Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

how do you do angel side step? can't find the timing to input 2 or 8

You have to go to neutral first after your 236, then you quickly have to input the 2 or 8. I doubt you'll find much use for it, its a hard input to do, slow, and the moves in it you can do outside of it anyways. If you want to step something, its so much easier just to do a regular side step or quick step.
The angel side step moves are equivalent to 236AA, 66B+K A B, and 8K.

yeah... angel side step used to be better in SC4. less pause between the AS and the side step.

if you really want to do it, you have to do 236 then move your thumb off the d-pad then very quickly press 2_8.

66b and 66b BE does decent guard damage. and both are safe ( sure you can sidestep the second part of the BE but this is like week 3.... not even top players are doing that yet lol)

66b and 66b BE does decent guard damage. and both are safe ( sure you can sidestep the second part of the BE but this is like week 3.... not even top players are doing that yet lol)

No, 66B BE will get you at least just guarded 90% of the time against a good player. You're giving them free meter + punishment/mixup on you and just guard prevents the guard meter damage anyways. Its also free auto-gi bait to anyone with a mid auto-gi. I would not recommend using this to guard crush someone. Not to mention it costing you precious meter to do as well. 66B by itself sure.

lol oh yea on paper its definitely punishable, and i did forget to mention all the other ways to beat it, but did you see how many times ramon got away with that at winter brawl? i agree its not gonna be a "just do it!" move but until someone punishes it im gonna abuse it, when they do start punishing then its a pure oki tool after that if i read them right and they teched.... its there ass. if there wasnt any risk at all this move would be completely suspicious haha.

but i do agree 9 times outta ten you should never risk it , sure you dont get as much off of 66b , maybe 60 points or so. but its safe... and that makes alotta difference

I only used 66B(BE) once to see if my opponent can JG it. You need to make your opponent prove he can do it.
^this. its all about feeling your opponent out. oh you cant block 1aa? oh you dont know how to step 66b BE? this is stuff you gotta test on someone, specially if you never played them before. btw ramon, you coming to FR?

Any tips on how to deal with Dampierre? The match up is giving me trouble and I don't have him yet as I'm awaiting the official DLC release.

Learn to read his slow lows, especially the one that transitions into stance. His stance mixup is the only particularly scary option as far as I can tell. The rest is just playing solidly, and making sure you can kill him before he gimmicks you to death.

Any tips for Siegfried? I've just picked Pyrrha up recently and he is giving me trouble. Whoever lands the first attack seems to win the round. How do you initiate against him?

Any tips for Siegfried? I've just picked Pyrrha up recently and he is giving me trouble. Whoever lands the first attack seems to win the round. How do you initiate against him?

I'm no expert, but if Sieg is abusing 3(B), 22K will beat all of his SCH options on block. SCH B and K get stepped and SCH A gets ducked. He's forced to switch to a different stance if he doesn't want to get hit. Keep in mind that a lot of his good stuff is free 236B:4 on block too, like WR AA and 1B. SRSH B and K are very, very bad on block as well, but you have to guess between mid/low. Just make sure you punish him hard whenever you block either one. In general, Sieg whiffing something is pretty terrible so you'll want to make him hurt whenever he does.

Nothing new or amazing here, but that's what I've got.

I'm no expert, but I'll If Sieg is abusing 3(B), 22K will beat all of his SCH options on block. SCH B and K get stepped and SCH A gets ducked. He's forced to switch to a different stance if he doesn't want to get hit. Keep in mind that a lot of his good stuff is free 236B:4 on block too, like WR AA and 1B. SRSH B and K are very, very bad on block as well, but you have to guess between mid/low. Just make sure you punish him hard whenever you block either one. In general, Sieg whiffing something is pretty terrible so you'll want to make him hurt whenever he does.

Nothing new or amazing here, but that's what I've got.

I hadn't tried 22K, I'll work that in.

Back