= Gatsu's Official Temple of teh Random CaS Stuff =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent batch, Gatsu...I agree, Casanova is pretty cool, as is the dragon nighty...Jarom from the Bayou is cool too, nice use of the ant antennas for the dreadlocks...

Love that Hsien-Ko. Any plans for Morrigan or Felicia?

Do you mind me asking how you made that tag on the cap? I can't seem to re-create it properly...

EDIT: I'm a silly willy. I just purchased the DLC that it came from. Thanks Gatsu for the awesome Hsien- Ko :)

Thanks guys :D

Love that Hsien-Ko. Any plans for Morrigan or Felicia?
Felicia is basically impossible to make(at least a decent one), i mean i've in mind wich pieces i will use and the result will still be far from the original char.
Morrigan can give a waaay better result. Maybe a day i do her :D

How did you get Astrid's helmet to look like that?
white wings sticker, coloured gold on both slots

(Just assume that any time i post here i've already given a giant wall of text praise. Your stuff is truly another level.)
ANYWHO.. I think you should try to make Griffith from Berserk. (for obvious reasons). I always try to but the only helmet that is remotely close has that wing motif, making him too flashy.

I always try to but the only helmet that is remotely close has that wing motif, making him too flashy.
Well consider that for Griffith that helmet (because without it will be worse: no Grffith-like haircut for males) is basically the only choice... but at the end is'nt bad, the first Grif (the Hawkes age) was simple as line, but the most recent one is visually waaay more angel pimp style, with wings theme everywhere
http://imageshack.us/f/209/griffgift.gif/

Funny thing is that if i do Griffith i will probably use female cas :D

Little update, but very fun to do :D

Mitsu 3p: i like this one, Mitsu is one of my mains but untill now i did just one 3p, and was also a lil bit too simple for my tastes. We have seen in SCV a more spiritual and almost peaceful Mitsu... wtf? I say it time to come back on the battlefield bitchslapping fools ronin style :D
mitsf.jpg

Pan Da: yes, he's a fucking kung fu panda :D
pandart.png

Incubo: Made for teh Iron CAS contest, this time Hanya(?) mask. I was going to follow the most obvious route (japanese demon yoshi wannabe), then i'v try to do something different.
A lil bit evil jester, a lil bit nightmare demon ("incubo" is the italian word for nightmare), a lil bit shinigami, and with that Rumpleskin-from-Once-upon-a-time attitude.
Also, ingame look even more sinister with uber malfested shrill voice, unusual stature(height 1) and dark magic special effect that spread purple lights and crow black feathers at every hit.
In short yes, i really like dat lil demonic son of bitch :D
hellq.png

Pretty good stuff, the Mitsu and Panda are awesome in their own ways, i did quite a couple of mitsu 3Ps myself, but never went the full battle armor path...everything works well together and it probably looks stunning in action.

The use of tree/leather pattern on the gloves is a great idea to mimic the paws and "fingers''.

The last one is freaky as helle but a bit on the overloaded side IMO, and i do think from an artistic POV that the nose accessory is a bit distracting rather than complementing the design. Maybe with a witch / old hag nose instead would it work better. But if it is a traditional masquerade / italian carnival mask, then forget this comment, it just looks a bit weird.
I am sure it stills looks great in-game though, in the right stages, the voice, and with those carefully chosen colors and effects ;o)

i do think from an artistic POV that the nose accessory is a bit distracting rather than complementing the design. Maybe with a witch / old hag nose instead would it work better. But if it is a traditional masquerade / italian carnival mask, then forget this comment, it just looks a bit weird.

I have to disagree here - The nose is what gives it that impish feeling, taking it from "Japanese demon", to "Nightmare joker demon". Long pointed noses are often associated with trickery and malice, so I feel it fits perfectly here. In fact, a flatter nose would've looked more out of place on the otherwise angular designs of the character.

--- usual page-change bump :D ---

Little update, but very fun to do :D

Mitsu 3p: i like this one, Mitsu is one of my mains but untill now i did just one 3p, and was also a lil bit too simple for my tastes. We have seen in SCV a more spiritual and almost peaceful Mitsu... wtf? I say it time to come back on the battlefield bitchslapping fools ronin style :D
mitsf.jpg

Pan Da: yes, he's a fucking kung fu panda :D
pandart.png

Incubo: Made for teh Iron CAS contest, this time Hanya(?) mask. I was going to follow the most obvious route (japanese demon yoshi wannabe), then i'v try to do something different.
A lil bit evil jester, a lil bit nightmare demon ("incubo" is the italian word for nightmare), a lil bit shinigami, and with that Rumpleskin-from-Once-upon-a-time attitude.
Also, ingame look even more sinister with uber malfested shrill voice, unusual stature(height 1) and dark magic special effect that spread purple lights and crow black feathers at every hit.
In short yes, i really like dat lil demonic son of bitch :D
hellq.png
[/quote]

I have to disagree here - The nose is what gives it that impish feeling, taking it from "Japanese demon", to "Nightmare joker demon". Long pointed noses are often associated with trickery and malice, so I feel it fits perfectly here. In fact, a flatter nose would've looked more out of place on the otherwise angular designs of the character.

Yes, all things that pushed me to this direction... tricky bastard attitude, sneaky demon face and overall push to go more in italian/european mask breaking a VERY japanese line

Plus it give him some crow like face :D

Also i think i've been influenced (without thinking at it directly) by various stuff, just an example
Jester from DMC3
http://devils-lair.org/gallery/jester.jpg

Also Reala from Nights
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2574/316305-reala_large.jpg
probably played a part somewhere in my brain :D

Btw the huge nose line break was the starting point to be honest, after the Samurai Shodown entries where i made this
basv.png
when i read that the new item was that mask i wanted to retry the horn-nose deformation to kill the japanese shape,but then go in another direction

when i read that the new item was that mask i wanted to retry the horn-nose deformation to kill the japanese shape,but then go in another direction

Ah yes, I remember that now! I knew the mask/nose combo seemed familiar. It works a lot better here though; I wasn't so keen on the SamSho stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back