Youtube videos thread

I especially like how the person who put together this video talks about ripping things off when they can't even come up with their own jokes "series of tubes" and apparently has a voice we'd make fun of so they don't venture to let us hear it.

Anyway, what brings me here is this:

The men in question are all dressed like gangsta's and they attacked a guy from behind. Am I supposed to feel bad for them?

That's completely beside the point and totally irrelevant anyway (there could be any number of motives for the attack, from big bad cop with a power trip to group of 3 drunk, racist goons).

The only facts are that an officer of the law kicked a restrained suspect and will no doubt get away with it because the law is a 2 way street with the somebodies (people with money, friends, or 'pull') in the express lanes and the nobodies (everybody else) stuck in 2-hour traffic, no matter what side they're on.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're white and/or of a middle-class family. Still, ask yourself, if that were you kicking a restrained suspect (even spice it up a bit and make him an off-duty cop), how do you think those cops would have reacted to you? Better yet, how do you think the punitive system in general would have reacted to you?

Then again, of course we're all average Jane and Joe and like absolve ourselves of having any role in anything until it's entirely too late so carry on.

Also:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're white and/or of a middle-class family.
Sorry. Wrong on all counts. Intelligence is not endemic to the well to do you know, and all whites aren't well off. You have some misconceptions of your own to clear up there. For the record though Hispanic, poor and the cops harass us all the time for no good reason (probably because they can get away with whatever bullshit fines they want to stick us with as we can't afford lawyers). I guess you missed the thread I made when the car got towed because the tag supposedly "fell off" even though we had the documentation it was registered. That doesn't mean I think all cops are evil abusers of power.

Still, ask yourself, if that were you kicking a restrained suspect (even spice it up a bit and make him an off-duty cop), how do you think those cops would have reacted to you? Better yet, how do you think the punitive system in general would have reacted to you?

If I were kicking a restrained suspect in front of the cops and was not a cop myself I'd be a moron and I'd deserve whatever I got. I understand his reaction though. If somebody came up and started a fight with me three on one, I'd probably want to kick them when they were down, if I was a cop or not, because I'm still human.

I've had enough interactions with guys dressed like that to know they probably started it and deserve that as well as a spanking from their moms to boot for wanting to be thugs in the first place. Not to say I haven't known good folks that dressed like that but the vast majority have been human garbage. What does it matter how it started though, the altercation was three on one until the other cops arrived, those guys have no honor, why the hell pity them? I have a hypothetical situation for you though, let's talk about the story at hand.

Then again, of course we're all average Jane and Joe and like absolve ourselves of having any role in anything until it's entirely too late so carry on.
I worry more about the actions of corporations than the police. We all need our hobbies.

Sorry. Wrong on all counts. Intelligence is not endemic to the well to do you know, and all whites aren't well off...
I worry more about the actions of corporations than the police. We all need our hobbies.

Easier for me to just reply this way, since I don't know how to quote different parts of a post without copying and pasting a bunch.

1. Who said anything about intelligence? Or about all whites being well off? Also, I somehow doubt our opinion on what poor in the US is anything alike.

2. You saying that of yourself while at the same time condoning the cop's actions seems like a sort of learned helplessness. Could ask you why you would expect to 'deserve what you get' and the cop doesn't but I'm sure you'd rationalize it for yourself.

3. You keep bringing up your own beliefs on who they are and what they could have done. As I said in the former post, we don't know the details of the story so much as the people involved and it doesn't matter. We're talking about an abuse of power. You have civilians taking up arms in the Middle East over things like this and, meanwhile, in the Home of the Brave and all the privilege, you've got people like you saying shit like this is cool.

4. Yep, can guess you haven't been on Wall Street.

Back