Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

236:B can clean hit frequently, regular 236B doesn't. And according to the meter gain thread, 236:B gives slightly more meter than 236B.

I think 236:B also pushes back/launches further on an aerial hit like after a 66B launch, though I could be just imagining things there (or maybe it just eliminates air control?), or I'm inputting it faster and thus hitting them earlier in the launch with it.

hm really? .. I thought it did that with clean hit only. if that's true, that is interesting then ..
yeah...

if you hit at max distance, it feels like you're at +0~1 (seems to be +1). 32 damage, and it's a reset.

but, if you hit 236:B consistently, when you hit at max distance you get this "vacuum" effect with the 4 followup.

as mentioned, 236:B also is rated A for Clean Hit chance.

You don't need to hit the JF all the time. But, if you could, it'd help.

I'm definitely not the only one worried about the incoming balance patch and if our girl will be facing the nerf hammer or not. Personally, I think she is probably the most balanced out of the top tiers at present and would hate to see her nerfed to hell.

Character love is important to me as much as gameplay, it's why I play Juri in SSF4 even though she is fairly crap in that game ( SFxT on the other hand, that is delicious! ) The same applies here.

Sorry, I'm just working myself up here, guess I should wait to see the change list.

how is 9B+K as wake up game? the opponent can see this coming a mile away and block low, but is it very punishable? should I simply do 66B? having a hard time finding the opportunity to do 9B+K because it's so easily interrupted.

how is 9B+K as wake up game? the opponent can see this coming a mile away and block low, but is it very punishable? should I simply do 66B? having a hard time finding the opportunity to do 9B+K because it's so easily interrupted.

If the stun is blocked, then it is very punishable (Not sure the exact frames, but it is 236B:4 punishable by Pyrrha). Now if the main attack part is blocked, is only -12. If you do 66B 9{B+K} they can't interrupt it (or maybe it was only the non-unblockable version that was uninterruptable), but, its kind of a gimmicky thing to do, as they can still roll to the side and only be stunned and escape it. And be very carefull with it against Sieg, he can just go into base hold and auto-gi the quake stun and punish you really hard for it.

At neutral, I'd never recommend using it, its far too slow and easy to see coming as you say.

I'll sometimes throw it out against people after knocking them down away from me, and see what their response is to it. If they refuse to ever duck and block the stun, then, take your free 236B:4's :)

I wonder if pyrrha's CE will be fixed if you do it during wall combos. the 3rd hit always misses if your opponent's push back direction is changed by the wall.

I wonder if pyrrha's CE will be fixed if you do it during wall combos. the 3rd hit always misses if your opponent's push back direction is changed by the wall.
I've also heard Pyrrha Omega's CE sound effects during normal Pyrrha's Critical Edge. I'm not sure if they'll fix that.

I think all CEs should work as an attackthrow. Wall hits/ring outs shouldn't happen unless they do for everyone's.

Hmm, I wonder how much 236B is nerfed. The translated patch notes just says it's slower, doesn't specify whether it's no longer i14 or it's more unsafe. Also, slower activation of CE...does that mean you can no longer combo it off any launcher? These combined with the backstep nerf could really kill her.

I think you are misinterpreting the translation.

the ce's speed is the same. the recovery looks like it is safer on block. stabs are more unsafe.

to me, reading the japanese sounds like that it is safer on block. -17 wasn't terrible for a random ce attempt ... but if it is safer on block then ... throw that shit out !

stab being more unsafe on block doesn't affect me much ... never really used it outside of punishing hah.

Read the English notes, to be quite honest, I'm kind of surprised the 2 Pyrrhas got away with so little, all they really did was make 2 generally safe moves more punishable on block, something that I can deal with tbh.

Pyr's was fair, if not a bit too light 'punishment' (see what I did here) for her. AS B being more punishable makes total sense. CE being more punishable makes sense as well, but it does a lot of pushback on block still so it would remain hard to punish.

Cool, they didn't really change anything of consequence for her :) You shouldn't be throwing out random 236B's and CE's anyways, so, doesn't really matter how unsafe they become. I interpret the patch notes as meaning both of those moves are more unsafe now.

And yay that they fixed the fixed guard and quick step g stuff :)

I don't understand the wording in this patch at all... "shortened opponent's freeze when blocking"I assume means the attack is less safe on block. That being the case, how does "lengthened freeze for performing the move" mean the same thing? That to me sounds like the start up frames are slower, since it doesn't mention on hit or block like other moves do. I'm so confused, lol.

I don't understand the wording in this patch at all... "shortened opponent's freeze when blocking"I assume means the attack is less safe on block. That being the case, how does "lengthened freeze for performing the move" mean the same thing? That to me sounds like the start up frames are slower, since it doesn't mention on hit or block like other moves do. I'm so confused, lol.

From the patch notes:
  • During Angel Step :B: (Angel's Strike): lengthened freeze for performing the move. Same change to During Angel Step :B: (fastest input) (Angel's Strike).
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Trinity Strike): shortened opponent's block freeze

Lengthened freeze for performing the move = You have more freeze time afterwards for doing the move. Your opponent recovers just as fast as they used to. This has a net effect of being less safe, as you recover later. This also could mean it recovers slower on whiff too, if the freeze time applies there too.

Shortened opponent's block freeze = You recover at the same time as you currently do, but your opponent recovers faster. Again, this is a net effect resulting in being less safe.

They are essentially the same thing. But, if your opponent has more freeze time, then they have more time to buffer in their punish against you.

Back