Your favorite Metal Bands

Every time I Die, they had a song I like but metal evolved into screamo and then I stopped listening.

opeth, pantera

this ^.

vincent, if prog metal is your thing, then there is really nothing that comes close to opeth and mr. bungle, the originators of prog metal...not to mention mike patton is a fucking god.

my top 5 would be, in order of pure badassery:

1: Slayer

2: Opeth

3: Mr. Bungle
crazy WTF video

4: Pantera

5: Fear Factory

shred on. oh, i also fixed you spelling in the title. :P

mines pretty much the same as lobos except for pantera

I HATE THEM

add Versailles philharmonic quintet in panteras place and we got my faves

Pantera use to live in the apartment right behind me in Arlington, Tx. We use to hang out at the pool and party all day. They had rented a storage building from Colonial Storage that they use to practice out of. Whats fucked up is even though i knew these guys way before they made it big once they did they forgot all about everyone that had supported them. Years later i was at a tittybar and they came in. I went up and although i knew everyone of them on a first name basis they acted like they didnt know me. Money changes you for sure. Since then i haven't really payed to much attention to them anymore.

I'm honestly more a fan of stuff like this:

Finntroll:
Ayreon:
Cannibal Corpse:
Demons & Wizards:

And of course all the oldies/greaties like Pantera, Megadeth, Anthrax and the likes, but those go without saying really.

Oh hell yeah....my kinda thread. Im more of a punk rock guy

In somewhat of a praticular order
311 (not punk rock, but my favorite band)
pennywise
rancid
operation ivy
exploited
the clash
Ramones
Sex Pistols
Green Day (old school stuff is way better, fits cause Im old!!)
Pantera
Billy Idol
Motley Crue
GnR
old school metalica
Megadeath

damn I could go on all fuckin day. Ill throw up some vids later!!

HRD

dave i can't believe you call yourself a punk rock guy and give shoutouts to green day in the same breath. they killed punk rock all by themselves.

your aryan brothers would be ashamed.

Reactions: HRD
in no particular order.......Ammon Ammarth, Inflames (their old stuff), Dark Tranquility, As I Lay Dying, C.O.B. (their old stuff too), Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth (if you haven't heard these guys, check'em out), maybe a little Hatebreed here & there, Metallica & Slayer are good as well.
Slipknot, Killswitch Engage & Static-X are pretty lame IMO. but i'd say my favorite bands come from europe.
kind of ironic how i love metal when i used to only listen to gangster rap lol. i like all types of music though :)

God damn it. I knew yall would do that. Believe it or not, back in the late 80's and early 90's, Greeny Day was an actual punk rock band. Once that Dookie album came out in 94 the went to shit from there. Yall remember 94 right, yall were in about 5th or 6th grade, while I was graduating high school!! You fuckin youngins!!.....lol

That gif is my new desktop pic at work!!

HRD

My favorites of metal are basically, in order:
Mastodon
Pig Destroyer
Dillinger Escape Plan
Opeth
The Mars Volta
In Flames
Gojira
Genghis Tron

But I haven't heard much good metal in a few years. I'm also more of a punk person. My favorite punk, in no order because I love all of these guys with all of my heart:
Bad Religion
Bad Brains
Kid Dynamite
Decendents
The Blood Brothers
Converge
The Ergs!
Grey Matter
Refused

Reactions: HRD
omg dillinger escape plan...

one of the best cover songs ever made, imo, was their collaboration with mike patton(lead singer of mr. bungle/tomahawk/faith no more) who i consider a god among men. together they were able to recreate a straight up techno classic...amazing work, really. compare the two and it is mind blowing that they were able to cover the song with instruments and not voice effects.

here is the original drum and bass version...perhaps the most badass video ever made:

and here is the "all natural" cover done with instruments instead of a computer:

also here is a live(and not nearly as good) version without mike patton. i post it because holy fucking fuck the singer of dillinger is sexy. mmmmm

Back