1 Costume a Day

hello, you work like hell to post your characters on a daily basis. I admire your enthusiasm ... Some of your characters have a beautiful color that suits them like for example Setsuka GOLDEN WIND ... good job overall.

Thank you so much! :) I really appreciate that!

I'm inspired by the artist @beeple. He uploads literally everyday and is doing that for almost 14 years now. After I watched a couple interviews of him, I started my #30DaysChallenge #1, which was successful in the end... and a lot of fun :) This is challenge #2 and so far, I have like 9 more days left. Not sure, if I wanna start antoher one after that, but I definetly wanna keep creating everday in order to make it a true habit and build my creative presence. Maybe I'll branch out into other stuff... who knows! For now tho, I'm still focussing on SCVI :)
-Bonus: Okubo retweeted my final post for challenge #1, which was a really nice extra motivation as well :D -

Thank you so much! :) I really appreciate that!

I'm inspired by the artist @beeple. He uploads literally everyday and is doing that for almost 14 years now. After I watched a couple interviews of him, I started my #30DaysChallenge #1, which was successful in the end... and a lot of fun :) This is challenge #2 and so far, I have like 9 more days left. Not sure, if I wanna start antoher one after that, but I definetly wanna keep creating everday in order to make it a true habit and build my creative presence. Maybe I'll branch out into other stuff... who knows! For now tho, I'm still focussing on SCVI :)
-Bonus: Okubo retweeted my final post for challenge #1, which was a really nice extra motivation as well :D -

This artist is really, really talented and sometimes a bit quirky in a good way, hopefully you will sharpen your creative sense here on soulcalibur. I imagine that you must also do well on paper when it comes to imagination ... !!!!

I like the Nubian-themed characters and the way you design them. Their designs maintain that look of being historical but heavily modified by fantasy, just like actual SC character designs. :)

I like the Nubian-themed characters and the way you design them. Their designs maintain that look of being historical but heavily modified by fantasy, just like actual SC character designs. :)
Thank you so much! You stated that beautifully! That's exactly what I'm going for. In fact, I like your description so much, I'll probably quote it anytime someone asks me about the style of these creations. Thank you for that :D

A bit of bonus info: A friend of mine inspired me to make a character with brown skin for SCVI, since we don't have many of them. While researching for historic characters/persons, I searched for Nubian queens/warriors/art/architecture among others.. and I liked the style a lot. Also it was very different from the stuff I usually create. So I just kept going. I have a lot of fun with them and I'm even thinking about creating some sort of storyline for them at some point... maybe when I'll get my gaming PC. Some japanese creators have done similar things with their creations, and I enjoyed them a lot :)

:D I'm flattered that you like the way I worded that! Happy to be of service, lol. Definitely use it to describe your work!

And I think that's really cool that you took something historic as your source of inspiration! :) I know there was a lot of talk in the past about the potential for a female dark-skinned character getting into SCVI (but that didn't happen and now just lives on as a joke on this site in some places). I find it refreshing to see a creative and sincere effort put into the theme of darker-skinned, ethnic-inspired character design. Keep going! 🙌

:D I'm flattered that you like the way I worded that! Happy to be of service, lol. Definitely use it to describe your work!

And I think that's really cool that you took something historic as your source of inspiration! :) I know there was a lot of talk in the past about the potential for a female dark-skinned character getting into SCVI (but that didn't happen and now just lives on as a joke on this site in some places). I find it refreshing to see a creative and sincere effort put into the theme of darker-skinned, ethnic-inspired character design. Keep going! 🙌

I'm glad to hear that :)

Thank you for your words and your support! I really appreciate it! :D

Yeah I would love to have dark-skinned Egyptian/Nubian Queen fighting with a khopesh or even a female assassin with SCV Ezio's fighting style. Hopefully there will be a season 3! (^^ゞ

Back