Yoshi replaces Yoshi.

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Discussion on the new Yoshimitsu and all that jazz.

Yoshimitsu

"The Manji's clan's second generation leader. He(it?) has directly inherited the skills of the previous leader to protect the weak."

Hometown: Mount Fuji, Japan
Height: 169cm
Weight: 60kg
Date of Birth: Unknown
Blood type: Unknown
Weapons used: × 2 samurai sword
Weapon Name: Yoshimitsu, fū ma-gatana Ryūha-mei (literal)
School name: Manji Ninjitsu
Relationship:
Yoshimitsu I, foster parent
Confidants Ukon and Sakon
Members(Subordinates) of the Manji clan

Credit on this little translate on the info goes to Windstar.

Pics to start. Click on spoiler.

Yoshimitsu.jpg
yoshimitsu_3D-Render.jpg
yoshimitsu_mitsurugi.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo1.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo2.jpg
yoshimitsu1.jpg
yoshimitsu2.jpg
3_2887.jpg
4_2612.jpg

Stage look familiar to any of you Yoshi fans?
cave-ride1.jpg
cave-ride2.jpg

Yeah, but you gotta wonder how does Yoshi make another Yoshi? Who bears the child to have the same old thing each generation to get passed down and transcend history? Oh well, he's a mysterious fellow.

Identity unknown. Always loses one arm for a reason. Etc.

I THINK the story goes something like.....

The TERM Yoshimitsu refers to a leader of a clan (a position or rank), not an actual person. There for whoever is the leader of the Manji clan is technically....Yoshimitsu.

Pretty sure thats what I read. So it really has nothing to do any child bearing. I might be wrong tho....(wouldnt be the first time)

But Im happy yoshi is returning. Im excited for all you yoshi main-ers as well. Im expecting epic yoshi vs maxi fights! Good shit guys!!

HRD

@weshookhands. No. Info of why from wiki.

The reason for this is that the blade is passed down from leader to leader of the Manji Clan and each time it is passed down to the next owner the past leader sacrifices himself, having his skill and power go to the blade. Basically, that's his way of laughing at age since the sword is like the Soul Edge lifeplan. Provides youth, immediate use my blade to acquire skill and sexyness......although Yoshi is still a mystery on looks beneath the mask. It does makes him handy to slap him as great guest character material should he venture into another fighting game however.

"Yoshimitsu I, foster parent"

Foster parent?

With the more Samurai like outfit, I think I may have been right about him being the "brother" of Mitsurugi. O.o

"Yoshimitsu I, foster parent"

Foster parent?

With the more Samurai like outfit, I think I may have been right about him being the "brother" of Mitsurugi. O.o

What blasphemy do thee speak? Pocky Yoshi finds it absurd of thee to assume that. *shows defiant expression*

I love this new design for Yoshimitsu. It's fantastic. Been waiting to see it since the game was first announced.

I can't believe they brought back that old raft stage from the original SoulCalibur either. It brings back so many memories.

Back