Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest characters from other games are used to attract new people to the game I think. If guest characters are going to help the sales, then I like them. As long they make sense like Ezio. No more star wars characters because they are out the place in SC universe. No more clones either. (Sherezade, Kumikuriwhatever...)

Guest characters from other games are used to attract new people to the game I think. If guest characters are going to help the sales, then I like them. As long they make sense like Ezio. No more star wars characters because they are out the place in SC universe. No more clones either. (Sherezade, Kumikuriwhatever...)

This exactly. And i can't imagine a more stupid named character than kumrikamillokarasi

What's the problem with clones? They're pretty much the same as a created character.

The Star Wars characters didn't fit in the SC universe, but the only one that sucked was Yoda. Vader and Starkiller was cool.

I would love to see SC without guest characters or clones or created characters and get back to putting the emphasis on the original roster, but it would also alienate the people who enjoy these casual elements because alot of people didn't start paying attention to SC until Link was added in 2 or custom characters were added in 3.

Whatever happens, I just want something that's fun to play.

Haven't they just completely removed Viola's bio though? Maybe they did that because she has amnesia? I don't know but I'm wanting an explanation, ether twins or the same person... If they say they're separate characters that would be odd, why would Viola have the same model (basically), voice actress, clothing style, special intro quote with Raphael if they're different characters? Plus the fact that Viola's costumes has a load of "A"s on it makes it more obvious
Perhaps they're trying to scrap certain parts of the story elements V had added upon 4 that they realized didn't make any sense, or they felt they were weakly recieved based on fan reception. Most of the content they either edited or removed entirely from connection were off the characters people most likely hated or too farfetched for fans to accept. And from that realization I'd honestly be happier if the story and new characters were taken out of canon. They're all terrible.

What's the problem with clones? They're pretty much the same as a created character..
Created characters are appealed to whomever creates them. They're basically abstract imaginary inserts that have no effect on the canon story. Created characters are basically costumes over the default characters, they don't even count in the roster. Clones however are intended to be a part of the story and roster equally to the original characters which causes prpblems. It causes issues with coexistance from redundancy. They also take up slots and waste them. Its not even the Random weapon users that I mean when I say wastes slots. To me any 2 characters using the same weapon (with the minor exception of Cass& Sophitia - Night & Seig) are wastes to me. Instead of getting new weapons, we keep getting rehashes of ones we've already had. To me each character in the series was supposed to represent a unique cultural fighting weapon from various parts of the world competing against each other like a Death Battle Royal, not a Greece vs Germany story as what SC has become now.

Last edited:
No guest characters.
Yes guest characters. They attract more people to buy the game, and at its current state SC needs all the help it can get.

You should have said "No Patrollklos". He's what happens when you take Lars and make him ever worse.

That's what I'm thinking... But I really love Viola's style and character! But I do prefer Amy!
I like both. But I like Viola more because the style and the character personality. Amy feel more like an extra character with no more story than being the malfested daughter of Raph.

I hope in SC6 when choosing a stage we get the option to either choose it at night or day.

The new profiles act like the time skip didn't happen.
So basically Soulcalibur V isn't canon... That's what they're trying to do probably because of the reception it received from fans... Although it was an *okay* game... Just needed better story, characters, and better offline features (museum, character profiles ect)

at some point.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...o-bandai-stays-healthy-in-the-console-market/

This is a little old but I just came across it and found it incredibly interesting. here is a choice quotes:

Based on sales alone it's pretty sure that we'll see a next gen soul calibur on PS4 and Xbone (WiiU?). What direction do you want the series to go?
I personally would like a reboot. Start all the way back at soul calubur 1.
Hoping they release a version for the PS3 or I'm going to have break my bank D:

So basically Soulcalibur V isn't canon... That's what they're trying to do probably because of the reception it received from fans... Although it was an *okay* game... Just needed better story, characters, and better offline features (museum, character profiles ect)

Agreed

How do you explain most of the profiles being reverted back to the SCIV ones?

I agree. The majority of the profile are back to IV and isn't Yoshimitsu the original one again and not Yoshimitsu the second?

Well... I don't think they are planning to go that far to make the game non canon. But maybe they will change the things that weren't in the game directly. Like how the fact that Sophitia is dead isn't 100% sure according to Phyrra new profile.

I believe Sophitia is alive due to the IV profiles and Pyrrha's profile but even if she was dead PS could just use Warriors Orochi as an excuse for her to be alive and return.

They can't just ignore the new characters like Patroklos, Pyrrha, Xiba, Leixia.. Especially the alexanders. I don't know what PS have in mind, but if the really want to make SCV non canon, they have to make a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back