Zasalamel General Discussion and Q&A

Overall impressions of the patch notes are really good.

Zas imo was and still is really solid.

66A fix cool hardly never had any issues with it anyway.

66B LH fix cool again just reminds me I should try go for 66B early game more lol

66A+BB adjustment cool, never really mattered anyway still should just be used in combos.

RE BB buff great. RE BB LH actually gives 2 less frames on second RE round than when it wins on first round so it could just be a fix to that. (its actually better to not spend 1 curses when you get RE B LH atm)

CE impact frame being slower and less horizontal tracking is absolutely okay it will still be a fantastic CE even if steppable on reaction. Says more + on block too? I guess that will only matter if will ever get blocked.

In general many of the clear top characters have been hit in some form only making us stronger in those MUs.

Great time to be a Zas main :)

Oh yeah, to summarise the changes.
RE BB and RE BB LH 's new frame advantage:
RE BB TS1: +24
RE BB TS2: +34
RE BB TS3: +44

CE still right now is the same speed as before (i34 and i8 aGI) has much less horizontal tracking (tho if you step to side and hit into his aGI still will realign) and his CE is infact +8 on block now.

Ive also experienced RE second hit to track less and 1B to have random more tracking at times.

(copy+patse from discord) lets optimise our whiff and block punishment. Following a point @DrakeAldan made abit ago curses go from making Zas a solid character to a insane one and taking the opportunity to apply a curse by sacrificing abit of damage just opens more options in the later round.

This list is in order for priortising getting curse applied then next best options if the curse move would be out of range or better for max damage / oki would be after.

Standing:

i12: 6K, AA, KK, 2A
i14: 6K, b:K, bK, AA, KK
i16: 6K, 46BB, K6, 3AB, 46B
i18: 6K, 46BB, K6, 3AB, 8B+K, 46B
i20: 3B(curse combo), 44A+B, 6BB LH
i22: 6B+KA, 66A+BB, 44A+B, 6BB LH

Crouching :

i12: 6K, wrKB
i14: FC 3K, wrKB
i16: FC 3K, 46BB, 46B
i18: FC 3K, 46BB, 46B
i20: FC 3K, 44A+B, 46BB, 6BB LH
i22: 6B+KA, 66A+BB, 44A+B,

Whiff punish:

6B+KA, 6BB LH, 44A+B, 46BB, 46B

(copy+paste from discord) some okizeme for ya! Tested on Kilik, cool note when opponent is feet towards you some moves get added tracking vs rolling.

Vs left roll: 3B, 44A+B, 22B, jumpA,(46:B if only done a single roll)

Vs right roll: 3A(B), 2B, 66A+B

Vs either to cover both: 1A, 1K, 22A, SC A+B

Other options that cover all vs opponent feet towards us: 46:B, 1B, jumpA, 11B, 22B and 8B+K

This is mainly for when opponent otg not immediately after a combo, since rolling isnt immediate most of these will land regardless (straight after 66B air hit ender/BT B+K from a launch ender)

@Zasalamel Updates guard bursting game.

Here is his hardest guard hitting attacks.
50%: RE B
42%: RE A
33%: RE K
20%: 6A+B(B)
19%: (RE)
18%: 4A+B
16%: RE
15%: 3A(B), 44(B), 4B+K, 66A+B,6A+BB
14%: 6BB
12%: CE
10%: 4A,22A, 6A+B,6B+KA, SC A+B, SC 22BB
9%: 3B, 9B, 46B, 66B, 22B, 44B, wrB, A+B,2A+B, 44A+B,6B+K, 2B+K, 66B+K.

^highlights are 3A(B), 4B+K, 6BB, 4A, 22A, 6B+K, 2B+K.

Moves that break guard:

3AK, 6BB, 3B, jumpB, 46B, wrB, 66B, 22B, 44B, 44(B),44K, A+B, 6A+BB, 6A+B(B), 2A+B, 4A+B, 66A+B, 44A+B, 4B+K,66B+K, RE B.

Recommend moves to break and the combo follow up:

6BB, 3AK, 9B, 44(B) break give 44(B) LH - 4B+K - BT B+K for 97 damage.

RE B break go for same combo as above its 70 damage.

wrB break gives a BT BB - delay 2A+B - 66A+B for 95 damage OR BT BB - 46BB TS1 - 2A+B - 66A+B for 112 damage

Other breaks go for 66B+K launch into either max, or oki set up.

Its recommended you dont break with 4A+B, 46B or CE as the combo damage after is scaled badly your best option is 6B+KA - 6K for 30 damage and curse.

Anyone know what the LH conditions are for 66B (Ishtar's Mercy)? They are not listed in the Move List and I am too bad to figure it out.

What are some good ways that you all do to get 44A+B LH? Obviously the move is great but when is someone trying to backstep zas other than avoiding the ring out?

