10/29/08 UMBC Weekly Results

Hudathan

[09] Warrior
Good games tonight. Props to Prometheus for showing up for the first time and taking it all. Hope you'll join us on a regular basis. There were 15 entrants and the tournament went quite smooth. Check out the full brackets for the blow-by-blow. Highlights of the night include the long awaited hype match between Minerva SC and Steve Harrison, whom Minerva claimed was dodging him. Steve 'Ring Out' Harrison lived up to his name with six straight rounds of RO victories and videos will be posted soon. And to add to the excitement, Wallstreet's debut Taki took Starwinderbeta on a ride and fought it to the distance, exposing SWBeta for what we know he is. (<3) Note that Danger defeated The Blackstar in losers but forfeited the rest of the tournament since he had to leave, so The Blackstar was allowed to continue in his place out of friendly consideration, thus the reason why their actual rankings below are switched when compared to the brackets.

1st Promiethius :sc4nm1: :sc4set2:

2nd HuDaThaN :sc4rap1: :sc1ast1:

3rd Kutsuki :sc4sig1:

4th Moroha :sc4cas1:

5th SWBeta :sc4nm1: :sc4roc1: / Dangerous :sc2liz5:

7th Steve Harrison :sc4nm1: / Coma :sc1tak1:

9th Minerva SC :sc2xia1: / Wallstreet :sc1tak1: / The Blackstar :sc4sig1: :sc4cas1: / Lopez :sc1ast1:

13th JW :sc1tak1: / Robin :sc1kil1: / Waspinator :sc2maxi2:

Beta vs Wallstreet was the highlight of the night easily. Good to see everyone is wising up to Beta's gimmicks, well played on Wallstreets part, that was some grade A Taki entertainment.

My match vs Steve Harrison was pretty awful. I tried to play against him like Beta's NM but it didn't work out to well, was just pushed to to the edge everytime. One of these days I'll stop trying to hit NM out of some of his crap and just guard all of it like Huda did vs. Harrison. I was just dissapointed I didn't put on a better show, 2 minute set FTL.

Props to Prometheus for showing up out of no where and owning everyone. I though I had your NM down after the 2nd match then you went and switched it up on me with Setsuka. Good stuff.

Good matches by everyone tonight accept Beta, just played his usual awful game, picking Rock and shit against people he deemed not worthy of his time. What an asshole.

Good games to all. It was fun playing everyone there. I will try to make it again for next weeks tournament and rep VA better.

If im not busy, ill try and come again. GG's everyone.

^_^; I made alot of mistakes in finals, GS KK and GS A+B weren't when they were supposed to....lame.
I'd like to see videos aswell.. >.>; I was very surprised to see Nightmare was so popular.. most of the time when I go to tournaments hes never ever played at all...so it was definitely hard winning since mostly everyone knew how to deal with Nightmares shinanigans.

I didn't shutdown Nightmare very effectively and got pushed around more than I should have. But at the end of the day you were able to beat people who were familiar with him so solid shit all around. We just have to step up our game accordingly.

did any matches get recorded other than me vs Harrison? I think Beta might of been lazy that day.

and yeah apparently everyones loves NM in Maryland, the thing is you all play him differently, so it takes awhile to adjust. It's all a big conspiracy if you ask me.

Beta vs Wallstreet was the highlight of the night easily. Good to see everyone is wising up to Beta's gimmicks, well played on Wallstreets part, that was some grade A Taki entertainment.

My match vs Steve Harrison was pretty awful. I tried to play against him like Beta's NM but it didn't work out to well, was just pushed to to the edge everytime. One of these days I'll stop trying to hit NM out of some of his crap and just guard all of it like Huda did vs. Harrison. I was just dissapointed I didn't put on a better show, 2 minute set FTL.

Props to Prometheus for showing up out of no where and owning everyone. I though I had your NM down after the 2nd match then you went and switched it up on me with Setsuka. Good stuff.

Good matches by everyone tonight accept Beta, just played his usual awful game, picking Rock and shit against people he deemed not worthy of his time. What an asshole.

Thanks for the compliments, I'll be trying to up my Taki game. Good shit to everyone, except beta. He's still trash

Not if the brackets keep working out the way they do. I hit seed by location and we're in the same half anyway.

SEED BY LOCATION put UMBC vs UMBC for the second time in a row. Had to fight Huda 2nd round and then Moroha 3rd round -.-

Props to Promiethius I almost had you that final round but dropped it and pretty much dropped the rest of the tournament. Thanks for coming.

It's ok though because I won the side bet in SWBeta vs Wallstreet <3

Wow, looks like I missed some fun. Grats to the winners, some new faces, very exciting.
Sorry norVA was MIA for the most part, but Dakkon got sick, JoeShimitsu got tired, and I got ganked by work.

A bunch of people are really interested in coming up next week, and I am glad to see BlackStar made it up as well, not to mention other new faces.

Hopefully we can all get our confirmations in Monday, Tuesday at the latest next week, so we can make this coming Wednesday the biggest tournament yet!

To HudaThan and SWB, what are the chances we can get 3 stations (+ whatever Xbox 360 setups my group can bring) ?

I imagine that filling a majority of a 32 man bracket is 2-3 months away, and previous experience is that you need approx 1 station per 10 people if you want to finish a double-elim bracket in under 3 hours.

Looking forward to next Wednesday ...

Right now it isn't the amount of TVs that holds us back but rather the availability of sticks/converters. People still don't bring their own shit and it's already hectic trying to move converters/pads/sticks around and keep matches going on just two TVs.

I want to go next week however if I do arrive it will be late that evening. If anyone wants to play this weekend PM me I am available to play all weekend.

Lets do teams next time too, we should start alil earlier, I think that would be awesome.

Nightmares, LETS DO IT.

Me, Steve harrison, SWBeta. Sounds AWESOME.

We can try to make next week a team tournament if enough people shows up to fill a few teams. If not we can always do singles.

Back