Quinion's Customs House

Dat face o.O

OK, here's her SCIV face (closest match), but......Is it really better?
Sophi2.png

I think she's looks creepy/weird, but I'm sure she appeals to Pattycakes..........

"Mother? What is this? What has happened? Where is my sister? I feel a yearning, strange and uncomfortable....... but.......urrmmm.........uhhhh........ JUSTICE!!!!!

i know it's jst Kilik's one but dat helmet is awesome

Thanks, Gatsu. First version had feathers of strength to make the visor beak, but final version turned out much cooler.

Next up, Calcos the Spartan (pre-evil seed/curse, of course)

Calcos.png

By the way, I've got a few more in the works but nothing near a full cast.

Anybody has a request/idea for a pre-Soul Edge/Blade char, I'll consider it. Just has to be somebody who could conceivably be in the game maybe 10 years before the first one........but no guests, no fanfic chars

Well, you could try to make the Head of Bird of Passage (Tira assassin's guild.) He went insane because of the evil seed. Apparently they main color was green, the same one we saw on Tira back in Soul Calibur III.

Well, you could try to make the Head of Bird of Passage (Tira assassin's guild.) He went insane because of the evil seed. Apparently they main color was green, the same one we saw on Tira back in Soul Calibur III.

Definitely no plans for a char with Tira style...any pics of this guild for reference?

This also raises another issue.... it's another "he". Due to the Japanese entertainment industry's fascination/fetish with pubescent girls, there are very few females who could conceivably be in a game set ten years earlier.

Ivy (already in the works) just barely makes it, but look at SCV........any woman who hasn't stopped aging was replaced by a teenager.

Cool helmet also this one
Loved the scale skin hint on the shouder pads
Overall a great cas
My 2 cents about the colors, maybe for a spartan i will see go better hot ones, where the actual scheme is definitely cold

About Sophi's face have you considered the one i used for Tiffany?
Once you give it light skin, light-azure eyes and blond eyebrows look like the closest one you can get of the ones avaible
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/248/4/4/rival_school___tiffany_by_damodega-d6l693j.png

With no light red lips and make-up, and less saturated blue for the eyes

Cool helmet also this one
Loved the scale skin hint on the shouder pads
Overall a great cas
My 2 cents about the colors, maybe for a spartan i will see go better hot ones, where the actual scheme is definitely cold

About Sophi's face have you considered the one i used for Tiffany?
Once you give it light skin, light-azure eyes and blond eyebrows look like the closest one you can get of the ones avaible
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/248/4/4/rival_school___tiffany_by_damodega-d6l693j.png

With no light red lips and make-up, and less saturated blue for the eyes

Plus snake horns and armbands for that reptile suggestion. Point taken on the colors, yes a spartan likely wouldn't have looked like this, but the palette was from my favorite version (SC3) and design (light armor set, sword and shield) from his original version.

Next two in prequel set

Kokonoe, Setsuka's teacher

Kokonoe.png

and young Isabella

Ivy.png

Note on Ivy: Though this is based on an amalgam of previous used and unused designs (and turned out really better than expected imho), I get the weird feeling I've seen it or something very similar before. If she turns out to be a dead ringer for someone else's design that has already been posted, i'll go back to the drawing board; I have a backup in mind

La crème de la crème of stick usage man, really nice.

Also wasn't a request, the male Tira was just an idea ahhaha, but nice I was of any help.

La crème de la crème of stick usage man, really nice.

Also wasn't a request, the male Tira was just an idea ahhaha, but nice I was of any help.

No, It's in the works, it's just the only image I've found so far doesn't show much but the face (I guess that's whose face it is), and the overall look is pretty basic. Not ready for prime-time yet, but stay tuned. Plenty to go; these are currently in the works:

Frederick Schtauffen
Birds of Passage Assassin (Tira's master/teacher)
Voldo (with hair!)
Dampierre
Azola (unless someone has a better choice for female sword&shield....wouldn't be SC without)
Seong Han-Myeong

maybe young Li Long (haven't decided yet)
must have a char with Mitsu style
maybe a couple more

when they're done I'll post a gallery with the full set.

That's a great theme. Here's my ideas:
  • Viktor von Krone (Hilde's father; king of Wolfkrone) - Hilde's style
  • Young Zasalamel / Zasalamel previous reincarnation (old woman?) - Viola
  • Henry Adams (Rock's father; British weapons merchant) - Raphael 's style(?)
  • ??? (Full plate armor Italian knight, a rival to Frederick Schtauffen) - Sword and Shield
  • ??? (Sultan's royal guard/Middle eastern noble warrior/Mongol Raider (!?)) - Mitsurugi's style
  • ??? (Female thief/Forest Forager/Desert Dweller/???) - Leixia's style
  • ??? (Barbarian/Viking/???) - Astaroth/Nightmare
Hilde's father is an obvious one. I'm not sure how far back we're going here (20 years before SE?), but I could totally see Zasalamel at the end of his previous life (black witch!?). Rock's father was a weapons merchant according to the original storyline, so I think Raphael's style would be fitting. And the reason Frederick earned such a high rank was because of his performance in the Italian wars, so I think an elegant, full-plated Italian knight would be a nice contrast to the more rustic and barbaric German mercenaries, and a great rival for Siegfried's father.

As for the completely new characters, I think it's all about personality. Mitsu is a total badass, so anyone with his style must be one as well. I think both an imperial guard or ruthless nomad are great fits, and the middle east and the Mongols were both very significant during the game's IRL timeline. Leixia is the exact opposite, so any type of bandit works well -be it from the depths of Europe's forests or Africa's deserts. And of course, nothing speaks barbaric like Astaroth and Nightmare do, so yeah.

I don't think you need to know how amazing these look, Quinion. Even when I'm not around to try out stuff(due to other personal problems), seeing your works never tire me.

Your CAS are always a pleasure to watch, so I was wondering what was your trademark or craftmanship, we had Gef the lustful mad doctor of CAS R&D, and if you allow me, i wish to call you the tailor, for your art using stickers to modify and add layers / details to pieces of clothing is your forte.

Of course this has the drawback of removing surfaces for patterns, and making some of your CAS look a bit on the plain side for my own taste, but on the other hand they end up being clear and crisp for the audience of those recreations.

Back