[10/19/2008] Games On San Diego Results

Yeah, no kidding. "I can't get CS or SS out on PS Pad" my ass :P JF or not it was still cool to see it actually put to use in a tourney.

Damnit i wish i was there to wow people with my ivy ask Dr tom i made him eat Cs/SS at least twice a round lol

hey Binkley, i'm not sure if there was a mess up with the losers brackets but I don't think i've ever had to go the gauntlet (2 matches in a row i think it was) + two 3-5 finals sets back to back like that. You might want to space it out a bit next time

You were coming from losers so there were actually no matches beyond yours at a certain point. However, you do have a point and next time I'll ask the players if they want a break(5 mins) for loser's semis/finals and grand finals. I actually thought I did this but in the rush of everything I may have forgotten.

This isn't really so much a complaint as it is a suggestion and question, but what does everyone think about doing concurrent winners/losers brackets (I'm assuming that's how things were done)? I'm sure it was awkward for more than a few people in winners to wait quite a while in between their matches... if we just did losers and winners separately (one first then the other) it might help people stay in their flow as opposed to warming up for every match. I could be talking out of my ass 'cause I didn't ask how the brackets were run but it's just a question for the attendees.

This isn't really so much a complaint as it is a suggestion and question, but what does everyone think about doing concurrent winners/losers brackets (I'm assuming that's how things were done)? I'm sure it was awkward for more than a few people in winners to wait quite a while in between their matches... if we just did losers and winners separately (one first then the other) it might help people stay in their flow as opposed to warming up for every match. I could be talking out of my ass 'cause I didn't ask how the brackets were run but it's just a question for the attendees.

Thats why you lose purposely midway throught the bracket so you can have double fun!

But yeah i understand your point of veiw, so people dont have to wait as long.

The big limiting factor was having only 3 stations available. When you have 16 matches per side to go through before the next round, it takes time. Having more stations would help the speed things up, but all in all I thought the tourney was ran well, considering the circumstances.

At least it didn't end up like the SC4 tourney at SB3 last weekend, where people had to wait 4 hours between matches.

Edit: For those wondering about the HDMI/component lag that popped up, this looks like a good read. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=94426

Yeah, I'm not saying that it didn't go well, I'm just looking at what could be done so next time's even better. More setups would definitely be a plus next time... but considering how most of us in carpooled the room for bringing down setups will be rough.

Yeah, no kidding. "I can't get CS or SS out on PS Pad" my ass :P JF or not it was still cool to see it actually put to use in a tourney.

I only got to use it during a match twice (?) lol. I need a modded 360 controller that will work on ps3.. :( Paying $$ for one :p

Next time we plan to have 3x HDMI hook up so lag shouldn't be a factor...and then the tourney should run even quicker.

But yes the big limiting factor is 3x stations, which is still great btw. I've run tournaments with ONE station.

im so pissed i missed this.... damn alarm clock

btw, good shit to rickstah

top 4 by pissing people off... 'tis the right way to play

I posted at cf.com, but props to all the placers, especially Duragon for winning it all. MoTempest had the smoothest play-style there IMHO; his Taki setups are a lot of fun to watch develop during a match. Congrats on snagging 2nd place.

Binkley, I think he was talking about the fact that he had to go 3/5 in the loser's semi-finals... isn't that supposed to be 2/3? He won the first two, then his opponent won two, but he won the 5th match in the end. Some of us watching that fight were saying that it might be disputed had he ended up losing the 5th match since loser's semis are usually 2/3.

I posted at cf.com, but props to all the placers, especially Duragon for winning it all. MoTempest had the smoothest play-style there IMHO; his Taki setups are a lot of fun to watch develop during a match. Congrats on snagging 2nd place.

Binkley, I think he was talking about the fact that he had to go 3/5 in the loser's semi-finals... isn't that supposed to be 2/3? He won the first two, then his opponent won two, but he won the 5th match in the end. Some of us watching that fight were saying that it might be disputed had he ended up losing the 5th match since loser's semis are usually 2/3.

are you talking about the match Link and I had? we did go 3/5, but the score was 3-1. unless his match before that was 3/5, which i'm pretty sure wasn't the case.

but i agree, my match with link could have been 2/3, then start the 3/5 sets with the top 3. that's how i usually did it when i ran tournaments, anyways.

I might be mis-reading this, this indicated 3/5 for winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.

However from this forum we see 3/5 for winner's semis and 4/7 for grand finals.

Looking at the announcement I posted up it says 3/5 for losers/winners finals and 3/5 for grand finals. I followed the announcement on the tourney day.

I'll get this sorted out and the next tourney will mirror whatever the rule set is for regionals.

even though the live feed was choppy i always enjoy watching Vicious get owned from the comfort of my apartment lol

Back