Yoshimitsu Soul Calibur 5 Wishlist

Senzait

Steamed Buns!!
Personally I would like to see more viable options off of Ref and Med. Im not a pro Yoshi though, what buffs and nerfs do you think he should get in SC5??

I agree, and would like his stances to be more useful. When I first started playing Yoshi, I loved playing him crazy. Then I found out that basically all of his tricks out of all his stances can be neutralized by a knowledgeable opponent. I.e. the DGF mixup isn't a real mixup, SDGF games don't work on knowledgeable opponents, INT is complete garbage and so is REF. Med is pretty weak also. Flea can be neat as he can step and has access to easy TC and super TJ moves, but still hard to implement in a real game for the most part. I still play Yoshi crazy, but accepting I will never have a high level Yoshi.

I switched to Voldo. He has crazy stances and stuff too, but the difference is that he has real, powerful options in his stances. Obviously BS is a special case since he can block and he has a full move list, but MC and LF and CR all have legitimate mixups and lockdown power. I would like them to change Yoshi to make crazy Yoshi more viable in high level competition. You see top level Voldo's with relatively crazy games (like Manta) but the top level Yoshi's like Hajime and Furzy seem to play it pretty straight (apologies to these two guys if I'm incorrect).

Hajime I didnt realize there was already a wishlist thread, should I erase this one?

No problem :P

I forgot that moving posts doesn't work the same, so I'll have to figure it out before I can do it >_> lol

You know that victory pose where he sits down and claps his feet? Ya, let's remove that in SC5.
Awww. I actually liked it. I thought it was funny and cute(no homo). Makes me think of seals.

I miss all of the old poses Yoshi used to do. Please bring them all back, namco.

Add Super Tech Crouch frames to beginning of INT. Make Int K a mid and make it knock down on hit. Like Mitsu's 6K.

Yoshi definitely needs better BT options IMO.

MED A+B impacts and auto counters verticals. It is not useless
It might not be useless but its not really viable. You definitely wont see it hit in high-level matches. Or any match. I've watched hundreds of Yoshi matches and not once did I ever see it hit. And I might have seen it being attempted maybe once... maybe

It might not be useless but its not really viable. You definitely wont see it hit in high-level matches. Or any match. I've watched hundreds of Yoshi matches and not once did I ever see it hit. And I might have seen it being attempted maybe once... maybe
Your right, it is not viable. I didn't say it was in high level play

You should watch Roudoudouk - he does it for fun ^_^

LoLo did it in several "high level matches" One I saw in tournament another money matching malek or belial i believe?

So you need to watch more matches Senzait! LOL j/k

Something I'd like as a pet move would be 8A+B, 8B+K to cancel his UB into a super dragonfly. You can B+K cancel it into regular dragonfly, but I'd like that second stance option. Then you could mix up with the b unblockable from there, that'd be fun.

Back