also am feeling like I'm getting an exceedingly high number of guard crushes. Is that the same for anybody else, or is it just that nobody around me knows proper defense?

Also, weird little piece of knowledge, but when Kilik is using the rod by happen stance, he still has the 22 or 88AAA string. It's also a much stronger tool because of possible Rem mixup.

Random.... glitch? Undocumented move for Xiba:

Lay down with Xiba (get knocked down in backturn or 1[B+K]) and mash B+K really fast.
You will stand up into the Monkey Tail move.

If you stand up into BT B mash faster.

No, misunderstanding of the game system.

If you're lying facedown on the floor and you hit an input, you get BT moves. Like your BT B+K.

9K is Xiba's followup of choice BECAUSE of Clean hit. Plus it's full of lawls.

Check again. This isn't how I remember it working in SCIV at all.

If it was a misunderstanding on my part you wouldn't have to mash it out.
Hitting B+K while grounded does BT B. Hitting B+K at least 3 times gets BT B+K.

Either it should BT B+K on the first press or it should never BT B+K, right?

No, you get BT B+K on the first hit. If you're getting BT B it's probably a misinput issue. This has been how Grounded Facedown has worked since at LEAST SC2.

Calm down, good sir. Take the 30 seconds to verify. I know how SC2, 3 and 4 worked.

Here is what I did to actually test what you are saying against the game:
360, map RB to B+K. Trainer, Xiba.
1[B+K] to ground.
Press RB. You get BT B. Mash RB. You get BT B.
Switch to TE stick. Mash B+K. You get BT B+K.

Input error? Not on my part. Pretty sure this is somehow plinking and absolutely NOT prior SC behavior.

Edit: you can do this on a pad. RB exactly 3 times does it. It also works for Pyrrha BT B+K.

Hm... Since I don't see a place for tech traps yet, I'll just post this here:

CH 6B,K > 22_88B > BT B+K= 119 DMG (Catches Front, Back and Left rolls)

You can combo into 6B,K using 44K (BE) or REM B, etc. for really high damage, I'm still working on trying to find a tech trap that catches all rolls, so far, no luck.

Supa : I tend to do OTG by charging BT (B+K) a tad bit before releasing. Cause when I first touched the game i was doing 66k(B) as well.. these "little charge time" things usually added a tad bit more damage. Lol.
I've since come to realize doing BT (B+K) off the ground is utter rubbish, but I did test it out one more time when you posted and it did work out for me. So maybe that's what's causing us to see different things. :)

Back