Yun-Seong General Discussion

Allright but thats weird, because I saw the 4BK to Crane on a vid which was on practice mode and before the combo started the CPU just stood still so it wasnt set on a recorded attack or as a fighting adversary, you can see it on this site: at 0:28 and further

A lot of those are custom strings not combos.

After a CH CR>B you can combo with a 4B*K and jf :G off of the 3rd kick into a CR>B.

4B*K is the delayed version where he doesn't lift them into the air. If you don't do the delayed version the opponent can Air Control away from you and avoid any followups.

I think you meant 4B*K, Vintoks. ;)

The probability of you landing those strings against a decent opponent is so close to zero I wouldn't even try to use them. Your opponent has to literally be not ACing, guarding, throw breaking, or trying to escape the stuns at all.

so the 4BK to CR is 4B,delayed input K because that is a good way to go into Crane I know 99 percent of those strings are useless but I just wanted to know how that one goes, and I dont know what all the stars and all that stuff means so can someone in normal language explain it, no disrespect btw I just dont understand it

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

:1::K:, :2::K: is low, low
:1::K:, :K: is low, high, (not mid!!)

They both are natural combo only on Counter Hit, but nothing on normal hit.

But if it is not CH, my enemy only have to duck the second, no matter what, and he will punish me... and if i only do :1::K: i lose advantage even on hit, so he will poke me back
:2::B::+::K: is mid and at feels like it might be confused with the first :1::A: for a mixup, but in my experience it is not (don't know why but my frieds always block it).

Is there any uses for this 2 (maybe 3) moves or i should never use them and stick with :1::B: and :2::K:??

Edit:
I've seen that in this video: (second 56, and in 1:30 he does again, this time is more clear) Yung does :1::K:, :K: and Cancel this into a crane Stance... This move was not in the game's movelist.
Anyone can test how is it done? ( :1::K:, :k(G): maybe? ) and is it safe like most Crane transitions or is it not safe like the :(3)::(B): :(9)::(B): transition??

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

Use them as mind games and just mix them up into your gameplan whenever you see fit.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

It's 1KK~G. It isn't safe but you can condition them to hesitate with the canned strings (1KK_1K2K) and then use the cancel into crane mixes.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

1K,2K from the looks of it, will only score you one hit unless you are not playing a skilled player.
And i have no idea what 2B+K looks like.

EDIT: On a side note, the players in that video are really good, cept for the mitsu player (He grabbed way too much)

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

if im facing some1 whos weakness is throws id do it every time i have a chance, and its the yun seong's player mistake on the first match he shouldve known that mitsu's A+G throw would RO him if his back to the edge, maybe lack of experience or knowledge, either way i think mitsu's player was better.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

are you kidding me? All the mistu player did was spam lows and grab how can you call that better?

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

he had better diffence, and he won.
there was no excuse for yun seong player, mitsu is one of the most overplayed characters in SC that fact alone makes the mitsu player better.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

In the wiki movelist http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/Yun-seong_(Soulcalibur_IV)_Frame_Data this move is listed as :4::K::kG:, i think the :4: is a mistake and should be :1:. I don't have the game so i can't test it, but i think i will edit that as soon as i try it out.

The Yung on that video uses a lot of 1K,2K, even when mitsu block the second. The thing that mitsu does after is a WS B (stronger of mitsus wakeups) and that Yung do 44B right after... That idea might be useful, using 1K,2K with the 1K hit and 2K being guarded and expect the opponent to attack and fall in your GI, 44B, or crane counter B

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

Oh yea mikosu has internet again! Alright on topic....

The 1K business is nothing but conditioning fun. There are no real mixups, only mental ones. 1K on its own has no delayed version of the followups so if they react to that you're in trouble. Thus come in K, 2K, and CR. Pretty much everyone will block low after getting hit by 1K so you can have fun after that. It's all about conditioning.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

I'm starting to use 1K,2K and 1KK as a substitute to 2A (or 2K) in a close combat battle.
All those moves are fast, but missing the Tech Crouch, 1Kwhatever has great rewards on CH.

Right now i CH it a lot when i fear a mitsu 2K,B. It seems that my 1K is faster than his 2K.
Tomorrow i will test it more.

1K,2K - 1K,K mixups

I'm starting to use 1K,2K and 1KK as a substitute to 2A (or 2K) in a close combat battle.
All those moves are fast, but missing the Tech Crouch, 1Kwhatever has great rewards on CH.

Right now i CH it a lot when i fear a mitsu 2K,B. It seems that my 1K is faster than his 2K.
Tomorrow i will test it more.

2A to WSK then 66K is a good combo in close quarters. Mix it up with 1k,2k and 1kk.

I don't know if it was changed with the 1.03 patch, but you can air control out of 8KKK if you're hit with 236KK. Also, I have a question. Is anyone else out there having trouble against Kilik? I usually don't have much of a problem against him, except when I use Yun-seong. It's not that I get whacked a lot for spamming the crane stance, but I just seem to have trouble approaching him and pressuring him as Yun.

Edit: I think I have dementia, so ignore that first sentence.

Usefulness of Yun unfinished string baits offline?

quick question- trying to see if what I'm doing is online effective or legitimate.

How easy is it for you guys to respond to unfinished Yun strings such as 6B, then either AA or 1KK (if they GI it's NCC so it works) depending on whether they prefer to evade or GI 6BB? I don't do these unless I get GIed once first, or I suspect a GI strongly. Starting to do that can make 6BB actually work, and I think that is a strong move for its guard damage and staggering.

I also do this with AA and BB, just doing A or B, then something like 44B/throw mixup.
Is this sounds like SC101, it might be, I just don't see too many people doing this outside of the VF players who switched to SC who play it like VF.

I just went online and that was super effective, trying to see how effective it is in reality.

Usefulness of Yun unfinished string baits offline?

Congrats on using 6B the way it was meant to. I'd suggest a mid like BB over AA, since the latter's hits high instead of mid. Also, try 44B against Xiangua and Taki if they block 6B (Or on a neutral hit), since those two can interrupt the second hit with AA. Most of his other strings are at least as unsafe on the first hit as the second. The only thing you should worry about is the sisters, since they can punish most of your options on block.

Edit: If I remember correctly, most of his other strings are very punishable on block, even if you stop at the first hit. You can probably get away with it a few times, but be careful.

Back