The Final Fantasy Thread

The game play of Crisis Core was a turn off since I was expecting a turned based game. So I didn't play it for a good three weeks until I decided to give it another chance. As I played, the gameplay was pretty addicting & rewarding due to the skill fusion system and rgp elements. Overall the game decent, it wasn't bad all people make it out to be. I'm just glad I didn't buy the game myself. The PSP might be a thing in the past but if it's hacked with that Pandora Battery and magic memory stick in my eyes it's the best handheld console out today.

Yeah, pretty much what Ramus said. You gotta be really careful with what you hear about newer final fantasy games, they receive a lot of hate for really no reason.
I'd say it's most because people are used to the classic gameplay and hate when things get changed up. I personally like a little variety. Hence why I enjoyed FF Tactics a lot. Dirge of Cerberus was OK, just couldn't really grasp the feel of it.

Never could get Cloud's Limit Breaks to work on Tactics.

Did you get his Materia blade? If not, you need to use the treasure hunter ability from a chemist unit at some place. I haven't played FFT in about two years so I don't remember which place to go to for the weapon.

Did you get his Materia blade? If not, you need to use the treasure hunter ability from a chemist unit at some place. I haven't played FFT in about two years so I don't remember which place to go to for the weapon.

The volcano. It's at the highest point on the stage.

I like Kingdom Hearts gameplay, Crisis Core was NOT Kingdom Hearts gameplay. Crisis Core was ass crackers gameplay. IT was so monotonous and boring that i beat the entire game with one hand, because once you get Cure you've won the game. The roulette system is stupid as shit also, lets just trigger this stuff NOW when you're facing a single pathetic soldier, oh ya that's great. Make me watch this cinematic when i would've ended it in 1 blow WITH 1 HAND on a portable device.

All modern FF titles are better than Crisis Core. All of them.

They should've just made that shit into a movie, the cinematics were the only good parts.

@Marginal, FF8 sucks so that list is moot

No. I never could find it. Then again I didn't really do a lot of the extras other than Cloud, the giant robot, and Beowulf's quest. And it has been Oh, longer than two years for me since I played tactics. Not trying to look better but it's the truth.

i didn't go berserk at all, let alone because people like something i don't. I didn't say why the game sucked before when someone asked and now im answering it.

The only thing i said that's close to that was the FF8 thing and if you think that comment is going berserk, get off the internet.

Another protip, avoid random encounters by entering them and winning with your eyes closed.
Crisis Core was garbage.
Also how is a game officially the best or worst? Do you go average every games rating from every official rating system that rated it?

I didn't list FFIX. (Officially that's the worst FF ever made.) That should tell you my list is the most legit.

Also Crisis Core was excellent. Protip: Avoid random encounters by hugging the walls.

Crisis Core is a very love/hate game. I enjoyed it, but I understand why others didn't, especially if you compare the gameplay to BBS, which followed not too long after.

Back