Xiba wishlist thread

Paranormal_Oreo

[12] Conqueror
Yeah a patch probably isn't going to come out but whatevs.

I want:
6A, K BE to not whiff on certain characters.
REM B to not whiff on certain characters.
1K to be + on hit.
OTG A+B to be better. Its steppable on reaction, jumpable on reaction, JGable on reaction, and is absolutely garbage on whiff.
REM A to not be steppable.
FC 2A to be i12.
K to have more range.
WR K BE/WR K:BE to not whiff near a wall/edge.
A, A, K to w! better.

The only thing I want is REM AK to combo on normal hit. However, as an additional move I would like Remembrance ~ Sidestep for the next game. Maybe another aGI stance.

Edit: I forgot fix all whiffing issues is my main concern

I want 66BBB to not be step-able, but only JG-able.

I want REM K to be safe. This way REM might actually be a worthwhile mixup in terms of risk/reward

I want Xiba to get Kiliks 22AAA

I want 22B to have a little more range

I want 66A to be a few frames faster

I can't think of anything else. Perhaps these changes would make him OP, but who knows?

I was Asura dance.

Also think Asura Dance would be good.

Something similar or exactly like Asura Dance would be awesome.

I'd also like Asura Dance to have a BE version of itself.

I was a grab out of REM and i want that grab to be FotD

I was Asura dance.

Also think Asura Dance would be good.

Something similar or exactly like Asura Dance would be awesome.

I'd also like Asura Dance to have a BE version of itself.

I was a grab out of REM and i want that grab to be FotD

You sound drunk, and not because you said you were Asura, but because you meant you want Asura in this game!

Hoping they have at least one patch left in them but who knows...

I've noticed more and more how many whiffing issues Xiba seems to have. I wouldn't mind so much if the verts randomly whiffed but the amount of times I've had horizontals go straight through side stepping opponents is just inane.

Second, I wish they would either decrease pushback on 2A or increase Xiba's general grab range. Not being able to apply any real mixup on a 2A hit makes me a sad panda :|.

Other than those two things and maybe a few adjustments to REM, I think the character is fine as is.

Dear project soul,

Please make it so Xiba doesn't suck. Thank you that is all.

(seriously though, dis nigga need buffs)

"bad" is a relative term. Sure, he's "viable", but compared to the majority of the cast he's pretty weak sauce IMO.
No he is not. He has a lot of things going for him that are good. Even when comparing him to other characters he is pretty strong, just not the strongest.

No he is not. He has a lot of things going for him that are good. Even when comparing him to other characters he is pretty strong, just not the strongest.
Originally this post was HUGE with dozens of specific examples of why I think he's weak. Then I realized how long it was and then knew that no one would read it anyway, so I'm just gonna get right to the point:

In general, Xiba is slow, risk/reward not that great, and other characters that are as slow as him have more range or much higher damage in general. Most of his damage seems to rely in good CH reads and lucky guesses. His lows are not impressive. His punishers are laughable.

Guard pressure? From what? REM B? I almost never break someone's guard when I use him. I feel like I have to turtle to death because of how freakin' slow he is. It's actually the opposite for me, I have to fight tooth and nail not to get MY guard crushed because of how locked down I feel when playing him.

And this last one is purely subjective taste:

His move list completely lacks variety. His move list is short, and what's worse, I only use a fraction of what's there. It's kinda hard for me to apply mindgames with him because it's the same shit over and over. I understand why SC5 has shorter move lists, but his is TOO short. He just has too much crap.

Of course, I don't pretend to have some kind of credentials, so take this with a grain of salt.

In general, Xiba is slow, risk/reward not that great, and other characters that are as slow as him have more range or much higher damage in general. .

First of all, Xiba is not a character that is built around close range balls deep high risk/high reward fun times. When Xiba is in his preferred range (MU dependent obviously) the risk/reward is actually extremely skewed in HIS favor. Xiba's backstep with his 3BKK (which is an amazing whiff punish) makes approaching difficult. Hell, his core mix up is movement to avoid verticals and Remembrance to GI ALL HORIZONTALS, not just weapons, every single stepping catching move in the game. A successful read here nets at least 1/4 life. He doesn't NEED to be fast given his build yet he has an i14 stepping catching mid that counter combos and resets into Xiba's preferred spacing. He has quick moves for the spacing he is meant to be played at. An amazing mid step catcher in the form of 6A is much quicker and reliable than someone like Nightmare's 3AA or even Asta's 44A. His ability to move freely and strike fear into people's use of horizontals gives more than enough damage given the read. Granted, he doesn't get retard damage from something like Algol's 44B but he has no problem at all with damage.

