Xiba Video Thread

Whenever you are at one bar of meter, people tend to have an offense that consists mainly of lows and throws in order to avoid Xiba's CE. You can use 44K to evade this approach and punish them for about 100 damage (could be off a little on that number). Another thing is just see where your opponent likes to 2A/2K and TJ over it. 44K can be useful in some wake up situations, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

LS Kilik has some pretty baller 44K setups when he isn't busy mashing out 33AA and 22AAA. I can't remember any off the top of my head but it might be worth mashing out a few matches against him just to see the stuff he uses.

The big problem I see with 44K though is that REM is simply a much better way of punishing baited 2As/2Ks.

Also, just a random fact: If you JG the first hit of 44K BE and try to step to Xiba's right, the 2nd hit will completely destroy that step. Left works fine though.

That is debatable.
Depends on how the TJ frames stack up against REM's GI frames. 44K BE might be worth it for the damage but it's still gambling with 25% meter when you can gamble with REM B and spend your meter after it hits with no guessing involved. Besides, I'd rather whiff an empty REM and have options afterward than whiff a 44K and have no choice but to get launched.

EDIT: One important point in 44K's favor is that getting hit during it simply results in an air hit while getting hit in REM causes a free standing CH.
EDIT 2: EDIT HARDER: Backdash also deals with 2K/2A effectively without having to guess with a linear i31 attack.

Anyway, I'll lab some 44K force block setups later today and post what I can find. -3 moves that break in 9 aren't something to pass up.

All of the points above are very good.

In general they are used in different situations. 44K BE gives you forward ringouts (right side also if you have more meter). Even if you guess wrong and they block 44K BE, it breaks in 5.5 and is only -5 on block. REM B is good too if you want to hit confirm your meter usage.

Depends on the way the person is playing is whether or not I prefer 44K or REM (done by seeing how often they Low/Throw vs Horizontals/Movement)

Edit: The TJ is slower than the aGI
EDIT HARDER: 44K keeps you up close on block while REM B on block pushes back further

I need some advice on how to handle Siegfried. I have a video and I want a critique on my performance. I'm still trying to figure out how to use Xiba efficently. So far though, I'm really loving him <3

0:17 that 4A jank is trash. Slap him when he enters SRSH. If that doesn't work, that hilt strike is like -21.

0:24 Sidestep 22B into Dickening works well against SCH options that don't involve realignment. However, Sieg can realign B you into the ground.

1:06 Erm, backgrab?

1:26 3A is -14. Punish with 2A or whatever you have that's i14.

2:15 You're at -10 after that. Try to JG it, but if you can't, don't move after. You MIGHT be able to sidestep a second 3B, but not sure.

2:27 I'm sorry, but this guy is awful. SSH BBB from fucking that far away? Quickstep once or twice, run up, beat the shit out of him.

Overall - Honestly, I have far more issues with how he played than how you played. I didn't see one agA out of him. Against Sieg players like that, wait for them to throw out something unsafe and jam your staff so far up his ass it gets caught in his hair.

If you want to learn how to play against Sieg, I'll play you.

DarkMoonFantasy, this post in the Sieg SA might help you vs Chief Hold

Xiba can beat any of the SCH options with 88B, 4A and his CE. At tip range SCH K BE gets beaten by Xiba's 88B and anything else whiffs. At tip range SCH K BE gets beaten by the CE, but SCH A beats the CE and anything else whiffs.
To avoid 88B just press 2B+K, let Xiba whiff, then immediately realign and attack. To avoid getting hit by 4A you could either stance cancel and guard, or realign and use only SCH K, or immediately enter SBH to activate the aGI. To avoid Xiba's CE simply do 2_8B+K, realign and attack, or stance cancel and guard.

Here is a video against a natsu during our online tournament.
I really don't know her, so I'll be happy to get some advices for this match up. Punishment I missed, tech traps I took etc..

Unfortunately I don't have much natsu experience, I just know a few anti-natsu stuff like back stepping the hover mix up and never tech. However, I notice that in the beginning of your set (which changed a lot in the last couple of games), the Natsu player's main goal was to take a life lead and run away. I would consider taking a life lead of your own and running away to stop her from whiff punishing. I could be wrong but I think her long range tools are linear so keep that in mind when you feel like zoning. Other than that you didn't seem like you were struggling in that match.

I know the Natsu player didn't really do this, but if she does 8K you can aGI it. It's pretty funny if they like that move a lot. GGs Martimouff. Thanks for sharing!

66K can be dangerous because it's unsafe! yeah yeah I know some natsu punishment haha.
But I think natsu mistake was to want to take the lead and run away. Natsu is a character done to put pressure on the opponent, if you don't do it against Xiba, it is, in my opinion, risky and not profitable.

Back