Zwei pessimist discussion

I'm pretty sure Z.W.E.I is easily the weakest character in the entire game, if not the entire series. Even as a strictly casual player who wants nothing to do with the competitive side of SC, I never play as him because he's so terrible. His range is atrocious, his damage is weak, his grapples are shite, his combos don't make any sense and his main gimmick, E.I.N, never bloody shows up except for a few very specific moves (which are hard to remember how to do). Jesus, he's even useless against the AI on easy.

A shame, because the character design and weapon concept is awesome. What a pity the moveset is so unspeakably awful.
I stopped reading after that.

Seriously, did you even try to learn him? It sounds like you put in maybe 5 mins. If you can't even remember the moves where Ein comes out then one, you're either trolling or two, you didn't even try and you shouldn't even be here. GTFO. Do some actual research and training before you come in here and start spouting nonsense. Go eat a cactus!

Remember, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool casual player. I have neither the time nor the energy to spend hours mastering a videogame. I play for a quick fix of fun, which it's safe to say Z.W.E.I cannot provide. Certainly in my experience online nobody ever used Z.W.E.I (although saying that, barely anyone used anything other than Natsu) and having been routinely thrashed by the goddamn AI on EASY when trying to play Z.W.E.I (especially against the overpowered characters like Natsu and Maxi) when I can beat said Easy AI without breaking a sweat with, say, Nightmare, I can safely say that learning Z.W.E.I is more trouble than it's worth. I mean, Tira and Voldo are hard to learn, but they at least have a few redeeming factors that make them stand out as good characters and also help ease me into using them (Tira's good range and quick, high-damage moves, Voldo's evasion techniques and unpredictable moves) whereas Z.W.E.I is, outside of the aforementioned combos which are totally outside the realm of casual players like me (I can't even pull off a Critical Edge), completely awful.

Being a hard to master style is one thing. Yoshimitsu is hard to master, but hugely powerful once properly mastered and still fairly decent at casual level. Being a hard to master style that can easily be steamrolled with minimal effort by basically anyone is another altogether.

Don't even know what you are trying to argue.

To be fair, if you managed to use 200% meter in one combo then you deserve to do retard damage (See Algol, Viola), and those combos shown are practically never gonna hit anyone. A BE prep, a charged attack, clean hit, on counter. Yeah okay buddy.

Zwei is just a cunt in general.

Don't even know what you are trying to argue.

To be fair, if you managed to use 200% meter in one combo then you deserve to do retard damage (See Algol, Viola), and those combos shown are practically never gonna hit anyone. A BE prep, a charged attack, clean hit, on counter. Yeah okay buddy.

Zwei is just a cunt in general.
I can't believe there's an argument on Zwei's dmg output in this thread.
Raph and Leixia takes the cake on the amount on the low dmg side. Now as for Zwei, if there's one obvious things he can do, it's dmg. It's A tier dmg at the very least.
A simple A+G, 4B (BE), 66A+B can give you about 72 dmg.
A simple WRB, B+K, A+B can net you about 80 dmg. You can extend this 1K (BE) for even more dmg.
B+K, 4B (BE), 66A+B gives 78 dmg.
66A+B, 4A+B gives 90 dmg.

I gave the 4 simplest and most common and MOST easy to pull off combos off the top of my head. There are other combos that can net you 100+dmg easy and add in his fantastic oki game, ohohohoho, his dmg output is nothing to laugh at. His tech traps are devastating too.

ZWEI damage is fine, the problems are the means by which you get said damage and the fact that he also requires meter for just about everything hefty, his slow meter gain doesn't help too much either.

Back