4A+B~A+B glitch

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but sometimes when I pick up my opponent with 4A+B, and do A+B, he launches them into the air but does not do his rising hand animation. So it seems like I get a bunch of extra frames to do what I want after that. I've been trying to figure out how its done but have had no luck so far. This seems like a useful little trick because it could open up more combo/ringout potential, and I don't think the Force is used when it happens.

4A+B, A+B glitch

would love to know how to do it without force using force, hasnt happened to me, well not tat ive noticed anyways lol.

4A+B, A+B glitch

perhaps it was off of a certain combo, vader's 44B+K, *A+B* won't hit if the 44B+K is done off of BB etc... never seen this yet but i'll keep an eye out...

4A+B, A+B glitch

it happened again to me last night. i think if u imput 8A+B really late it doesnt take the force.(I am at work cant test it right now) but try the second imput as late as possible.Somebody hit me back if any results.

4A+B, A+B glitch

I just found an interesting glitch that might be somewhat related to the glitch I mentioned in my original post.

Force pickup: 4A+B~1_7A+B (instead of 4A+B~A+B)

What happens is instead of Vader waving his hand upwards and saying "Witness the power of the Force!" (if you play the game in english), he waves it backwards and says nothing (like when you do 4A+B~4A+B), and the opponent still gets sent flying upwards.

Launching them up with 1_7A+B will take slightly more Force then doing it the normal way, and the recovery is slightly slower, but 11_77B is still guaranteed, and even doing 1BA won't require timing. Also the A+B followup won't come out, unlike how it would normally.

It's not really a useful alternative, but I find it to be an interesting glitch, which I'll have to look into a bit more.

Aside from this glitch there are two others that are unknown. The one that I mentioned in my original post, where he launches you up with 4A+B~A+B but does not wave his arm up or use any Force to do it, and another one, which he does the animation, but the opponent somehow escapes it and doesn't get sent flying, leaving Vader vulnerable. I've done both these glitches by accident a few times, but I've never been able to replicate them in training mode. =\

4A+B, A+B glitch

Hmmm this is interesting ill test around with it also :) still wanna play you somtime OOF.

4A+B, A+B glitch

I've actually experienced the glitch you mentioned where the opponent doesn't get launched by the A+B, I was fighting my GF's Shura and she was trying to escape which I thought to be futile, yet somehow she broke free, much to my dismay, proceeded to finish me off while I tried to explain to her you can't do that, lol.

4A+B, A+B glitch

Force pickup: 4A+B~1_7A+B (instead of 4A+B~A+B)

Almost the same thing happens with 4A+B~3_9A+B, except this one can be useful in a few cases. It uses the same amount of force as 4A+B~A+B, does the animation for 6A+B, but if the opponent is too far away for 6A+B to AT or poke then they will be launched like A+B. As with 4A+B~1_7A+B you have less frames to act, but can still combo into 11B for damage, or 1B for RO.

Because of how far 6A+B steps after 4A+B, the only way this can be useful is when (for some unknown reason) you 4A+B at it's tip range. 4A+B(tip)~3_9A+B, 1B is a good, cheap RO combo for example. It's cheaper than doing 4A+B(tip)~A+B, step forward, 4A+B~A+B, (RO move) at least.

Only thing is the setup. The only way I can see this scenario coming up is if you WR aG and hit with A+B/1A+B.

4A+B, A+B glitch

Very nice find Eyce_Theon!

Some observations after testing it out:

It seems like 4A+B~3_9A+B uses slightly less force when you send them up then if you do 4A+B~A+B.

If you stab them without it going into the attack throw, the hit effect is different with 3_9A+B (it will ringout), and it's slightly less damage (12 instead of 15).

4A+B, A+B glitch

It seems like 4A+B~3_9A+B uses slightly less force when you send them up then if you do 4A+B~A+B.

If you stab them without it going into the attack throw, the hit effect is different with 3_9A+B (it will ringout), and it's slightly less damage (12 instead of 15).

Really? That's interesting (and even useful) stuff, I didn't get much time to test it myself. I'll mess with it more later on, I'm also trying to find the source of that glitch in your first post.

4A+B, A+B glitch

I just did the second unknown glitch. Here's a video:

What I was trying to do when I pulled it off was 4A+B~A+B+G. I'm not sure if that is what caused it, or if it was just a timing thing, or both, but I haven't been able to do it again.

It's not really useful though, since it causes you to get punished, but at least we now know that it's not a 'real' escape that requires the opponent to input something.

I'm not sure about this because I cant get to my 360 for a few hours, but I think I know what's going on with the diagonal glitches. I'm pretty sure it's not the move being varied, but both moves activating with seperate effects.

The logic of 4A+B~?A+B's coding is probably written like this:
*If 1_4_7 is held, do 4A+B.
*If 3_6_9 is held, do 6A+B.
*If 2_5_8 is held, do A+B (animation).
*If 4 or 6 is NOT held, do A+B (actual move). {<--the error}

I'm also thinking that A+B starts a few frames before 4A+B or 6A+B do - this explains the variance you mentioned in 4A+B~3_9A+B. A tip stab will ring out because the enemy is no longer in 4A+B's hold, but 4A+B~A+B's toss, which many moves can ring out from. This also explains the damage reduction, since another move is being added. Logically, 4A+B~1_7A+B is a bad option since 4A+B~4A+B can only pull an enemy towards you if they're still held by 4A+B - instead they're in 4A+B~A+B, and it's a wasted move.

