[6/27] Buffalo NY- R.i.t.T 2 RESULTS!!!

ChaCha

[10] Knight
Rumble in the Tundra 2- UB north Campus 6/27/09

First off I wanna thank everyone for coming up to Buffalo and making this a smooth event. It's only gonna get bigger and better and this one in particular was very enjoyable.

There will be vids posted hopefully (canada taped most important matches) and pics soon.

Here is the full results for each game:

StreetFighter 4: 45 entrants

1: Josh Ballard (Ohio)- Seth
2: JS master (Toronto)- Boxer/Blanka
3: Ex Matt (Toronto)- Boxer/Sagat
4: SF maniac (Pittsburgh)- Ryu
5: C-royd (Toronto)- Boxer
5: JWang (Toronto)- Boxer
7: Glory (Upstate)- Dictator
7: Daikon (Buffalo)- Blanka
9: Guyofkaillera (Buffalo)- Gouken
9: Dave Ro (Toronto)- Honda
9: Neorussell (Toronto) Vega/Ken/Dhalism
9: Zzy (Upstate)- Sagat
13: Zero fxi
13: Tiger Lee
13: Barry
13: WB!
17: Net Yuppie
17: Toiyet
17: Nick psi
17: LMC
17: ZTS
17: Lexaen
17: ChaCha
17: Cretin
25: Aasu
25: StridaJin
25: Baku
25: Mocha Ky
25: Gosuping
25: jesusarus rex
25: Tigedrboymac
25: RXS
33: Crusherfist 2000
33: DSRO
33: JBlaze
33: Anisakis
33: Kowtow
33: Big Richez
33: China
33: Blackandred
33: joey fury
33: Theli
33: Clue
33: Celeste
33: Rsnake

SoulCalibur 4: 15 entrants

1: Dreamkiller (NYC)- Scheherazade
2: Oofmatic (Toronto)- Vader/Yoda/Algol/Crazy shit
3: Ramon (NYC)- Sophie/Asta
4: Neorussell (Toronto)- Yoshi
5: STD (Toronto)- Amy
5: Kowtow (Buffalo)- Cervy
7: valei (Buffalo)- Hilde
7: ChaCha (Buffalo)- Lizardman/X
9: Jian
9: Big Richez
9: rigel
9: Khent
13: Idlemind
13: Shadowfox
13: Kikaleek

Tekken 5 DR:

1. Joey Fury (Buffalo) Marduk
2. Zzy (Upstate) King
3. ZTS (Upstate) Lee
4. ChaCha (Buffalo) Christie
5. valei (Buffalo) King

Many thanks and shout outs to come. Sorry we had to switch roomks last minute, it was hot inside it but it all worked out, ran quick and was much fun (i hope).

Grats to Dreamkiller who came back in DRAMATIC fashion on Oofmaury! Great shit, wish more people showed and played. Thanks for coming out.

StreetFighter had some HYPE ASS matches, so anyone who recorded (im lookin at you toronto), PLEASE POST IT HERE!

thanks!

cha cha

Definitely a ton of fun, you did a great job hosting and running everything ChaCha.

Good stuff guys, looking forward to traveling to your places of business in the future.

Hey I might as well give my shout-outs now before I leave for vacation.

Anyway, I was pretty bummed when we weren't able to play some Street Fighter the movie the game. I know I would have owned ;)

Shadowfux: It was good to see you again, Mike. LOL last night was definitely feeling Duff's like you: OOPWAH, OOPWAH, OOPWAH..... You know your always welcome here in Buffalo. We'll definitely have to play more online especially now since you have SF4.

Juan: My Confidence!? lmao That shit ain't cool man, but those ice cream maracas were bad-ass, the same goes for that beefy at Duff's. MMMMMMM BEEFY.

Rigel: Damn man I'm gonna have to challenge you again to get my money back. It was awesome to hang out with you for a little bit after the tourney. That shit with BANG I can see that not changing especially when BB is finally released on console.

Oof: If we had more time I would have loved to play you in casuals, which basically means you picking Algol and me playing my DS while you Bubble Bobble me in the air. But I guess that's still fun :)

Barry: To be honest when the GTM belt was created, we never expected the belt would be this serious so we never made any concrete rules about those who are the keepers of the belt. I'll have to make a thread explaining it sometime in the future.

The rest of Canada you know you guys are always welcome in Buffalo. It's just a shame that you guys couldn't stay for a little bit after the touney, I know you guys would have had a lot of fun.

Khent: I love to see players staying true to their characters, it gives me great pride as a Nightmare player to see something like that. We had some awesome matches and I hope to play you again and have the same result. That Nightmarica was fucking epic man, as far as I'm concerned you are always welcome in da Buff.

Josh: Your Seth is god-like. It's gonna be some epic stuff at EVO, I just wish I had enough time to save up to go this year. Oh well, there's always next year.

