a micro-gallery

brucege

[14] Master
Hiya fellow CaSers!
Everyone's favorite moderator is finally stepping into the limelight. Here's your once-in-a-lifetime chance to get back at me for all the brutal reviews, cutting japes, and merciless trolling.

Wenshi, Dragon Priestess
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181025033715.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181025034137.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg

Wen Shi is the priestess of a dragon cult. She was so loved by her dragons that they tore off their own scales and hide to protect her in the form of her armor as she set off to (violently) spread the dragon gospel to ignorant heathens across China.

Last edited:
LOBSTER MAN
1.jpg
2.jpg

Did you know that lobsters are actually highly intelligent and sensitive to pain? Every time you boil a lobster it feels the same pain as you would. Well. The souls of all the lobsters boiled by mankind have merged into one magnificent being. The Lobster Man. And he's returned from the dead to boil the entire race of human scum.

Last edited:
Ashlotte
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181026212831.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181026212722.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181026205653.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181026205050.jpg
3.jpg

Pro-tip (advanced): Don't forget to adjust body proportions! I recommend starting with average build (all stats -12) so you have room to adjust. If, for example, you think a pair of shoulder pads are too bulky, cut upper arm size down to -20. For Ashlotte, I wanted the belt to show through the wire cage, so I maxed out hip size (+20.) Bonus - extra thicc Ashlotte.

Last edited:
You are an expert at using the accessories.

Wen Shi is gorgeous. Loving her gun hat.and the scales on the Changbao do a great job simulating armor.

Lobster Man is cleverly designed. Wish I had your talent.

Your take on Ashlotte is outstanding. Curious about how you made her skirt though with just patterns and stickers.

You are an expert at using the accessories.

Wen Shi is gorgeous. Loving her gun hat.and the scales on the Changbao do a great job simulating armor.

Lobster Man is cleverly designed. Wish I had your talent.

Your take on Ashlotte is outstanding. Curious about how you made her skirt though with just patterns and stickers.
Thanks, Quill!

You pick up a lot of tricks from reviewing others' CaS haha. I see the talent in you too. We literary types have a certain personality that shines through in CaS once we pick up the techniques. Ashlotte's skirt is just the gradient pattern (basic 1, white/pink/purple) with 3 max-sized ribbon stickers. You drag them up and down and pick out a random combination. Then you black it out with a maxed inverted heart sticker.

Best.

Hi,

Wenshi is a beauty, i really love the cool derringer hat, the turtle collar extension (must have peen a pain in the a. to position), the colors, almost everything :)
almost : the blurry flame sticker on the chest is distracting, i am unsure about the belt and leg equipment, doesn't scream asian, might be better choices (and fresher ones) using new cast's new items...
The background story is about dragons, hmmm, what a coincidence...

I am shell-shocked by your lobster man, it made me laugh out loud, you know i love outrageous CAS, the head build is cool (especially from the side) because it looks like a Voldo.
You are boiling hot my man !

Ashlotte, well, looks great, not sure if she is human or not, but i might have used the robot/puppet doll race for added wow effect and a nice twist on an ahslotte clone or something idk, rarely have time for extensive background stories. But i am convinced she'd greater that way, just a creative intuition my friend...

Hyped for your Exeq guide i read about somewhere (so many threads, i am trying to balance posting my stuff and commenting on others, not easy tbh)

Yup...might as well drop the series....i've no hope...😭 (kidding)

Uh, i'm not great at all at reviewing CaS but, here's my humble opinion.
Wenshi: First thing that came to my mind when i saw her was Guan Yu, Chinese god of war. She is what i expected from a dragon themed CaS, amazingly designed and detailed, the scale patterns on her Changbao and waist armor are not over-saturated & with subtle coloring, her top part of the costume is well-structured whilst her bottom feels a tad off with her bare feet. She would definitely benefit from Taki's Partial Shadow leg armor, even more so if you apply the same color you used for the Scorpion Greaves. Outstanding work though!

Lobster Man: I admit, i laughed my ass off the instant i saw the guy!! Great creation, with an even greater use of Voldo's accesories, namely the Allegiance Mask posing as Lobsty's head :D

Ashlotte: Confess, you modded SC6 and brought her model over from 4!😂
Best attempt i've seen of her, awesome color palette worthy of her mecha-gothic-loli look!
Now, regarding the Automaton thing. Though she would indeed look even closer to the original, (personally) there's no need to do so, she's more than fine as is.

Excellent creations, looking forward to more!
(Also, thanks for the body adjustment tip, much appreciated!)

Everyone's favorite moderator is finally stepping into the limelight.
What? No I'm not! Kappa

Ok but, REALLY Bruce.