What are some good ways that you all do to get 44A+B LH? Obviously the move is great but when is someone trying to backstep zas other than avoiding the ring out?
Its pretty tough to land since its a i20 move having to catch -14 backstep. Tip range during netrual can more likely catch people and other than that you have set ups you can do it where you are +6 or more and 44A+B then becomes a back step trap.

Also for them trying to escape the edge when in the perfect range I prefer 6BB LH since you can combo 4B+K - BT K for the RRO.

So this character is top5 imo now.

3AK huge buff to now w! and be +10 on hit in the open. Becomes perfect mix up with 1BB TS2 near wall both being able to convert to a RO off a low wall w!. 1BB TS2 - 3AK is possible too no longer needing b:K at most ranges.

Top it off 3A is now -16 ob and -2 oh.
3AK is -8 ob and can only be ducked to punish
6A is -10 and 0 on hit.
6AA cant be stepped now

And ofc CE retains all its OPness but now buffed to bring in opponent on aGI land so no more outta range CE whiffs

Meanwhile other previous patch top characters got substancial nerfs

Hello,
got a question to help me with being more consistent with 46:B
Does the whole move needs to be "fast" or only the timing for the 6:B part is required to trigger the just version of the move?

Hello,
got a question to help me with being more consistent with 46:B
Does the whole move needs to be "fast" or only the timing for the 6:B part is required to trigger the just version of the move?
You just press the 6B immediately after the 4

Range write up, I feel this is key for fundementals, the further away the opponent is the less moves they have access to use on you, ofc you do have to be careful at different ranges vs specific MUs but doing this well is very frustrating for the opponent and more chance they will whiff which is then a free opening for you if your on point.

Somethings to bear in mind if opponent is blocking or not adjusts their hitbox ever so slightly and even the netrual stance of each character is different so dead on pin point accuracy is gonna be difficult to test.

How I think its best to explain ranges is a number next to each one and that number tells us how many backsteps away from the opponent we are. Backstep is inputted with a single 4 input. So range 0 would be point blank with them in your face, range 1 is one backstep away, range 2 is 2 etc.

And you maybe thinking well what about the ranges in between backsteps how will we refer to them?
We will refer to these as 1.5, 2.5 etc. Basically half way inbetween one backstep away and two. (trust me these will matter) how I got Zas to these ranges was using multiple bG cancels to slightly start moving him backwards. There are a few moves where their tip range is even more spesific than this but I dont want the list to get anymore confusing.

Im gonna list of each range that Zas can attack from and this should help give you a idea where abouts you like or think he should be played most or in netrual. Afterwards I will have listed some Zas post block or hit situations with what range we are left at.

--Range 0/0.5 only (point blank/ slight distance)

2A
7/8A
7B
7/8K
FC 3K - 6K combo range
B+KK
2B+K first hit
Throws

-- Range 1 (single Zas backstep)
AA
A6
9A
3B
1B
4B
8B
K6
WrKB
Fc 3K - AA
4A+B

-- range 1.5 (Zas backstep + multiple bG cancels)

6A
3A
1A
B
b:K
2B
WrB
66kB
4B+K
6B+KA - 6K consistent
66B+K
CE
SC activation

-- Range 2 (two Zas backsteps)

6AA/6AB 2nd hits
3A(B) second hit
WrA
44A
9B
66B
46B
44B
22B
6A+BB
2A+B
4B+K first hit
6B+KA - around absolute tip 6K can whiff
44B+K first hit

-- Range 2.5 (Zas two backsteps and bG cancels)

4A
66A
22A
6BB LH range
A+B
66A+B
44A+B
8B+K
RE

--- range 3
SC 22BB second hit

--- range 3.5

SC A+B

--- range 4.5

SC B+KB

--- range 6

44B+K

Some examples of ranges we are left at after Zas situations

44A hit - range 1
44A blocked - range 1.5
4B+K blocked - range 2.5
6K hit - range 1.5
1B hit done from range0 - range1.5
1B hit done from range1 - range2
A+G break - range 1.5
6A+G break - range 1.5
4A+G break - range 2
46B blocked - range 1
46BB blocked - range 2
B+KK blocked - range 1
44(B) blocked - range 2
BT A blocked - range 2.5
BBB blocked - range 2
B:k/3K hit - range 2

Is there a consistent way to get "Talon of Zu" (22/88A) to pop the opponent up into the air? So far I can only recall doing it when K.O.'ing with the first hit; reading up on SCIV seems to indicate it occurred when the second hit was a counter… which I imagine was easier back when the command was 1AB. XÞ

Is there a consistent way to get "Talon of Zu" (22/88A) to pop the opponent up into the air? So far I can only recall doing it when K.O.'ing with the first hit; reading up on SCIV seems to indicate it occurred when the second hit was a counter… which I imagine was easier back when the command was 1AB. XÞ
The only way it works now is off a ukemi trap and the only real half decent one it works with is after ground stun 2A+B

I love his Soul Charge game. One of the best ones in the game easily.

He's Top 5 right now in 2.31 and that semi throw blender he has is just great.

Back