2 weeks until FSAK, awww snap!

So it seems like not that many people want to take advantage of the blogging functionality on 8WayRun. I do hope more members take advantage of it. It’s a good opportunity to let people know more about yourself and what’s on your mind. I started using the function on SRK, but now that section is filled with spam and nonsense. Now with 8WayRun upgraded to v4.0.6, it’s offering a fresh start for me where I can get rid of some boredom and people can read what I write.

Today, I wanted to write about what had me hyped this morning. When I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that Full Speed Aerial Kicks was just two weeks away, I was like daaaaammmmmnnnnn, it will be here before you know it. I really see FSAK as an event that could really get people interested in Calibur again if they haven’t played the game in a while.

What has me most excited is the format for the main tournament which is a large scale round robin where everyone plays each other if you don't know what a round robin is. I’m looking forward to that because usually when I am in these double elimination brackets, my first match is usually against someone who either ends up winning the entire tournament or comes in 2nd which jacks me all up. With the round robin, I will have a better idea at where I rank against those who do show up.

Here in Philadelphia, I ran a weekly round robin for a while and had a lot of fun doing so because I got to play everyone that showed up, so the round robin at FSAK has me hyped since it looks to be six to 7 times larger. I have no idea how I am going to place, all I know is that I won’t be in last place. I also have no idea who I will beat in the tournament, but whoever loses to me, I’m talking mad trash so be ready for that.

But what I am really looking forward to is another opportunity to get together with the Soul Calibur community and have a lot of fun over that weekend, as well as being able to meet some new faces so that they can see why this game was meant to be played offline. When the community gets together, it’s usually a party. At least it’s that way where I be at. Add alcohol to the mix and I’m sure things will get pretty wild, especially at the hotel.

For the new players who may be reading this, there’s nothing else like hanging out with those who also love this game. So come out sometime and join us if you are in the area. If you can’t make it, then due tune into the live stream that should be up. And if you are going to be at FSAK, then get hype because it’s going to be one hell of a good time. I can't wait.

I do a TON of anti-spam work here. I delete about 10 accounts A DAY. People think its easy to run this community; but thats only because I make it look easy. SRK's community is WAY too big at this point; they would need to hire someone to work round-the-clock to combat the spam I imagine they get there. I even wrote some VB mods for other admins to help them combat spam:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248560

isn't it more like a week?

not trying to be smart, but I want to make sure in case i do get to snatch up a last-minute plane ticket....

edit: sorry, just seen on the actual blog that this was originally posted almost a week ago >__<....

Back