Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

the standard CE combo that takes 2 bars will be 150 odd, it's currently 26 frames but unduckable from 22 i think, i'm guessing it'll be buffed to 22 unduckable from 18 which is nice but not really game changing.

Anything faster then 22 and it'll be too good i think, not that i would complain about it though.............

Ok, ShinJin, for real, why does your sig say "BRUN"?

You're KILLING my OCD.

-1A.A: This nerf isn't that bad. I didn't use 1A.A that often anyway.

-4B: Ha Ha! This is excellent! I'm excited to one again start headbutting like in days of yore!!!... almost...

-66B: This is nice, but I would have like to have seen this move be faster by one frame to allow it to punish a broader scope of moves rather than having us as Astaroth players relying on K to punish things.

-44B~G / 44B: Argh, his tools... they're killing them!!!

-66 or 33 or 99kA+B+K: I'm a little gunshy on this one as I only ever used it to end combos for more damage. I've been stepped/JGed/GIed one too many times by seemingly random people online.

-63214A+G: Hooray for more damage!

-236236A+B+K: Hooray for more damage / quicker execution / less gauge build up for the opponent! I wonder how fast it really will be though...

Saitoh is right; on top of gaining more damage for A+G CMND throw, you get more potency on the mix up as well. More incentive to break A is always a good thing for Astaroth, in more ways than one.

About 10 years ago i was trolling some italian guy on SC.com forums and he was like "ur astaoth shit on only say brun you to ashes kekeke" or some shit, and at the time it made me laugh really hard, so i double trolled him by putting his diss in my sig.
He was pissed and i was happy.

What they should have done is added the base damage of a clean hit to 66B and removed the chance for a clean hit, that way we have much more stable damage, right now if you get a clean B JF grab + clean 66B does around 121, without all that it's 90 which is huge damage loss all based on luck.

the 66K~BE buff is gonna be really good, it means you can rape certain mixups without having to guess.

What kind of reasoning is this ? lol
Seriously it's fucking huge, take time to really think about it and how it will affect his game.

Yeah it's awesome. Now please, go on mashing B close the edge or the wall, maggot!

I can't wait to try 4B's range, that could really solve some problems against fast pokers-backdashers.

I'm still waiting for PT ring out. Since SoulCalibur I.

when i started playing back in SC2 when PT was really good i couldn't understand why it didn't ring out when it obviously should do, now it sucks it definatly should ring out.

So I was playing against a guy and on the second round I rung him out by accident cuz I was doing a combo out of habit and didn't notice how close he was to the edge. In the third I rung him out again but not my fault this time. I stunned him with 6B, 22K, and then positioned the 22B BE so the 66B afterward wouldn't ring him out, and then he air controls himself right off the damn ledge and the host kicks me for it. Effing brilliant.

Yeah the PT right now is not so useful. The best thing about it is that you can crush opponent's guard and build your meter, but a lot of other tools ar better, so why use it?

Thanks dude.

I have some gameplay question hopefully someone can help me out with. How do you generally follow up a blocked 44[a]? How about a blocked 66[k]

I seem to play a spacing heavy defensive Astaroth with lots of wiff punishing 44a. I do well against more aggressive players, where I score lots of damaging counter hits, but I really struggle with other defensive players. I have real trouble opening people up with Astaroths relatively slow and straight forward mixups. Any advice?

^ grabbygrabby

If you have a move that stuns them on block (44[A}, 4[ B ], etc) and you are in range then go for a throw. Once they start to react to this just change it up and mix up what you do there. If you get a person that tries to duck alot do a low throw, if they try to break do a 6B instead of the throw to put them into the stun combo. If they block a bullrush then I think the only thing to do is block and see how they react, then later you can base your choice off of what you have seen.

patch just hit and the CE has gotta be 15 frames or something.
Damn, all the newbs are gonna bitch at us even more for using the big guy online. :D

patch just hit and the CE has gotta be 15 frames or something.

Haha, 15 frames would be amazing... imagine punishing Pyrrha's stab with a CE. I can't wait to see the actual frame data.

Anyway, where do you live, that you got the patch already?

Patch is available on EU PSN.
CE is i21 from my test, was i26 before. If it's not changed, you cant duck 4 frames before the end of the animation, thus making it unduckable after 17 frames.
CE, 88B is 108 damage when CE 22B is 106.

Quick combo question. Im pretty sure Ive seen the following wall combo in match videos:

63214B+G, 22B BE, A+G W!, 6B ->more stuff

but it seems that whenever I attempt this the 6B comes out to slowly to connect. Am I just screwing it up or does this only work situationally?

Additionally, will 6B connect after 2A+G W!? I couldnt get that to work either. What should I do instead in that situation?

Theres a few stages with breakable and non breakable walls where the person can fall down reall fast after the A+G air throw, i dont know the details but after speaking with a few people there definatly was a issue ( may be fixed now though).

there then that bug you should be able to just hold fowards after the a+g throw and spam B to get the stun to come out.
Also after 2a+g the only thing thats free is 1a+g or 66KBE

Back