Idle: Man I never knew Nightmarica was so popular. If you or anyone else want's the original specs for the OG Nightmarica just PM me and I'll gladly let you know. Sorry about your stick though, that sucks man.

To everyone else that I forgot to mention: Thanks for playing, come again soon.

I have this strange sense of pride for Josh winning SF4 since he posts (or at least use to) on dustloop. Good shit.

Also Dreamkiller ftw, elf powers activate.

Oh shit u canadians really did make this! I really didn't think u assholes would make this event.

Congrats to all! Last but not least holy shit at STD at #5 and Maxx at #1 with a whole shit load less Amy experience. See mf I told u Taki was holding ur bitch ass back and I am dying to see who are the two that beat STD and the Oof vs. Maxx vids asap.

Hurry up I demand these vids. Last but not least NY mf's!

Yeah Barry you were asking me about the rules for challenging the belt holder, he has to accept challenges on a first come first serve basis, up to 3 times per event. So the first 3 people that challenge for the belt, he has to accept it. The champ isn't allowed to just cherry pick his opponents, I remember you expressed some concern about that. I'm really not in the mood to go enforcing the laws of the belt on the internet, and I'm done with Calibur now anyway, so you guys are on your own lol. But those are the breaks, you guys can figure out an enforcement system on your own.

Thanks to everyone for coming, it was a fun event. Congrats to Maxx on beating Oofmaury gimmick calibur, I didn't catch the finals but I'll try and see the vids later, if we have them.

another character that should be banned wins. Amy with extra range is cheap as fuck. but at least Hilde or Algol didn't win, so good shit.

That was a great Tournament! :D

Any chance to see the brackets?

Also no vids were recorded. I forgot the batteries for my camera. :(

By the way, I didn't use Algol at all. I only used Vader up until the finals where I ended up also using Talim, Yoda, and Kilik. Dreamkiller also used Algol in the finals to counter my Talim.

Shout-Outs -

Maxx: I was just one hit away from winning the first set and taking the tournament. >_< Good job nonetheless, you earned it. Amy cannot be counter picked. :( I'll hopefully see you at Evo where I'll get my revenge. I'll definitely be ready for you next time. Thanks to this defeat my blood is pumping and my motivation to improve is greater than ever. :)

ChaCha: Great job at running the tournament. It was one of the best run tournaments that I've ever been to. We definitely need to play next time though. I'll contact you as soon as I get my Evo ticket, which will hopefully be in a day or so.

Ramon: >_< Damn you for coaching Maxx while he was fighting my Yoda. But at least you were coaching him defense-wise and not telling him what to do. I remember at NEC Big Boi was coaching wing_zero in the finals trying to tell him what to do, and I could hear everything so I used that against him lol. If it weren't for you Maxx would have definitely lost! :P

Kowtow: GGs it was fun fighting your cervy. I know you woulda won if you had Bison. ;)

Valei: GGs to you and your very respectable Hilde. Stick Hilde ftw!

Jian: GGs you have a very good Sieg. It was great to fight someone who ducks 1BA so consistantly. Although you were falling for Vader's tech traps quite a lot so that tells me that JustKill doesn't use them enough.

Big Richez: We didn't get to play, I'll be sure to bubble juggle you next time though. :)

Rigel: I kinda wanted to play you more. See you at Evo man.

Khent: Thanks for making the drive up. It's too bad that we didn't play though. Would have been nice to get some Talim vs Mina casuals in.

IdleMind: It was cool meeting you man. I'm glad that you decided to enter the tourney.

Shadowfox: Great Kilik as usual. I was very surprised that you went to Setsuka against ChaCha. Thanks for playing me at the end, it was fun. :)

Kikaleek: I didn't even realize you were there... o_O

Wish I coulda stayed longer but the other Canadians were in a hurry to go home. >_>

Awesome event it was very well run.

Joey beats me again :( lol nice shit can't wait to own downstate with u in t6

Juan nice seeing u again hope my Advice helps

Cha cha nice show sir always u always make it enjoyable

Jj nice seeing u for a min lol
Barry nice talking to u ill try to make it up to love getty soon

I didn't really talk to too many sf players lol but it was a really good turn out and a lot of fun, good shit to all

http://www.upstatefighting.com

Haha sorry I was trying to drag Juan away from you btw, but none of us had eaten since the early morning, and Duff's is SO GOOD. Just wanted to get the old Fredonia crew together, sorry if it seemed like we were excluding people. I'm glad most of you got to go there and eat real Buffalo wings, especially the people who hadn't been there before.

man JUST got home! props later!

Dino - you should have came so NYC could have just taken your money in SC...it would have been easy...i mean fun...yeah...fun...

Props Maxx!!

wish i could've went, im sure Vagab0nd would say the same.

i thought there would be a higher turnout but eh..

Back