There were no "Good old days". SC Changes (often and drastically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've always said before. People hate change. They wouldn't care if the game was the exact same as before but better graphics and more characters. They'll still buy it. Quite a few on here will too.

However, be ready for those reviewers to come by and bash it like they always do with Dynasty Warriors.

i like change but i also feel comfortable when things feel familiar. however i think Dynasty Warriors really needs change. That game has so much undeveloped potential.

i like change but i also feel comfortable when things feel familiar. however i think Dynasty Warriors really needs change. That game has so much undeveloped potential.
They've done it before with DW6, but fans hated it, but of course there were other factors to it too.

Like I've always said before. People hate change. They wouldn't care if the game was the exact same as before but better graphics and more characters. They'll still buy it. Quite a few on here will too.

However, be ready for those reviewers to come by and bash it like they always do with Dynasty Warriors.
And this is the reason Tekken and Street Fighter sell so well. No other fighting game i have played made me relearn everything with a character like SC. There is more new characters in SCV then people give credit for.

Actually I wouldn't count Natsu as new for any other reason than she ain't got ridiculous tits.

^Does anyone else find Tekken and Street Fighter boring and stagnant? Just wondering...
i do, but ive never been a tekken fan . tekken6 is the only tekken game i own but i stopped playing it about 2 months after i bought it. I bought Street Fighter 4 but it just didnt have enough meat on it. i only played StreetFighterxTekken once on the Vita but the fights seemed to drag on a little too much, but id still want to try it some more times.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the changes between each Soul Cal game. SC3 is my favorite (mostly because that's the one I spent the most time in back in the day), but I'd say that SCV actually has the best core gameplay mechanics overall (personal opinion, of course). The only reason I wouldn't necessarily say it's a better game is because of how rushed it was. If they focused more on the single player aspects, which they would've if they had more time, I would have easily been able to say it's the best one to date. If they managed to finish the storyline and even potentially reintroduced Chronicles of the Sword (or created an equally enthralling single player mode), the fanbase likely would've soared.

I'd have loved if they rushed it out like they did, but went back into design mode to release the rest as DLC. Rather than a basically storyless game with a bunch of characters nobody can relate to because they have no idea who they are. Not to mention the game doesn't offer much to players without online capabilities. In this regard, the games have gone downhill fast since SC3, and I'd call the older SC games the "good old days" for that fact, rather than for gameplay. I'm hoping they can fix that if they go for a Soul Calibur 6.

^Does anyone else find Tekken and Street Fighter boring and stagnant? Just wondering...
That's how most extremely popular games are. Why do you think COD sells ridiculously high numbers every years. It's literally the same game each year but one has Zombies and one doesn't. That is a hustle I would love to get in on personally.

it's like music, people keeps listening mainstream artists like Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry who always do the same shitty stuff, but that doesn't mean they are the best musicians, they are not, by far. Soul Calibur is better than Tekken and Street Fighter in many ways, the first one being that Soulcalibur is unique.

My wife wishes I hated this game. There hasn't been another in my 360 since the release date. It's the only game (including previous installments) that I've ever paid full price for. I don't have to be in a clique or a hierarchy to enjoy it. Actually, the more I think I suck the more I obsess and run scenarios in my head when I'm not home playing. I could be chastised and outcast by this community and recognized as the worst player ever. Still wouldn't be able to take the enjoyment away from me. It kind of pisses me off really. I'm an addict.

The last Tekken game I owned was TTT and that was 2006. I Bought SSF4 in Christmas 2010. Sc is still my favorite fighting game. I Was thinking of trying TTT2, by from what I've heard, it's garbage.

Sc5 has it's fair share of problems too. Prove to me you're not biased and do a write-up on sc5's flaws.

All I gotta say is some different people pick different poisons. Some may not like the specific odor that sc5 leaves in their nostrils.

For me it's a bit sour and plain, but still satisfying and hearty.

^
cfcb3a8e-0678-4c95-a3a1-78c7eba53bb5.jpg

XD...I kid.

I have never once said SCV is without flaws but I wouldn't bother with a right up just so someone can say "Viola iz teh the most broken character in existence" because they can't deal with the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back