His lows are not impressive.

But that's wrong. 1/3A+B give great damage and frame advantage if the person even guesses right, so you're still in a great position. 33AA variants are amazing at roll punishment and give great rewards on counter hit. His string oriented lows such as 44AA and 4KB are also great because you have to hard counter it with a jump attack or JG, and if you misread and jump attack the string early, you die because he outplayed you.

damn-I-suck said:
His punishers are laughable.

This is a fair point for moves that are -15 or safer. However, WR KK is a highly damaging crouch punish and 3kB fills in the i16 punish while standing. The latter gives great oki and decent damage. -19 or worse = RIP opponent.

Guard pressure? From what? REM B? I almost never break someone's guard when I use him. I feel like I have to turtle to death because of how freakin' slow he is. It's actually the opposite for me, I have to fight tooth and nail not to get MY guard crushed because of how locked down I feel when playing him.

Fair to say he does not excel in breaking guard. That's not his point though. Close range situations with him should involve putting yourself in slightly disadvantageous positions that you can easily snuff. IE, you use naked 3A and they love to 2A for the quick interrupt. You nail their ass with a REM. Instances where all you need to worry about is should you move, or should you remembrance. You make your read and they have to work back in again.

His string oriented lows such as 44AA and 4KB are also great because you have to hard counter it with a jump attack or JG, and if you misread and jump attack the string early, you die because he outplayed you.
Funny thing is you can't avoid blocking the low if you block the high, you are forced to low block or take the hit. I would also like to remind everybody of kB, a safe frame advantage low that hurts the guard gauge.

EDIT: also kB will catch people who want to be clever and TJ the low

he has an i14 stepping catching mid.
At point blank range. If I'm out of 3Ab range, I'm usually doing AAK or 6A. People don't usually step at point blank range.

1/3A+B give great damage and frame advantage

Again, too slow. Either it's blocked or jumped.

33AA variants are amazing at roll punishment and give great rewards on counter hit.

even on CH, I can never get the whole string to land, and then I get punished. 33AA ONLY works OTG and there is never a situation where it's a combo, maybe with the exception of a wall, but I'm pretty sure his good wall combos don't involve that move anyway.

His string oriented lows such as 44AA and 4KB are also great because you have to hard counter it with a jump attack or JG.

The fact that you CAN counter these moves with a jump move alone puts a major hole in both of them.

This is a fair point for moves that are -15 or safer. However, WR KK is a highly damaging crouch punish.

This IMO is one of his only saving graces. That and 3K:B

you use naked 3A .

If I'm that close, and I know my opponent is not going to try to interrupt me, I'll go for a classic 50/50 grab.

Since this post so far has all been negative, I figure I would be fair for me to talk about what I like about him.

3BKK. Don't think I have to justify why I like this move :)

4B. Super long range, hard hitting tech crouching mid? Yes please!

22AB. Long range step killer that leads to decent damage. B is unsafe, but can easily just go for REM if first A is blocked.

6B and 6A variations. these just seem like common sense moves.

AAK. I just like the damage, and RO's, AND the fact that it's hit confirmable (but then again, almost everything he has is).

44B. I just like it, period.

I didn't want people to think i was being completely one-sided. Xiba has great stuff, no doubt, but i don't feel like he has "enough" strong points.

My hats off to the people who use stick with him though. I had to eventually give him up entirely because I just can't make him work for me anymore.

I do miss the classic Kilik style...

An i24 low is sure as hell not going to be JUMPED on reaction, even then, this is a tougher low to see even based on the frames. As for 33AA...it catches rolls, and all hits are guaranteed on CH, so i don't understand the issues you are having with this move. The rest of your points I feel can be summed up by, who are you playing against? How can you make assumptions like "people don't do this" as a hindrance to Xiba's game?

Here is a scenario of 44AA destroying someone.

Maxi: Oh wow he is doing this move, let me 8B in anticipation to hit him.
Xiba: Time to cut this string short and 22B
Maxi: Holy shit he stepped my attack and now I'm dying.

Even then.

Pyrrha: That's a 44AA! Time to jump kick!
Xiba: 44A into I'm angry now.
Pyrrha: "Dead"

Back