There were no "Good old days". SC Changes (often and drastically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let him be. He'll find that perfect fighting game out there somewhere, I'm sure.
its just that his complete 180 baffles me, i look at his signature and i see that he has sold his game and quit the entire sc series for good, then praises sc4 for requiring skill to play. i just dont get it

Some dudes act like females on their period. I don't see why it's so hard to just leave and be done with it. The fact that someone has to ban you just makes you look like a upset bitch from my point of view.

That's not a 180, that's true colors. Rule of thumb here: if they're constantly bitching about playing a game they don't like, they are a whiny bitch that refuses to believe people have enough sense or freedom to disagree with their bitching. So they ragequit. This is one of those cases where even I saw it coming, and that's pretty sad that it was that obvious. I really prefer being wrong -.-

Correction, Street Fighter has experimented before and still does. You ever hear of the games Street Fighter EX and Street Fighter 3?
and Street Fighter the movie....*sighs*

Just wanted to put that out there.
I guess so. But it sure does not change enough for me to notice a big enough difference at least.

@sukymaw Facts are facts, and how you interprit those facts are just your "opinion". And whats wrong with "bitching"? Every time a thread exsists about not liking SC5, it gets shut down because ranting idiots troll it. honestly, will SC5 be remembered as one of the games from "the good old days"? lol, i doubt it. of course every game changes but the changes in SC5 are drastic and the game is unfinished. and JustinAkatsuki knows how to play the game so calling him scrub is pointless. if someone doesnt like SC5, you cant prove them wrong cause its all just opinions. pointless, pointless, pointless

Have you seen what a wasteland it is around here? The only way to combat ignorance is with evidence. So, I have provided it. The being a jerk part is a personal touch.

It would be nice if facts could just speak for themselves. But the way you convey your facts unfortunately seems to muddle the reception. I've seen threads like this play out the same way time and time again with one constant summed up by your own words in bold. Then, you get up on your cross as the poor martyr for just trying to share facts. You get to be your own prophet and then goad others into fulfilling your prophecy. All for what? A cerebral smack down metered out to those who have different opinions or are less informed at a video game? Add your personal touch all you want, you know what you're doing and I disagree with it. Try adding a personable touch and you might be amazed that gaining a little respect from fellow gamers may make them more receptive to your message. Not for me, not for yourself, but for the community.

The idea is lovely, but really works no better than Idles approach. Both approaches fail because the folks that need to realize these things are too stubborn to pay any heed to any evidence that goes against their opinions, regardless of how mountainous that pile of evidence is. If the change does not come from within, it does not come at all. We can't force it. Topics like these(as well as those representing the dissenting opinions) are effectively circlejerks. Doesn't even matter who's right or what's right, no one is going to change their mind about it; we all just keep believing what we want to believe and that just goes on until the whiners leave and the folks that like the game have their own circle of confirmation. Right? If there's a reason to lock this topic, the fact that it's a circlejerk should be the key thing. The other aspects of it are certainly annoying, but the key thing is the uselessness of it existing. Oh lookie, Idle decided to throw a reality check at us scrubs without sugarcoating. I'm sure all those butthurt by how much of a gamebreaker Nightmare is will listen and change their views completely!

Yeah, of course I'm a hypocrite. I don't care.

Fine, it's a matter of personal preference. My preference is a well mannered and respectful circle-jerk with lube, scented oils, and moist toilettes. Others prefer it rough and messy. Either way, somebody's got to clean up all that jizz.

I'm pretty satisfied with the way this turned out.

Also, cling onto opinion, especially when it's all you have left. Opinions can't be wrong!

Really, I would expect more from someone who done a scientific thesis about the evolution of a series, to end up in a flames war.
Anyway I don't quite understand how people get antagonize just for showing they opinions, no matter how harsh they do this.

Kind of like... it's a Sucking Maw from which there is no escape?

images

no escape.....

Anyway I don't quite understand how people get antagonize just for showing they opinions, no matter how harsh they do this.

There are lots of reasons.

The opinion is represented as fact.
Misinformation is presented in supporting the opinion.
The opinion is presented as something we all supposedly agree with either openly or 'deep down'

That's just 3 ways opinions can piss me off. I'm sure I could think up more.

Some dudes act like females on their period. I don't see why it's so hard to just leave and be done with it. The fact that someone has to ban you just makes you look like a upset bitch from my point of view.
I'm a horrible friend if I don't say something. Justin has put alot of time and effort into the game. He has repeatedly drop and come back to the game and he has done his best to try and enjoy it. But the end result is that SCV is just not the one for him. He was a huge fan of the series and he is a great player. I couldn't get the chance to play him but I've seen his matches and his contributions to the SA. Not to mention, he was very helpful when it came to helping others learn. When I decided to main Zwei, he helped me out alot and I was too shy to ask around at the Zwei SA.

The reason he's lashing out may be from his great disappointment in the game. Hate and love are just two different sides of the same coin. The more you love something, the more you hate it when it disappoints you. I'm no psychatrist but I'm assuming that's how he feels.

@Justin, I feel for you but you've gone overboard with your last post. I know you're angry but telling all the admins and mods to f*** off is out of line and I disagree with your recent behaviors. Where's that nice guy I first met? That's the real justin I know so please, if you don't agree with something that use valid arguments instead of lashing out.

The only thing I have to say about the change in gameplay is that I hope the damage will be lower. I prefer the old dmg ratio in the old games but that's just me and I'm not qualified enough to say more about the system's changes from its prequels.

That's all well and good but he isn't the only one around here willing to help people. His previous actions doesn't excuse such blatant bitching either. When I don't like stuff I sell it and move on. I don't try to get people to justify my feelings on the matter because I don't give a fuck what people think in the first place.

In all honesty I saw this coming awhile back lol. Guess I should main Viola maybe?

That's all well and good but he isn't the only one around here willing to help people. His previous actions doesn't excuse such blatant bitching either. When I don't like stuff I sell it and move on. I don't try to get people to justify my feelings on the matter because I don't give a fuck what people think in the first place.

In all honesty I saw this coming awhile back lol. Guess I should main Viola maybe?
Like I said, I disagree with his current attitude these days and I don't condone it either. It makes me rather sad actually. However, I'm still his friend and I owe him for the things he's done for me so I had to say something.

Lol, I'd rather you main Mitsu instead. There's too many Violas.

Hey. Hey guys. SCV sucks cause I don't like it. Argue with that reasoning bitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back