a:g:A timing

Really, really fast. :P

Bind a second a and g or something. I've been doing aga the traditional way, but everyone is starting to jf it with some consistency, so I switched my buttons all around two days ago. My gameplay has really been hampered over the last two days due to inputting the wrong crap all of the time, but I hit more JFs of aga in training yesterday than I have since I bought the game, so I think it'll pay off in the end . . . hopefully.

i think you wopuld need to be double jointed in your thumb to nail aga with a pad everytime... Idont own a arcade stick either :(

Sadly I can only do it with two hands with a regular ps3 controller on default settings. When I say two hands I really mean that I have to dedicate both of them to the buttons instead of one for moving and one for the buttons. I do it kinda like this: with my first hand I slide my finger very quickly from A to G - as soon as my finger comes of off G I press A again with the other hand/finger. With that method I can get a JF 90% of the time. But that method for anyone is useless as it is for me. You really need an arcade stick to do it properly. Trying to do it online with anything less than 5 bars is a waste of time and will get you killed.
.5 seconds

use b+g button; just it w/ some consistency, not hard to pull off, for me its xAb+g(left trigger). and btw this thread looks dead

Besides my lack of ability to grab I wanna know how to do this move. How do you guys do it or suggest me to do it with out changing the left trigger, default throw, because i use that move for overtoss for a wall combo every combo is essential for me or do you guys suggest that I change it to flapjack and be able to do a:G:A like that?

Besides my lack of ability to grab I wanna know how to do this move. How do you guys do it or suggest me to do it with out changing the left trigger, default throw, because i use that move for overtoss for a wall combo every combo is essential for me or do you guys suggest that I change it to flapjack and be able to do a:G:A like that?
So do you have it at the default control setup right now? If not what inputs do you have mapped to different buttons? Also do you use a standard grip or do you use the claw method when you're holding the controller?

Well my controller setup is like this all the buttons are the same.

LB=A+B
RB=A+K
LT=Y+A (default throw)
RT=Y+B
so yea...

Hmmm... a:G:A timing... simple, i have A+G mapped to R1, press A then press R1. Taaa daaaa

yeah thats exactly what id do. I find it much easier to nail agA in practice than in an actual match because iom under more preasure however ive almost got my iagA down... the 3 whiffs that happen to me arent so bar either Either il A+G grab, aa or the A+K imput will come most of which arent totally unsafe when id normally use agA.

Anyway! the way i got the timing down was to take great pains to ensure that i dont press R1 until after my finger comes off G. I know its obvious but that was my problem before.

Why is everyone so set on getting jf agA? It's not even that much different. Isn't it just extra damage and fancy wallsplat in juggles?

lolz, maybe I'm just lazy.

Why is everyone so set on getting jf agA? It's not even that much different. Isn't it just extra damage and fancy wallsplat in juggles?

lolz, maybe I'm just lazy.

Seig has 2 JFs (that i know of?) so theres something in my mind that just sayd "Wow pro Seigfreid!" If i see someone nailing one of the 2 JFs consistantly. Otherwise they just look like normal moves. yes your reading me correctly I want iagA purley because of its looks :P. That said theres definately a reason to want to master ib4. Much better gauge and hp damage its a monstor

JagA = The Jink slash. LOL, This is my move. If anyone wants to know how to do it 24/7, then acknowledge it, heheheh.

Nah, j/k. The Jink slash is good but not that necessary in term of difference in G-advantage. Both JF and normal versions gives the same amount of frames post guard. Being able to do frequents, fast agAs without messing up and ending up doing a throw or a neutral A, is more important. Just try to get them consistenly, then after you are sure and confortable perfoming it, master it into JagA.

Basic tip: Reduce your hand's motion input. Try to make three tap with just one (1/2) hand motion. Like in my arcade execution description at my post in the other agA topic that DrakeAldan posted at this topic's 2nd post.

IMO, 22kA MixUps are way more efficient and necesary to master. Make it into a reliable tool in your poket. 22kA:2A is a great Low, if not the best Low in the game. +8 on hit? That's a lot to play with!

^ LOL. Jink slash. That's awesome. But yeah, iagA isn't that much better than agA. The difference is definitely smaller than the difference between NM's iagA and his agA. a+ka:2a is definitely something that adds a new weapon to your arsenal. It's pretty much unpunishable at tip and it has great anti-step properties.

IMO, 22kA MixUps are way more efficient and necesary to master. Make it into a reliable tool in your poket. 22kA:2A is a great Low, if not the best Low in the game. +8 on hit? That's a lot to play with!
Totally agree. To me ja:G:a is just something blinky to do... yeah, maybe you can find a lot of usages, but as Jink said : "22kA MixUps are way more efficient and necesary to master". Would be good if jaga have better damage, more on guard advantage but reality is not always in the way we wanted. Better try to master a reliable weapon, and I'm taking this advice seriously to me... my hands are always shaking after a 22kA training session... for someones would be easy, for others will be hard as hell. Just keep trying.

-Stryker-

I'm curious, how do you map your pad/stick to try and get 22kA JF's down? I've found a method that seems to work for me, in that I can now do it fairly consistently, but I was curious to know who else has got a system? For those who are curious I use stick and have the following layout:

A1 B K

G A2 A+K

To do a+k:A:2a, I quickly move my hand down a fraction so that I can slide the A+K and A1 with my middle finger. At the end of that, my index finger is in pretty much the right position for me to just go 2A1. So far this is the easiest way that I've found, as well as the most consistent, at least it is for me. And given that button binding is allowed for pad and stick at most tournaments, we stick players might as well use it too - can't let the pad guys have all the fun.

Back