Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

Is anyone worried/curious/excited about the balance patch? There shouldn't be any reason to nerf Asta right?
....right?

I hope they give him jf dmg on his a command grab. I can see them maybe toning down his wall damage.... We shall see.

Patch leaks.
i hacked in to namco and found this email which was in japanese, i put it in google translate and this is what it told me.

66K~BE absorb is being buffed (currently it's 32, will be buffed to 35~38)
1AA the 2nd hit is taking a 8 damage nerf (32 -24)
63214A+G JF getting 10 damage added
44B slower start up.
44B~g slower and more recovery.
4B and 4{B} hit box at the front incresed.
66B more often a clean hit.

the only thing thats really game changing is 4b hit box change, the rest is only small balance changes.

Is this for real?

If so, I would consider it an overall buff. A command grab doing 75 dmg makes it nearly as scary as the b throw.

I can live with those changes. A few neglible dmg nerfs and a lot of useful dmg buffs.

What exactly does the 66k be buff mean?

it said "The revenge 66k will incresing 1015 %", my best guess was 10% or 15%, which is why i put both, but looking at it now it could have been anything really.

Patch leaks.
i hacked in to namco and found this email which was in japanese, i put it in google translate and this is what it told me.

44B slower start up.

the only thing thats really game changing is 4b hit box change, the rest is only small balance changes.
Thanks for the information. Assuming all is correct, this makes me a bit happy. 44B-G, slwoing down and less recovery makes me sad, but not something I can't adjust to. Nice find.

Yeah, the 44B~G slowdown cuts another tool out of the already limited attack cancelling game.

The headbutt range increase is nice though as is the extra 10 damage on the A Command Grab.

44B~G slowdown nerf really sucks. 6AA was definitely a nice mixup to do after it if you were point-blank, while 4A and grabs took care of mid-range.

I'm hoping the 4B buff will be better than expected, but I bet it'll be barely noticeable.

Extra 10 damage on A command grab is decent. With clean hit, it'll do crazy damage.

Why the damage nerf on 1AA? That's just a pointless damage nerf.

66B more often a clean hit? I still won't use that terrible move. lol

66B is far from terrible.

But yes, nerf DMG to 1AA is pointless. Who complains about that move?

66B is far from terrible.

But yes, nerf DMG to 1AA is pointless. Who complains about that move?

1aa Nerf... Who know... If anything it does kind of do a lot for what is usually a guaranteed hit.

I'm mostly looking forward to the free 10 dmg after the 22B BE with more 66B clean hits. B command grab does about 110 with 66b clean hit and 22B BE.

Patch leaks.

44B slower start up.

Yep, 4B is hopefully finally good... Again.

The 44B G cancel nerf kind blows, but making 4(B) have more range is more than welcome. I had almost pretty much given up on 4B, now it may be good. 1AA dmg nerf is pretty dumb...there is no excuse for getting hit by it other than being stubborn and not getting up. The armor on 66K BE getting buffed is welcome as well. Always nice to make his options better. JF CMD grab A being buffed is great! It makes his throw game alot more effective.

Well I just hope these patch notes are accurate. This will be a nice buff.

i can only guess that 1AA nerf was cos it was the best follow up to the B command grab and a few stuns.

it's nice, but not huge, it takes 4 A grabs to kill someone now and it'll take 4 A grabs to kill someone after patch, it does however mean 1 less 2A at the end of the round is needed for each A grab you land.

Sources: http://www.soularchive.jp/SC5/adjust/index.html
https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

-1A.A (Double Discus): decreased second attack damage (32→26).

-4B (Bear Fang, Bear Fang): longer reach. 4Bh is also changed.

-66B (Ax Crash): increased clean hit chance.

-44B (Canyon Creation): longer freeze when canceled by G.

-44B (Canyon Creation): slower execution.

-66 or 33 or 99kA+B+K (Apocalypse Rush): improved spec for revenge.

-63214A+G (fastest input) (Titan Bomb): increased damage (64→74)

-236236A+B+K (Cestemus Doctrine): faster execution and increased damage (50→65). Fixed some characters being able to evade during throw animation. Decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge.

I'm pretty happy with the changes, particularly to 4B_[B ]. Right now, it feels like 4[B ] actually has shorter range than 4B, so hopefully that's fixed. Also, if it works better vs. grounded rolling opponents, that's solid gold.

CE buff is interesting. Maybe it won't be useless anymore.

My dream changes would have been buffed 4B, bringing back BA, and bringing back the old AB/BA delays. One out of three isn't bad.

Back