Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

Here is some stuff Ive found, not sure how useful it is? Im doing my testing against Natsu and Pyrrha because they seem to have the fastest attacks, it is computer controlled so I figure if the computer cant hit me back with its super timing, than a human shouldnt be able to?

"On hit."

After A,A you can non-charged 3+K or 1+B BE.
After a non-charged 3+B you can 1+B BE.
After 1+B BE you can charge a 3+B and if they do anything but block they get hit.
After a close-range 4+B+K you get a throw attempt or 1+B BE.
After a long-range 4+B+K you can get a non-charged 3+B and a throw attempt on certain characters.

If you land a 1+B BE and they happen to be blocking you can non-charge 3+K or you can throw them out of almost all counter pokes.

So sorry if this was already known. Ive been trying to find ways to make Ivy faster and more dangerous up close and her 3+K kick seems so fast and lethal. What is everyones opinion on her 4+A+B? When I play my friend Ive been using it almost anytime I knock him on the ground (if Im at a certain distance) but would a good player just be able to run up to me and hit me out of it?

EDIT 1: All throws can be crouched. Its your call if you want to use a low/mid or go for a throw.

Death the move your talking about in the first sentence is 3K, also when stating moves you don't have to put plus signs between every notation you write.

"After a close-range 4B+K you get a throw attempt or non-charged 1B BE." fixed
"After A A you can non-charged 3K or 1B BE"

Correct me if im wrong, and I wasn't trying to be an asshole

About 4A+B I use it only for the button mashers because the aGI function. (They need to patch GIs to make them only use 25% of one meter and not 50%.) But yeah I like the move, the second part of the move is useless cause it's step-a-bility.

I updated my post but didnt take out all the plus signs, lol. Ill remember it for next time. I kind of wrote this while I was training so I messed up a few items, should be correct now. I really need to get the guide, isnt all this stuff in there? lol

Not sure if this one was posted anywhere:
44A:6, 2b+k, 2b+k for about 106 damage.
Not sure of the notation on just frame, but 44A:6 is supposed to be one.

You can probably get 44A:6, 2b+k, G, 8+B, for more damage, but I haven't been able to test it yet.

Not sure if this one was posted anywhere:
44A:6, 2b+k, 2b+k for about 106 damage.
Not sure of the notation on just frame, but 44A:6 is supposed to be one.

You can probably get 44A:6, 2b+k, G, 8+B, for more damage, but I haven't been able to test it yet.
2B+K is not guaranteed after 44[A]6. Nothing is in fact. They can block any follow up.

I suggest you people to check the combos in training mode using ukemi/all guard settings before posting anything in here.

Nope, they can get up and block the sweep before it hits them.

2B+K is not guaranteed after 44[A]6. Nothing is in fact. They can block any follow up.

I suggest you people to check the combos in training mode using ukemi/all guard settings before posting anything in here.
So I got a chance to test this, and I found out what I was seeing. Its not 44A:6... its just 44A,6 on a back turned opponent.
Ivy recovers a lot faster and can combo 2+b+k, 2+b+k.
So, its pretty worthless since you'll never hit that move on a back turned opponent.

I didn't get a chance to get a video of it though. I'll try to get one up tonight.

I like how linkrkc uses FC1B, backturned B, 6B8 to deal the core of his damage.
...I need to incorporate that move more.

Also liked the use of 22_88B BE, crouchbackturned B

and 1K, 214B

pretty damn effective bread and butter.

I like how linkrkc uses FC1B, backturned B, 6B8 to deal the core of his damage.
...I need to incorporate that move more.
O....M......G!!!!!!!! I've been struggling trying to get 6B8 after a FC 1B and it's been driving me crazy, never thought about using another move in between to make it easier. Just tried it in training and it is WAY better and easier to land.

haha
this was done in soul calibur 4 also.
But I used K instead...this game K doesn't work for some reason.

I think it's aircontrollable to one side, but nobody ever does it.
lol

Ivy lick seems to have excellent tracking in SCV, but I have tested a few variations of this combo and it was possible to AC them. Maybe it's character specific.

Still, it was a good move not to spend meter on 6B8 BE and save it for 1B BE. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at Ramon struggling against this move at the end. All he had to do was to press 4B :P

is FC 1B, B, 6B8 unescapable for some characters even with air control? it seemed like i was hitting it every time with air control set to random on pyrrha, but later on it wasnt working against maxi.

is FC 1B, B, 6B8 unescapable for some characters even with air control? it seemed like i was hitting it every time with air control set to random on pyrrha, but later on it wasnt working against maxi.

Might be character specific, have not tested on all yet. Have not found one it doesnt work on yet though. Will try Maxi.

A tip of advice: instead of using the AC option in the training mode menu, record the combo on Ivy and try to AC it yourself. Never trust training mode on this.

From my testing (with another player trying to AC), the issue is properly timing the BT B. You want to do it as soon as you can. If you do it too late they can get away to one side. I believe my testing was against either Leixia or Viola, but I don't remember for sure.

Leixia seems to be able to air control out of this pretty well... guess I'm doing it too slowly. Thanks for the info, link.

I need another option after the 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w! other than the 66B BE for times when I don't wanna spend the meter on a third BE in the combo. I have been using 6[B+K] but it seems to wiff on smaller characters.

Back