And about the failed 4A+B~A+B, it could be replicated in Recorded Command? Maybe it ties into my theory above - somehow activating the A+B animation, but not the move. If I'm right, holding 4 and 8 at the same time would do it, but of course that's impossible, lol. Not sure what the real cause is, maybe it's accidentally tied into force cancelling...

EDIT: I just realized, maybe 4A+B~6A+B is just activating a standard move (3B+K?) that has special properties (the AT) only in 4A+B's hold. All this makes perfect sense so far, I wonder if it's any help in explaining the original glitch in question...

That's an interesting theory. I tried doing what you mentioned, I held 4 and 8 at the same time by using the dpad and analog stick together, and it didn't work. Seems like the dpad takes priority and cancels out the analog stick when they're used together. But even so, I don't think that's what triggered that particular glitch. I'm pretty sure I wasn't touching the dpad at all when I did it.

Also, I don't think 4A+B~6A+B activates a standard move like you said. I'm pretty sure it's an original move, that can't be done on it's own.

That's an interesting theory. I tried doing what you mentioned, I held 4 and 8 at the same time by using the dpad and analog stick together, and it didn't work. Seems like the dpad takes priority and cancels out the analog stick when they're used together. But even so, I don't think that's what triggered that particular glitch. I'm pretty sure I wasn't touching the dpad at all when I did it.

Also, I don't think 4A+B~6A+B activates a standard move like you said. I'm pretty sure it's an original move, that can't be done on it's own.
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that you held two directions, I was just thinking of what might happen theoretically. It's not possible of course, because the game would override one direction with another, or turn it into a diagonal or something.

And I can't remember what exact move resembles 4A+B~6A+B, but it'd be pretty easy to test if it's the same move; have Algol shoot a slow bubble, knock him down and 4A+B so that the bubble hits Vader during the animation, then do 4B/3B/3B+K, whatever it might be, it might do the AT. Not that this is important at all (or even on topic), I just remember the animation matched one of his regular moves and wondered if it was the same move.

A lot of Vader's moves look similar but they aren't quite the exact same. I really doubt that he has that move on its own...

I have a theory on the two remaining unknown glitches...

If you do the 4A+B force pickup on its own without a followup, Vader puts the opponent down. Say for example that move by itself lasts 100 frames. So if you don't do a followup, on frame 101 he will begin to put them down. But if the window to input a followup move lasts one frame longer than the animation window (from 1 to 101), then I think if you press A+B right on frame 101, Vader still does his animation, but the opponent won't fly up, because they already began their animation of being dropped to the floor.

Same theory can be applied to the other glitch.. say for example after you press 4A+B, the first 10 frames the previously stated 1-101 frame input window are inactive. So the input window would be from 11 to 101. But if the window actually began on frame 10 instead of 11, and you press A+B right on frame 10, then Vader won't do his character animation, but the opponent will still fly up.

Not sure if that makes much sense but those are the best examples I could come up with. I really think that those two glitches require JF-like timing to pull off, and are not something that a person can do consistently.

That's definitely a possibility, and it would be pretty inhuman to do consistently if that were true. I've never had either of those two glitches yet, so I don't know what people's hands were doing when they've done it by accident.

And through more thought - you said the A+B with no animation also costs no force. 4A+B~1_7A+B/3_9A+B seems to take just as much force as 4A+B~4A+B/6A+B, so it's pretty obvious that the force taken is tied to the animation as opposed to the move.

Basically, the animation and action of 4A+B~A+B count as seperate moves, which (technically) have the same input. If the frame window of the two differ in any way like you said, it could be the cause of both glitches. I'm starting to think this is the cause too...the frame window of the move could be one frame behind the frame window of the animation, causing both the throw-without-animation and animation-without-throw glitches.

Ugh, still a few hours until I can get to my 360 to test things out.

EDIT: I just got back, and almost immediately replicated the animation-without-throw glitch on Recorded Command too. I just inputted 4A+B~A+B as late as possible, and 1P didn't get thrown. I also put the computer on the 1P side just to make sure it wasn't a 2P side glitch, and it works there too. I'll be experimenting to try and find the throw-without-animation for a while now.

EDIT: Well, I got the timing down for the animation-without-throw glitch, you have to input A+B the exact moment Vader's fist starts to come back down from 4A+B. I think it's happening because the 4A+B hold is actually over, and they're falling to the ground...meaning one of two things. As you said before, the timing window for the A+B animation and move could be off a bit, or the timing window for the whole move could extend one frame past the 4A+B hold, making it a null move (like the force pull in 4A+B~1_7A+B).

I never did find out what caused the throw-without-animation glitch. It never happened to me once, actually. If anyone here has had it happen to them in the past and remembers anything unique about the situation it happened in, please post it here. I would still love to find out what causes it, I just don't have any leads is all.

so im confusez... as long as u time the force hold... what exactly? do you not use force? if i spend time learning this are they just going to patch it? cuz that would be lame..

Back