Raph confirmed as SCV Nightmare :D

I agree with @ZeroWhiteMonkey. Raphael's not living. He's undead, a vampire; Creature of the night? @Aeshma That does make perfect sense, considering Soul Edge changed to a sword and shield to fit Pyrrha, but she's still human.

Furthermore, the Nightmare of the past was still to some extent Siegfried. This Nightmare has completely taken over "Dumas" and imprinted onto him. Raphael has left the building, for all intents and purposes.

But Astaroth is no human either and we´ve seen axe Soul Edge in his SC2 and SC3 endings.

That is what makes it so strange. In all of Raph's endings Soul Edge maintains its Two Hander size, including Soul Calibur actually. In his ending in SC4 he swings Soul Calibur like a light rapier and stabs those two henchmen of his. Where as in other endings like with Asta and Tira the swords will change shape.

Hahah, that always make me laugh.
I wonder if Raphael knows where his body is XD

I always thought that was funny myself. Raphael must be stronger than he looks.

He probably doesnt even know that he's a ghost / spirit / whatever the hell he is.

It's actually quite likely that he is unaware of his true nature at this point. From his story, he seems to have been suffering from amnesia as well, as if he's compelled to pursue Amy for reasons he can't even conceptualize.
-DC:sc5nm1:

Simply, Raph is the soul, NM is the body. They are the same one but divided by SE into flesh and soul.

If you need to do this much fact-creating to confirm this, it's better off just to leave it alone and not make any bold statements.

I'm tired of hearing about this, tbh...

Well, on behalf of everyone discussing it, I apologize for posting it all over in forums you frequent and making it impossible to go anywhere without seeing the theories.
-DC:sc5nm1:

Simply, Raph is the soul, NM is the body. They are the same one but divided by SE into flesh and soul.
A good possibility. But Dumas acts so much like Raph though...If the soul was split from his body, I would have expected Nightmare to have a different personality which would be more akin to the SC4 Nightmare. (>*.*)? (This is of course just pure speculation).

A good possibility. But Dumas acts so much like Raph though...If the soul was split from his body, I would have expected Nightmare to have a different personality which would be more akin to the SC4 Nightmare. (>*.*)? (This is of course just pure speculation).
What fresh insanity is this? I'd love to hear more about how Dumas "acts so much like Raph".

What fresh insanity is this? I'd love to hear more about how Dumas "acts so much like Raph".
Aright then. As you wish...
1-The old Nightmare would not play court politician and scheme in the darkness to gather souls. He would have taken up his giant sword, kick down people's doors and stab them. This new Nightmare uses a different approach who's mannerism is exactly like Raph (look at #2)
2-This new Nightmare aka Dumas aka Raph, is an intelligent man who speaks well in court, uses people and has gained the Holy Roman Empereor's favors and Raph was once a noble who was held in very high regards at court in the past before he killed someone during the Evil Seed event.
3-People have a unique way of speaking. In story mode, Dumas takes on the same arrogant and condescending and manipulative attitude like Raphael.
4-"MINIONS STILL LOYAL TO THE CURSE SWORD SEARCHED AND REASSEMBLE AS MUCH OF THE SWORD AS POSSIBLE". This is my own speculation but Raph had a bunch of malfested minions he already ruled over in Wallachia in SCIII and SCIV. If he was the new Nightmare, these minions would probably still follow him and he would have an instant army ready at his command once he was revived. As we all know, the op in SCIII is not canon but it showed Tira invading his castle. This might have been a hint? Who knows?
5-The rest of the evidence listed before this should suffice.
*I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that Raph is the new Nightmare when all of the hints and clues (and his fricking face can be seen when you customize Night) points to this.

Bla, bla, random speculative stuff you just made up that isn't confirmed in canon at all, blah, blah. Is it possible? Yes. Is it confirmed canon, no. I'm out. I'm gonna unsubscribe to this thread.

Soul Edge changes form to suit its wielder. Why not a rapier then?

IIRC, his JP profile explains that it uses Nightmare's style because the host borrows primarily from the past memories of the sword, having forged a new personality and memories from having been "imprinted" with those of the sword.

That is what makes it so strange. In all of Raph's endings Soul Edge maintains its Two Hander size, including Soul Calibur actually. In his ending in SC4 he swings Soul Calibur like a light rapier and stabs those two henchmen of his. Where as in other endings like with Asta and Tira the swords will change shape.

I wouldn't really consider endings when it comes to Soul Edge's forms, since they don't really follow any logic. Siegfried's ending in the arcade Soul Edge has him wielding Cervantes' version of Soul Edge, Cervantes and Mitsurugi's endings in Soulcalibur both show Soul Edge in its Zweihander form (whereas the endings in Soulcalibur III use the katana/twin sword forms), etc.

3-People have a unique way of speaking. In story mode, Dumas takes on the same arrogant and condescending and manipulative attitude like Raphael.

Even if they dont have the same VA they have a very similar accent and like you said speaking mannerisms.. Just listen to that part where Pyrrha saves Pattycakes from Nightmare. He says "So a puppet controlled by a fool intends to stop me?"

At 2:40 It sounded just like Raphael.

Back