[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Discussion in 'The Rest of Americas' started by SuicideBubbles, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neorussell

neorussell [10] Knight

Seems to me that there's no problem to allow Devil Jin. Everything being decided right now is pure speculation.
    When the actual game comes out, i'm sure we can deduct from our own experience if DVJ can be allowed.

--
    Being a Tekken player, he doesn't look broke and he's an actual mid-size character from the looks of it.

NeoRussell

2. page

page [11] Champion

Being a Tekken hater, Heihachi was totally legit in SC2.

Since Daishi thinks he's a legit character maybe they'll do the right thing and release some free dlc with a standard model. Rich says you can't unlock Harada, so the only other option is default cas characters. If all you want to do is bring in Tekken fans because they like and are familiar with the character and are excited to use him, then forcing them to play or watch some terrible and boring looking cas character is basically the opposite of enticing.

3. franman

franman [12] Conqueror

I'm bored so I might as well say this. I've order the HORI Fighting commander pro 3 from Amazon.

4. Ooofmatic

Ooofmatic World Warrior

PSN:
    da_Damps
    XBL:
    Ooofmatic
    A new era, a new thread!

First of all I'd like to welcome any new players to our community. We may troll and be rowdy here at times, but I assure you we are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet in person.

Our local public venue is A&C World, it's located at 702a Spadina Ave. They usually have fighting game casuals every Wednesday from 3pm to 10pm, and it's always a $5 entry fee to play for the day.

Of course, you don't have to only go on Wednesdays, A&C welcomes people to play any day of the week. Just let others know you're going because it's not guaranteed that there will always be Soul Calibur players there on non-Wednesdays!

So here's the deal: win a tournament, decide what to change the thread title to. You can make it whatever you want as long as it's not offensive! Use it as a way to smack talk or big yourself up. All in good competitive fun!

Don't forget to join the Toronto Soul Calibur facebook group!

Now... let the Battles begin...!

[​IMG]

Hussler, C_3, franman and 1 other person like this.
  5. Barry

Barry [10] Knight

Keep your posts clean & constructive kids.

Also remember that you want to draw newer players to community (not the other way around)

btw if you did not purchase the collectors edition take a look at the below video and weep!.

Haeven, Eli123s and Hussler like this.
  6. TerminatorCortez

TerminatorCortez [10] Knight

I wish good luck to the toronto community and lets hope that soul calibur V will bring more players.

7. page

page [11] Champion

My last thread was better. I don't even want to post in this one.

8. C_3

C_3 [07] Duelist

I might go to A&C tomorrow and if not, definitely Monday.

Eli123s and Stryder like this.
  9. TerminatorCortez

TerminatorCortez [10] Knight

btw guys i send a message to jaxel asking if Canada could have a sub forum instead of being part of the rest of america's. How can we be the rest of america's if we are the biggest part in america.

darkwings13 and Stryder like this.
  10. Hussler

Hussler Hilde SA Mod

Hi Toronto!
    I introduced myself here, but there really isn't much to read there.
    I'm new to Toronto, 8WR, and the SC scene, but I'm really looking forward to taking SCV competitively. I'm relatively new to SC though, so I'm gonna spend the first couple weeks just learning it haha.
    The good: A&C Games is really close to where I live, so I'll be coming down to play a lot.
    The bad: I have class until 8pm on Wednesday's, so I don't know if I can make it to many of the casuals :( (damn!)

Go Leafs. This game is gonna rock.

PS: ^^ agreed, there needs to be a canada section!

EDIT: OMG Barry's from Toronto!? Dude, I watched you on the streams!

Eli123s, C_3, OOFMATIC and 3 others like this.
    • Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

SCPartisan Silver Legion

Welcome aboard :D

@OOF - you might wanna include http://www.facebook.com/groups/246324848770602/ in the OP. Maybe include the roster thread too. Gonna work on something to spif it up soon :)

We might be the biggest county in North America, but our numbers are much lower compared to the US. Not really necessary to change it, but I suppose it can't hurt.

11. Hussler

Hussler Hilde SA Mod

Sweet, I just asked to join the group.
    Man... I need to sleep soon. That IGN tourney/stream really got my blood pumping haha.

• Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

SCPartisan Silver Legion

12. Stryder

Stryder [10] Knight

PSN:
    STRYDERcm

Welcome! Looking forward to playing SCV with you!

• Administrator
    • Premium Supporter

SCPartisan Silver Legion

Eli123s, Hussler and OOFMATIC like this.
  13. STD

STD [09] Warrior

welcome to the family!!!! we have cookies and ice cream!

Stryder likes this.
  14. C_3

C_3 [07] Duelist

In case anybody wants a change in scenery/a cheaper place to hang out, my house is available on certain days.... let me know if you are interested.

15. Eli123s

Eli123s when it rains, it pours

PSN:
    Eli123s
    Alight this is awesome clean start and we're getting even more new members. I guess I might see a few of you at A/C today.

16. gw8t3st

gw8t3st [08] Mercenary

DLC code from the video above:
    NRMF-8JN7-7FFM

C_3 likes this.
  17. Barry

Barry [10] Knight

That I am.

I would like to apologize in advance for being a total scrub on stream :(

Putting that aside...Welcome!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.