Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to do some testing for me? I need a list of moves where 3B whiffs when punishing moves that are -18 or greater on JG. I was going to test myself but I'm too lazy and the testing is so boring I found myself skipping moves. If anyone takes this up don't bother testing Aeon, 3B doesn't whiff on him.

I would do that if the JG frames were already in the characters' wikis

Plus why -10? To punish with 3(B) on GRD or JG the opponents' frames have to be -18 or unsafer. Anything below that will make your opponent block your 3(B). Unless they go for a high attack that can be TC-ed by 3(B), but that's a risk...

EG: If you JG Pyrrha's second attack of 66 B BE you have 17 frames before she blocks. 3(B) does not work. iagA works, but you have to be extremely good at timing and buffering it, or use something quicker.

Plus why -10? To punish with 3(B) on GRD or JG the opponents' frames have to be -18 or unsafer. Anything below that will make your opponent block your 3(B). Unless they go for a high attack that can be TC-ed by 3(B), but that's a risk...

EG: If you JG Pyrrha's second attack of 66 B BE you have 17 frames before she blocks. 3(B) does not work. iagA works, but you have to be extremely good at timing and buffering it, or use something quicker.

Use 66K$.

Had a new Sieg whiff today. Did 3B, SCH K BE, 3B the second 3B whiffed and I turned up in BT SCH to which everyone was like what??? Then land the BT SCH B for the winning blow....... mwhahaha they never saw that coming.

I was thinking about 3 things at once when I posted that. I got it mixed up with my thoughts about JG'd stance entry moves (3B, 2A+B, 22kA, etc.). I add 10 frames of recovery to those because they can JG punish with a move that is i23 for a JG'd 3(B). I come to this by adding the -13 3B is when JG'd plus 10 frame for attempting to do SCH K, since that is quicker than trying to do a stance transition or block.

1.- Hit and run can is only a good choice on tip range; Siegfried's is like the slowest character to side/back step so your only choice is to always fight a tip range (and use 3K to interrupt incoming attacks); 66k is a good choice to spend the meter... so don't hesitate to use it wisely.

2.- Tech traps? that was something that Siegfried loses in SC3/4; right now the only available tech trap is 4[A]>KND>RSH K/B... and the solution is the same for booth: stay in the ground till the whiff happen... Siegfried have no way to inflict feat to be rolling in the opponent... except for the crappy options like: 2 B_A+G, A+B, 66A+B...

Siegfried have a reliable set of step punishers so try to kill your opponent urge to step (first) and when the times comes 3B them to death....

I've seen one Siegfried player use stepping and backstepping correctly. And that was scary, mastering spacing with Siegfried makes him extremely good. Like backstepping after 1K on hit, for example, is very possible and effective.

Also Siegfried does have some techtraps like after SCH B a lot of stuff works.

I've seen one Siegfried player use stepping and backstepping correctly. And that was scary, mastering spacing with Siegfried makes him extremely good. Like backstepping after 1K on hit, for example, is very possible and effective.

Also Siegfried does have some techtraps like after SCH B a lot of stuff works.
i believe spacing is one of the most important aspects of siegfrieds gameplan, because it allows him to chip at the opponent with great pokes like b6. if step becomes an issue, he can always front step in, iagA, and then backstep out again(or frame trap the opponent and attempt to pressure from midrange) if you ever find yourself to the point where you have to rush the opponent to catch up in damage, the key is to get in there, get your damage, and space them out as fast as possible, through a combination of KND, pushback and backstep. do beware of an opponents backstep in those ranges. through using advantage at mid-tip range you can continually get a steady stream of chip damage at relatively low risk. but you have to be very agressive in controlling your opponents movement to stay there. always be mindful of the maximum range each move has.

Caspian on XBL constantly backstepped me with siegfriend and dominating mid range umm it wasn't fun....meh siegfried is good in this game just the sc4 siggy had more options with his stances.

Lol sweet I'm going to be playing seig today at the uk tournament i46 if I'm good enough I will get far if not ill blame the fact I lost on not being able to handle the sheer level of man that seig is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345860195959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345860195959.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back