Quinion's Customs House

It's not hacked. The 3 special equipment is Bow, Strength horns x2. Used an unlikely undergarment meant to be sexy, and stickered it up with pockets then used the dancer's bra thing. Used that gothic punk girl gauntlets and decorated it nicely. Quinion nailed it with that Cassandra recreation with unorthodox methods I might add.

It's not hacked. The 3 special equipment is Bow, Strength horns x2. Used an unlikely undergarment meant to be sexy, and stickered it up with pockets then used the dancer's bra thing. Used that gothic punk girl gauntlets and decorated it nicely. Quinion nailed it with that Cassandra recreation with unorthodox methods I might add.

Thanks PY. One of my all-time favorite SC designs, and though I may get pilloried for this, I usually find Cass to be among the weakest design-wise.

One new trick on this one......the undergarment that forms the base to this is just like most undergarments......no red/orange/brown. The brown here comes from a deep maroon base color, with stickers colored dark yellow. For some reason the maroon bleeds through to the stickers, and the color combination comes out an appropriate brown. Wish there were better shoulder options though; that's where I think the real weakness in the recreation is.

I need to know that technique of how to do that. It could help me in the future.

Pure luck discovering it, and being able to use it to my advantage for this particular recreation. I have seen the colors bleed through before on some undergarment items, but it is definitely not typical of all. I can post up the color formula if you want, I've still got her.

Hot stuff yo. Lotsa detail. That's the first time I've ever seen a whole set of faulds reconstructed from the feathers of strength. Gotta learn that color trick too. I might have added a little white up top to match the shin guards, but I respect your decision.

Hot stuff yo. Lotsa detail. That's the first time I've ever seen a whole set of faulds reconstructed from the feathers of strength. Gotta learn that color trick too. I might have added a little white up top to match the shin guards, but I respect your decision.

Actually less my choice than following the original design, where they kind of stand out, both from the color (silver/white) and just being pretty plain. I added the phoenix stickers just to kind of tie them in to the shield motif for a little more design cohesion.

Speaking of which, for @Pocky-Yoshi here's that color trick. This was a trial-and-error, pure luck kind of discovery, but really kind of made the recreation:

basecolor.png

First is the base color I used, which is pretty similar to one of the colors in the original, with the standard undergarment palette limitations. With the color faded to a neutral gray, you can see it has some sort of inherent pattern/filter in the original (maybe why it does this?)

sticker.png

Here it is with the pocket sticker (only one needed because it mirrors), and the color I overlaid which is kind of like a dark olive, not really brown, but with the dark maroon bleeding through, it gives it just enough of a reddish tint to turn to a nice brown leather color. Second image is the pocket sticker colored neutral gray, where you can see it preserves the pattern and the tint of the base color.

Actually less my choice than following the original design, where they kind of stand out, both from the color (silver/white) and just being pretty plain. I added the phoenix stickers just to kind of tie them in to the shield motif for a little more design cohesion.

Speaking of which, for @Pocky-Yoshi here's that color trick. This was a trial-and-error, pure luck kind of discovery, but really kind of made the recreation:

View attachment 38387

First is the base color I used, which is pretty similar to one of the colors in the original, with the standard undergarment palette limitations. With the color faded to a neutral gray, you can see it has some sort of inherent pattern/filter in the original (maybe why it does this?)

View attachment 38388

Here it is with the pocket sticker (only one needed because it mirrors), and the color I overlaid which is kind of like a dark olive, not really brown, but with the dark maroon bleeding through, it gives it just enough of a reddish tint to turn to a nice brown leather color. Second image is the pocket sticker colored neutral gray, where you can see it preserves the pattern and the tint of the base color.
Does this apply to any of the shiny/glossy color-restricted items?If so, it'll revolutionize female CaSing, which relies heavily on underwear for slimming the silhouette and revealing skin. I'm generally forced to build my design to completely avoid the earth tones, but with this trick I may be able to use more orange, brown, and red in my designs. Good find.

I haven't really looked into the possibilities; it could apply to lots of things or this could be a unique case. The situation with most of the items that retain colors through pattern applications can't be stickered (Ex Eqs and some other clothing come to mind), though generally these have the full palette of colors selectable for the base. Defintiely worth further experimentation; curious to see if anyone else comes up with something similar.

Quick stuff, just because I've been watching and enjoying the series on Netflix:

My take on Captain Levi:
CaptLevi.png

@ThePascuzzi posting his Mikasa Ackerman reminded me I had this one started but put down for some reason. I kind of expected AOT chars to have been done to death on the forum, but I only found a couple of Mikasas. He's not necessarily my favorite character on the show, could've been anybody really; I just wanted to try the uniform.

Skipped the hooded cape/poncho; clips horribly with the rest.

That's pretty good.

My only gripe is that his skin looks too tan; in the anime his skin is pale as shit, with only Mikasa's being lighter.

That's pretty good.

My only gripe is that his skin looks too tan; in the anime his skin is pale as shit, with only Mikasa's being lighter.

Thanks. You're right, there is definitely room for improvement here. Given the popularity of AOT on here, I'm pretty surprised there aren't a lot more CAS based on it. If nothing else, anybody that wants to can modify this to make the character they want, since from a CAS standpoint they are virtually all identical except for face, hair and a couple of other details.

Plus the twin duffels as the 3D manuevering gear, putting all those hangy straps to good use seemed like a natural; I'm really surprised I didn't find it used before.

Awesome rendition of Levi. Use of the belt and zipper sticker makes this design more accurate than mine, not to mention the duffel bag/scroll construction for the 3D maneuver gear. I'm kicking myself for totally skipping the duffel bags.
Skipped the hooded cape/poncho; clips horribly with the rest.
Creation mode could really use a proper cloak-like part. What was your plan for making the green cloak? The first thing I would have thought of would be some kind of cape/bat wings combo, but bat wings are really difficult to work with.

Creation mode could really use a proper cloak-like part. What was your plan for making the green cloak? The first thing I would have thought of would be some kind of cape/bat wings combo, but bat wings are really difficult to work with.

By the way, I do like your solution to the jacket. Your version captures the "shortness" of it much better than mine, but I wanted to try a different take, a little bit more detailed and layered, hence the shirt/vest combo.

Long-winded answer to the cloak question, spoilered for length:

I think "plan" regarding the cloak might be overstating it; I really was just thinking I could use the short, hooded cape with the hood down ("black cape" I think it's called) as a kind of short hand to imply Levi, which let's face it, against the uniform in a CAS, it kinda comes down to the neck item...cloak or scarf. With the cloak it was kinda there, and I could have skipped the griffin shield on the back of the jacket and put it on the cloak instead, but the cloak clipped badly with the vest, so ..........scarf it is!

No real consideration to using the bat wings. Though quite a few people are really adept at re-purposing them for a variety of things, I'm not one of them.

Not to sound like an ass, but I kinda see Levi as a "public service" CAS.... I would think lotsa folks want to make AOT chars, but maybe didn't like the results? As much as anything, I was trying to make a viable, easily replicated uniform that others could copy to make the character of their preference. Once I felt like I accomplished that, then I tried to make him recognizable as a specific character. He's the one CAS I actually would like to see people copy to see what variations they come up with.

Back