Yoda Video Thread

Can't you combo off of 6A+K with 1B?

/edit/ Does the full 236B thing combo off of BT B+K?

Yeah, 6A+K 1B is a combo, but 6A+K 3B is a bit better since it does a tiny bit more damage. But I always forget to do it -_- .. Thanks for reminding me.

And yeah the 236B string is guaranteed after BT B+K. If you have trouble with timing the B's in the 236B string then you can just do BT B+K 3B, into your 3B combo of choice for more consistant damage.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I wish there were videos of you against people who actually knew how to fight Yoda. Nevertheless, the matches were entertaining, especially the last one against Apprentice XD.

Congratz OOFMATIC for keeping your word. You said you'd pick Yoda against Algol and you did it. And you won on top of that.

Although I could use some ideas for my next fight against Algol, it seems like the one you fought kinda knew the theory as to how fight Yoda with Algol but never actually did it before...

Actually, Jeff has fought my Yoda with Algol plenty of times, but he still has trouble once Yoda gets in up close. I'm just gonna have to fight him more often until he gets really used to that matchup, so that we can give you guys some more intense Yoda vs Algol videos.

Ah I see. He does get too spammy with the bubbles, even when you're within range to interrupt him in between, and I saw that as inexperience. I also think he should try working on the soul gauge more.

/2 cents

Its a bit strange that he keept on throwing out bubbles all the time, even when he got extreme obvious Airhits, he didnt even try to go for a aB or 11A on wakeup or anything else. Spacing with bubbles is cool, but sometimes it was so predictable, that the onyl thing you had to do is wait and RO him....

Why didnt he use any 2As to gain some momentum when you got close range battle? After a 2A he could backdash or whatever, i mean its not like he could bubble you to deatg, so even if the bubble spacing is extreme efficient, it looked like it was his only tactic.

I really dont know shit about Yoda, but this made me go into training.

It seems like the 11A Combo works perfect on Yoda...1B hits, 2A,aB Slide, BB....not much but i would try to time some 6A+B bubbles with a long range 11A etc....maybe he could use 4BA+B just to gain some space, i know it does not hit Yoda, but if Yoda blocks it gives really nice space and momentum, you cant 6B+K to get in closerange with Yoda, since there is enough time to go for a BB or whatever.

Just some aspects after a few minutes of training against him.

I have another video against a different Hilde player, I'll probably have it uploaded tomorrow. Any advice for Amy, or is this a rape matchup?

/edit/

I have another video against a different Hilde player, I'll probably have it uploaded tomorrow. Any advice for Amy, or is this a rape matchup?

/edit/

Yoda vs Amy isn't really a rape matchup, you just have to work for it.

Also a few things i saw when i watched is too much A+K and 6B, i mean it was working don't get me wrong but if he was smart he could have stayed in TC and crouch positions to avoid the 6B, and also A+K is unsafe on block he could have punished you alot for it.

Blocking, oh dear, Yoda + Blocking = Bad, try to work on your GI timing AKA reflexes if you can get that just use 3G and you will be good since Highs miss yoda and you just need to GI the mid/low. if wolkrone would have focused on your soul gauge, he would have had you with amy and hilde.

Rolling as well, you just focused on 6A+K majority of the time, it's unsafe on block, it's not good to just whore on wakeup like you did. but yea Rolling into mixups will confuse alot of people and you will be able to better mixup your throws(which were broken quite a bit).

Force Cancels can't be whored in strings either, they aren't that great altho they had mixup. Play it kinda simple without too many cancels, they can be interrupted easily that's one of the couple problems with them.
but i mean how they can used isn't too bad you can condition people with them, and use False cancels to scare some people that look for the green flash.

BT setups will help you quite a bit if you play it right, Yoda's BT B+K is good excluding range but it's still good, Holds GB properties leaving you at advantage/safe and get a good stun in there that can be worked with aswell, so just keep that in mind.

