Raphael media =/

Discussion in 'Raphael' started by WARUI_NE, Oct 21, 2011.

• Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    http://8wayrun.com/media/gnouz-tv-1...a-paris-games-week-2011-english-version.2786/

We get to see Raphael (briefly) starting at 5:15.

1) hatless raph

2) confirm 33K:B into CE does alright total damage, but eats up 1.5x meter.

3)"Raphael's largely unchanged from SC4" so probably the same gameplan, with stance entries to score CH or continue combos.

4) "has evades, and controls spacing by moving forwards and backwards". This part is my favorite, as raph with a strong backdash would be VERY annoyingly good. Couple that with evades if you predict someone is doing a slower long ranged move for a punish and i'm very happy. Too bad didn't get to see any in the short raph part

5) "Increased damage on his verts". Hell ya, raph was always bottom 3 in terms of the damage compartment, so hopefully this will put some fear into people disrespecting his frames.
    darkwings13, Kirio4 and Azazel like this.
  1. Runemaster

Runemaster [04] Fighter

Hmmm... not happy about "largely unchanged from SC4" part, but more control spacing, stronger verts and evades is a good news.
    I was hoping since Amy is now a different character (not a fencer anymore), Raph would go back to be much like his SC2 version where he was complete, his half of movelist was not given to Amy.

But I'll still look forward and give him a chance.
  2. Signia

Signia [12] Conqueror

Interesting stuff in the stream so far. Raphael's "auto-evade from neutral" absorbs an attack and then does VE A. He also seems to have the soulsucking throw from neutral
  3. Azure

Azure [09] Warrior

PSN:
    Davidizm
    XBL:
    Skull Maru
    I agree it was Raphael's greatest moment. He's just not as fun in 3 and 4.

I feel the same way. Let's drink to that brother, the old raphael back

Good write up indeed. The developers should make his SEA a hold input and give back his sidestep and just make it a simple tap 8_2 input.
  4. Runemaster

Runemaster [04] Fighter

Is there any chance for the raph streaming video to be uploaded to youtube?

Well, I found this..
    Raph VS Tira Live Ustream
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6AisPK4lc

- Looks like soul gauge damage is carried over to the next round.
    At 01:50 Tira finished the round with red soul gauge, and recovers a little so it became yellow in the next round, but blocking one attack resulting red gauge again.
    - Was that Guard bursting, 66(B) BE BE B on 01:59 ? Looks pretty damaging.. is it a better option than simply doing CE?
    - 22B CH cannot combo into his CE
    -Thank God for no equipment breaking stuff. It was lame in SC4.

---
    If anyone find more vids, please post, thanks :)
    Habast likes this.
  5. Habast

Habast [10] Knight

Awesome, thanks for the post. :)

I bolded, italicized, and underlined that comment because it can't be emphasized enough. Can't wait to try out Raph in SC V! January needs to hurry up! Lol
  6. Kirio4

Kirio4 [06] Combatant

• Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    from the 2nd stream from namco, it appears raph's 22B combos into his prep elbow! Looks like 33K:B, 3B~BBB, A+BA or CE will be the combo ender of choice!

and CE can be done from 22B , hopefully its not a CH NH difference
  7. Azure

Azure [09] Warrior

PSN:
    Davidizm
    XBL:
    Skull Maru
    where does this combo start are you just mentioning possibilities?
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    http://8wayrun.com/threads/scv-live-character-creation-demo-archive.9027/#post-322630

1:21:15 is Raph's 22B leading into CE

1:21:29 is when Raph's 22B leads to prepA , which hopefully guarantees something afterwards (probably something minor like 1A or 2B unless it wallsplats).

My guess is still that the other moves i listed earlier will probably (and hopefully) connect
  8. Azure

Azure [09] Warrior

PSN:
    Davidizm
    XBL:
    Skull Maru
    we need to let the developers know our raphael suggestions before it's too late.
  9. Habast

Habast [10] Knight

It looked like his A+B during prep (the one where he pulls back and does the more powerful stab) has a low variation to me. Did somebody else already notice/mention that?
  10. Azazel

Azazel [09] Warrior

PSN:
    AzazelSC
    Is not a variation, the move u are referring to is now doable from neutral and the one that u are seeing is a new move from prep, indeed is low.
    Habast likes this.
  11. Habast

Habast [10] Knight

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not very savvy on identifying moves, but I'm glad you knew what I was talking about. Also, from neutral? Yesh!
  12. Azazel

Azazel [09] Warrior

PSN:
    AzazelSC
    Yup, no stance needed, which is fucking awesome, I might find a use for that move now
    Habast likes this.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    its more evasive and faster than SC4 44B thats for sure.

However, the aGI, delayed tracking, ground hitting, force-crouch on block, step-safe on block, and 60 damage NH on hit will be hard to replicate.
    Azazel likes this.
    • Premium Supporter

WARUI_NE Prettier than you

44b will be missed but at a high level of play it wasnt as useful as you would think
    good players will gi it on reaction
    • Premium Supporter

WARUI_NE Prettier than you

Aa and bb range seem buffed
    wr b stuns on nh
    66b seems to retrack a little bit
    raphs zong game looks strong specially if wr b has sc4 frames
    optymuss likes this.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

WuHT Premium Moderator

PSN:
    Trolt
    wrB crumpling on NH hit (too far for combo) is an interesting change. That shit better ring out

feel free to make a wishlist. I'm just going to say that you wont be taken as seriously if you go off the rails with "requests" as opposed to uninfluenced suggestions for raph's overall gameplay
  13. Azure

Azure [09] Warrior

PSN:
    Davidizm
    XBL:
    Skull Maru
    how do you mean? what is off the rails?