Wen Shi is gorgeous.... I see what Vil is saying regarding the chest-motif but I actually like it, it breaks that green up nicely and whilst it certainly draws the eye I think that's a good thing, as i's downwards pointing it then leads the eye to take in the other details. I LOVE the turtle collar, always a classic, and that hat, is that the gun ExEq? Really effective job. I've been excited about seeing what you create and I'm not disappointed :D Again I see what Vil is saying regarding the footwear, but again I have to disagree. I can suspend my belief enough and the material choices match. You've done a great job with that, making pieces that might look out of place (Sophitia's shoulders) match up, so big kudos for that.

Lobster Man! Despite being such a creative and well-executed idea, I don't have much to say. It's just really solid and looks the part. How does he look doing Voldo's stances? I'd be intrigued to see that too if you could :D

Ashlotte! One of the characters from IV I always try and recreate - I want her back so much - and it's gonna be incredible hard not to just riff off your design entirely. You did her some real justice here.

Glad to see your stuff again friend. :)

Great use of color and stylization, it nails what imho a cas should be... in perfect line with the game
Will surely keep an eye on future updates

Just simple question, there's a particular reason you did'nt picked the mannequin race for Ashelotte?
I'm just asking because they probably made up that race for her

Thanks for all the feedback, friends! Ashlotte would definitely be better as automaton race, but for some reason about 20% of the standard equipment is locked out for automatons. Random, like the ‘parlor blouse’ you see above. I’m gonna say she went on an epic quest of self-discovery, pulled a Pinocchio, and became a real boy.

@VILARCANE: Yeah the sticker blurriness is pretty distracting. SC6 sticker engine just can’t measure up to SC5, but for Wen Shi, I’m willing to make some sacrifices to build the character I want. Hmm now that you mention it, the scorpion greaves might be replaced with new equipment.

@Ardent: Hmm. I see what you mean. Bare feet would indeed get in the way of justice. I’ll probably need to update my originals once more DLC rolls out.

@WindupSkeleton: Fine. Let’s call it a tie in 1st place moderating….for now (cue ominous chuckling). JK. Wen Shi is indeed using a gun ExEq, which has taken over the feathers of strength for most useful ExEq. Also. I’m glad that you appreciate Lobster Man. He’s actually using Azwel style because the screaming, tortured souls of boiled lobsters gave him command over cold and heat to serve their vengeance.

@Gatsu: I’m glad you noticed that I tried to make a character to blend into SC world. With the limited options we have atm, it seems much more natural to go with the SC flow than wander off into like hard sci-fi, Victorian, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback, friends! Ashlotte would definitely be better as automaton race, but for some reason about 20% of the standard equipment is locked out for automatons. Random, like the ‘parlor blouse’ you see above. I’m gonna say she went on an epic quest of self-discovery, pulled a Pinocchio, and became a real boy.

@WindupSkeleton: Fine. Let’s call it a tie in 1st place moderating….for now (cue ominous chuckling). JK. Wen Shi is indeed using a gun ExEq, which has taken over the feathers of strength for most useful ExEq. Also. I’m glad that you appreciate Lobster Man. He’s actually using Azwel style because the screaming, tortured souls of boiled lobsters gave him command over cold and heat to serve their vengeance.

Are you planning to murder me Bruce? Because bless you for the gift of escaping this cursed Earth <3
Honestly Wen Shi reminds me (for no reason) of a character from Breath of Fire IV, Ursula. Who is like, one of the best in that game so it's meant nicely!
And oh damn, I thought those were Voldo weapons for claws but no I'm just blind as heck :O

Wen Shi looks stone cold...for a dragon priestess. Big fan of the subtle touches in her face and collar. Yeah, I think everything that could be said has been said already, the only nitpick (watch me reach into another time-zone for it...) would be maybe putting a (subtle) pattern on her tights...that's it. Great stuff!

Lobster Man looks like a Power Rangers villain...we're gonna need a bigger fork...

Ashlotte's looking good, too. Hopefully they fix the item conflicts you mentioned, it seems pretty daft to limit races like that. It doesn't hurt the design though, all said and done.

Good to see you're back at it!

@WindupSkeleton : Hmmm...I may need to get BoF on emulator. I'm getting tired of getting my ass kicked online haha.

@Fatal_Exodus : Yeah it takes a while to get used to spotting the equipment. For Wen Shi, the top is the 'town girl kimono." The bottom is cut off by the waist wrap, and the sleeves are cut off by the gloves. Then you plop down an upside down turtle shell ExEq around the neck, match the colors, and you're done! The SCV crew often used the turtle shell to make 'fake' collars and waist armor extensions.

@Fliptop : Oh shit, Jaws references! Baller. Maybe that blue/white frost pattern would add some texture to the pants. I hope you'll also be making an SC6 debut?

I keep trying to write a comment here, and I'm just lost for words. That lobster is pure genius. Only way he could be "better" is if he weren't boiled red, but I suppose then he'd lose the joy of being a revenant crustacean out for revenge. Looking forward to more!

Back