But yea just some tips from watching your vids, keep up the Yoda love.

Thanks for the advice, that was my first time using him in a tourney. I thought 6A+K is -4? I used him in another tourney today, against someone who used Raphael and Siegfried. He worked great against Raphael, but Siegfried was really a major challenge. I beat Raphael with little effort, and I beat Siegfried in one match, and he beat me in the other. Yoda vs Raphael is probably 7:3 in favor of Yoda, and Yoda vs Siegfried is probably about 3:7 in favor of Siegfried. I'm not sure if anyone got any of the Yoda stuff on camera, though.

Siegfried can work yoda pretty bad when Yoda loses pressure so you have to keep close and in his face.
Rapheal is a pretty good matchup for Yoda, not to much of a problem Raph is really restricted vs Yoda

I think someone should double check this just in case. I mean, if it's true, then it's really good news for Yoda; I just have a hard time believing it, and I can't access the game to test this out myself.

Even if it is, you can't really do anything after i mean even his AA/BB at minimum is 18 frames, so why would you continue at disadvantage with an Attack with 18 frames?
And block to get Soul fucked?

At -4 you should have more than enough time to either GI or jump lows and whatnot with A+K or something. Another thing to consider is that the opponent will be crouching when they guard it, so it'll be easier to predict their attacks. And, although it is pretty easy to block on reaction, -4 on block for this move is still pretty absurd to me, considering it's a low attack (lows in this game tend to be -15 or more) and that this move a lot safer on block than half of his highs and mids. With that said, this is technically still speculation as far as I see.

At -4 you should have more than enough time to either GI or jump lows and whatnot with A+K or something. Another thing to consider is that the opponent will be crouching when they guard it, so it'll be easier to predict their attacks. And, although it is pretty easy to block on reaction, -4 on block for this move is still pretty absurd to me, considering it's a low attack (lows in this game tend to be -15 or more) and that this move a lot safer on block than half of his highs and mids. With that said, this is technically still speculation as far as I see.

My point entirely was that it's not -4 on block, and even if it was yoda can't do much with the safe state.

Soupy: Now you know I did Yoda's data. If I made a mistake you can fix it after testing. I tested again and it's not -4. It's -3. After blocking it Zas WS B (i19) trades with Yoda 2A (i16). Absurd indeed micro lol.

Soupy: Now you know I did Yoda's data. If I made a mistake you can fix it after testing. I tested again and it's not -4. It's -3. After blocking it Zas WS B (i19) trades with Yoda 2A (i16). Absurd indeed micro lol.

Oh damn, my fault, GJ Miko

Used Yoda once in a recent tournament.. I almost won a match but I accidentally jumped out of the ring after needing just 1 more hit lol..

Used Yoda once in a recent tournament.. I almost won a match but I accidentally jumped out of the ring after needing just 1 more hit lol..

During the first battle, you hit him with 6B near the edge, causing him to tumble in place. You probably could have comboed him further, possibly off the edge. Also, I think you might be able to further combo off of the A+B B+K combo with 1B after the stun at the end, not really sure though. It looks like you tried to combo with 3B, but I don't think it connected, I'm not sure if that's a combo, been a while since I tested that. I'm pretty sure you can also combo off of 236KKB with 1B, unless the opponent gets a just ukemi.

here is some random vids i got last night from lagcal.
Players suck but oh well they ate everything lol.
Here is the channel

Note some of the JMC setups i used, I will post those up seperately whenever I get time, aswell as update the wiki.

@Mailbox & Oof:
6B (near wall/ edge), 3BB is a combo that rings out, and 6B will combo into its self which is better used at a further range (like when 3B can't connect)... And yes CH A+BB, YRC B+KB, 1B is a combo but 3A is a tech trap leaving you at +4 for an ok mixup between another 3A and a grab... You can also use the CSTN advantage for 236K*236KKB or 22*88B on wakeup for SCD... Very good match though...

Back