Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

... mixed with Petshop from Jojo's Bizarre adventure mixed with '03 Duo Lon mixed with MvC2 Sentinel/Magneto mixed with SF2T Akuma mixed with Metaknight mixed with T4 Jin Kazama mixed with T5 Steve mixed with MvC3 Zero....
...CONTINUE TO DIE!

I'd rather have SCIV Hilde mixed with Viola mixed with 3S Chun than have Talim back.

Slade....what?

I never heard of A talim 200+ DAM combos off a friggin poke.

"Viola does little damage", does more damage than Algol and Cervy combos

When Viola proves herself to be consistently and unambiguously better than everyone else in the game, then a ban can be considered. But not yet.

Peope only see combos with Viola..but what about everything else..... you may win a round by saving your meter and Tod someone , but you will never win a match like that, let alone a tourny

*Syn posting*

My Viola is ass. Kalas is staying with me. When I used non-tod Viola I lose every time to him. With tod Leixia, I beat him. I can't beat him with my main, so yes. You can win with it.

Also, 2 BEs = 170 damage, so yeah.

Viola's damage output on combos is a bit ridiculous, yes, but is it really fair to consider a ban just for that? She has several exploitable flaws otherwise. A lot of characters can out-space her at mid range, for starters. Her block punishment is pretty crappy too - moves like Hilde's A+B end up being completely safe on block without even needing to be spaced because AA and BB simply won't react. It's not even like Viola is the only character who can get absurd damage with 3 or 4 BEs - look at Astaroth.

SCV Viola is not comparable to SCIV Hilde - Hilde could theoretically ring you out from almost anywhere on the stage if you whiffed once. Whereas with these ultra-damage combos, you need to burn up all or at least most of your meter, and so you can't just do them whenever like you could charge combos.

If Viola starts dominating every tourney from here onwards, then I'll shut up and admit I was wrong. But until that happens, this is all mere speculation.

SCV Viola is not comparable to SCIV Hilde - Hilde could theoretically ring you out from almost anywhere on the stage if you whiffed once. Whereas with these ultra-damage combos, you need to burn up all or at least most of your meter, and so you can't just do them whenever like you could charge combos.

Viola is actually better than Hilde because she is not stage-dependent. Also, Hilde was a shitty block punisher as well, so what? Also, you only need ONE FUCKING BE to clear more than 120dmg (150dmg with the mid, and meter will regenerate). People please stop acting as if the problem are ONLY her doom-combos. It's even more the ridiculous damage she gets even with one BE.

The ban proposal in France seems much more reasonable now. I need to try these out for myself.

Viola is actually better than Hilde because she is not stage-dependent. Also, Hilde was a shitty block punisher as well, so what? Also, you only need ONE FUCKING BE to clear more than 120dmg (150dmg with the mid, and meter will regenerate). People please stop acting as if the problem are ONLY her doom-combos. It's even more the ridiculous damage she gets even with one BE.
I agree once again...even I say she's better than hilde. I don't get it....I mean its not THAT hard to figure out why there banning her...I mean when people say she shouldn't be because she hasn't won a major or EVO thats means nothing. Just gotta look at her tools, damage, and risk/reward which is absurd now. Im with belial tho earlier he said he feels patch 1.o4 doesn't seem like its coming....sadly none of the players brought this on themselves it was project soul and their rash decisions....

I have a hard time getting the B+K BE to come out after 6B+K hits.
any ideas?
Use 3K/3A as the combo starter.

Using iFC 2K seems like it has pretty tight timing or needs an RCC? I don't know, I don't play Viola XD

ed. yeah, the timing is very tight, that's all. If the ball comes to you too fast you're doing it too slow. iFC 2K fast enough so that you recover in time to hit B+K BE when the orb hits. 3K is easier to do, can help acclimate you with the sequence.

120 damage for a little low kick! Wow!

Use 3K/3A as the combo starter.

Using iFC 2K seems like it has pretty tight timing or needs an RCC? I don't know, I don't play Viola XD

ed. yeah, the timing is very tight, that's all. If the ball comes to you too fast you're doing it too slow. iFC 2K fast enough so that you recover in time to hit B+K BE when the orb hits. 3K is easier to do, can help acclimate you with the sequence.

120 damage for a little low kick! Wow!

What is RCC?
and thanks for info. Drake.

What is RCC?
and thanks for info. Drake.
Recover Crouch Cancel. But no, it doesn't look like it needs that, I think you just have to be fast.
If it helps, if you have an A+B+K button you can mash it after pressing B+K.

(I'm getting it a little more now... Sheesh...)

I wanted to see what the hubbub was about for myself... In theory, this is... some pretty scary stuff. Lot of things can go wrong, but...

Back