Zasalamel General Discussion and Q&A

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
Overall impressions of the patch notes are really good.

Zas imo was and still is really solid.

66A fix cool hardly never had any issues with it anyway.

66B LH fix cool again just reminds me I should try go for 66B early game more lol

66A+BB adjustment cool, never really mattered anyway still should just be used in combos.

RE BB buff great. RE BB LH actually gives 2 less frames on second RE round than when it wins on first round so it could just be a fix to that. (its actually better to not spend 1 curses when you get RE B LH atm)

CE impact frame being slower and less horizontal tracking is absolutely okay it will still be a fantastic CE even if steppable on reaction. Says more + on block too? I guess that will only matter if will ever get blocked.

In general many of the clear top characters have been hit in some form only making us stronger in those MUs.

Great time to be a Zas main :)

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
Oh yeah, to summarise the changes.
RE BB and RE BB LH 's new frame advantage:
RE BB TS1: +24
RE BB TS2: +34
RE BB TS3: +44

CE still right now is the same speed as before (i34 and i8 aGI) has much less horizontal tracking (tho if you step to side and hit into his aGI still will realign) and his CE is infact +8 on block now.

Ive also experienced RE second hit to track less and 1B to have random more tracking at times.

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
(copy+patse from discord) lets optimise our whiff and block punishment. Following a point @DrakeAldan made abit ago curses go from making Zas a solid character to a insane one and taking the opportunity to apply a curse by sacrificing abit of damage just opens more options in the later round.

This list is in order for priortising getting curse applied then next best options if the curse move would be out of range or better for max damage / oki would be after.

Standing:

i12: 6K, AA, KK, 2A
i14: 6K, b:K, bK, AA, KK
i16: 6K, 46BB, K6, 3AB, 46B
i18: 6K, 46BB, K6, 3AB, 8B+K, 46B
i20: 3B(curse combo), 44A+B, 6BB LH
i22: 6B+KA, 66A+BB, 44A+B, 6BB LH

Crouching :

i12: 6K, wrKB
i14: FC 3K, wrKB
i16: FC 3K, 46BB, 46B
i18: FC 3K, 46BB, 46B
i20: FC 3K, 44A+B, 46BB, 6BB LH
i22: 6B+KA, 66A+BB, 44A+B,

Whiff punish:

6B+KA, 6BB LH, 44A+B, 46BB, 46B

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
(copy+paste from discord) some okizeme for ya! Tested on Kilik, cool note when opponent is feet towards you some moves get added tracking vs rolling.

Vs left roll: 3B, 44A+B, 22B, jumpA,(46:B if only done a single roll)

Vs right roll: 3A(B), 2B, 66A+B

Vs either to cover both: 1A, 1K, 22A, SC A+B

Other options that cover all vs opponent feet towards us: 46:B, 1B, jumpA, 11B, 22B and 8B+K

This is mainly for when opponent otg not immediately after a combo, since rolling isnt immediate most of these will land regardless (straight after 66B air hit ender/BT B+K from a launch ender)

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
@Zasalamel Updates guard bursting game.

Here is his hardest guard hitting attacks.
50%: RE B
42%: RE A
33%: RE K
20%: 6A+B(B)
19%: (RE)
18%: 4A+B
16%: RE
15%: 3A(B), 44(B), 4B+K, 66A+B,6A+BB
14%: 6BB
12%: CE
10%: 4A,22A, 6A+B,6B+KA, SC A+B, SC 22BB
9%: 3B, 9B, 46B, 66B, 22B, 44B, wrB, A+B,2A+B, 44A+B,6B+K, 2B+K, 66B+K.

^highlights are 3A(B), 4B+K, 6BB, 4A, 22A, 6B+K, 2B+K.

Moves that break guard:

3AK, 6BB, 3B, jumpB, 46B, wrB, 66B, 22B, 44B, 44(B),44K, A+B, 6A+BB, 6A+B(B), 2A+B, 4A+B, 66A+B, 44A+B, 4B+K,66B+K, RE B.

Recommend moves to break and the combo follow up:

6BB, 3AK, 9B, 44(B) break give 44(B) LH - 4B+K - BT B+K for 97 damage.

RE B break go for same combo as above its 70 damage.

wrB break gives a BT BB - delay 2A+B - 66A+B for 95 damage OR BT BB - 46BB TS1 - 2A+B - 66A+B for 112 damage

Other breaks go for 66B+K launch into either max, or oki set up.

Its recommended you dont break with 4A+B, 46B or CE as the combo damage after is scaled badly your best option is 6B+KA - 6K for 30 damage and curse.

HighWisdom

[01] Neophyte
Anyone know what the LH conditions are for 66B (Ishtar's Mercy)? They are not listed in the Move List and I am too bad to figure it out.

Wootiewoo

[03] Disciple
What are some good ways that you all do to get 44A+B LH? Obviously the move is great but when is someone trying to backstep zas other than avoiding the ring out?

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
What are some good ways that you all do to get 44A+B LH? Obviously the move is great but when is someone trying to backstep zas other than avoiding the ring out?
Its pretty tough to land since its a i20 move having to catch -14 backstep. Tip range during netrual can more likely catch people and other than that you have set ups you can do it where you are +6 or more and 44A+B then becomes a back step trap.

Also for them trying to escape the edge when in the perfect range I prefer 6BB LH since you can combo 4B+K - BT K for the RRO.

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
So this character is top5 imo now.

3AK huge buff to now w! and be +10 on hit in the open. Becomes perfect mix up with 1BB TS2 near wall both being able to convert to a RO off a low wall w!. 1BB TS2 - 3AK is possible too no longer needing b:K at most ranges.

Top it off 3A is now -16 ob and -2 oh.
3AK is -8 ob and can only be ducked to punish
6A is -10 and 0 on hit.
6AA cant be stepped now

And ofc CE retains all its OPness but now buffed to bring in opponent on aGI land so no more outta range CE whiffs

Meanwhile other previous patch top characters got substancial nerfs

Goudaba

[08] Mercenary
Hello,
got a question to help me with being more consistent with 46:B
Does the whole move needs to be "fast" or only the timing for the 6:B part is required to trigger the just version of the move?

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
Hello,
got a question to help me with being more consistent with 46:B
Does the whole move needs to be "fast" or only the timing for the 6:B part is required to trigger the just version of the move?
You just press the 6B immediately after the 4